Multiple wives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My thought: Keysar Trad is a fucking skidmark on the underpants of society.. and needs to get a one way ticket back to Goatfuckistan where he came from.

We don't need people like him in Australia.

Have a bacon sandwich and fuck off Keytard

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My thought: Keysar Trad is a fucking skidmark on the underpants of society.. and needs to get a one way ticket back to Goatfuckistan where he came from.

We don't need people like him in Australia.

Have a bacon sandwich and fuck off Keytard
Lol
He is a moron
No doubt about it.

But look at the points he has raised

On the logic of the gay marriage vote getting up,
How can the Australian public vote no to Islamic multiple wives?

(One of the reasons I switched from yes to no vote, I knew it would open a can of worms)

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keep it simple and just stick to multiple mistresses and fuck buddies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Why are you bringing up an article from August?
2. Keyser Trad can piss off back to a theocratic muslim country
For me, it's relevant more now than back then since the yes vote got up on gay marriage

And whilst I support the concept of gay marriage and don't for multiple wives Trad does have a good point.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I already have one mother in law. Why would I want another one?

Unless I married sisters... notwithstanding my sis in law is a very confirmed lesbian.
Lol
Very good point,

Lol
Where does it end?

If multiple wives get up on the basis of equality of Islam

Will the feminist then request the right for woman to have multiple husbands?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But seriously, is he also suggesting women can have multiple husbands. If not, why not?
He would not condone that as it's not in Islamic law for that.

It's all about the man lol

Feminist will blow up

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For me, it's relevant more now than back then since the yes vote got up on gay marriage

And whilst I support the concept of gay marriage and don't for multiple wives Trad does have a good point.
Ok fair enough.

Look I don't have a problem with it, if anyone wants multiple partners good luck to them if all participants agree to it (it goes on anyways with mistresses and what not). But if it's just reserved for men to do it, then no.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok fair enough.

Look I don't have a problem with it, if anyone wants multiple partners good luck to them if all participants agree to it (it goes on anyways with mistresses and what not). But if it's just reserved for men to do it, then no.
That is what Trad wants
Men only
On the basis of religious equality, how can it be denied?

And then how can the feminist be denied when they return serve requesting equal rights for woman to have multiple husbands?

Where does it end?

Are all theses new laws and change potentially set to happen,

Will society be better of as a result?

What are the possible consequences?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That is what Trad wants
Men only
You know what I wouldn't be surprised if it's already going on but they present themselves as single mums as they can't legally be married to someone who's already married. If not for the emotional abuse of women, I'd hardly think the world is going to end.

And then how can the feminist be denied when they return serve requesting equal rights for woman to have multiple husbands
They can't be denied.

Where does it end?
When it starts hurting someone. Even though I said if all parties are happy with it, I doubt realistically that all parties would be happy with it. So I don't think polygamy will be passed as a law.

Pretty sure I saw a YouTube video of an American guy and his two "wives" who were living like that, They weren't Muslim. And they claimed they were happy.

Society would balance itself out.

I think for society to thrive people have to stop making demands of people's private lives. Within reason

This is slippery slope arguments papa, I know its not your intention to be negative you're just enquiring. But none the less it's a slippery slope

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Polygamy is idiocy personified.
Why would you want to be bitched at by multiple women ?
Why would you want more mother in laws ?
Think of the clothes, shoes and handbag expenses ?
What happens when their periods sync and you have 5 angry wives at once ??
Fuck me !

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lol He is a moron No doubt about it.

But look at the points he has raised

On the logic of the gay marriage vote getting up,
How can the Australian public vote no to Islamic multiple wives?
The same sex marriage vote wasn't a religious thing.... Keysar Trads multiple wives idea IS.

Thus the HUGE difference.

If the Pasta gods allow you to marry a horse, and Keysar Trads multiple wife thing went through, then the government would also have to allow you to marry a horse on religious grounds.

This hasn't opened up a can of worms at all (the SSM thing). This is just some opportunistic sand nice guy trying to ride the coat tails of the SSM vote, with a stupid idea.

WORTH NOTING that the areas in Sydney that strongly voted against SSM, where predominately muslim.
So they can't say "nope dont agree with SSM, but on the basis of it we want multiple wives".. that would be ironic.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That is what Trad wants
Men only
It's not considered "equality". Even if you put "religious" before equality, it's still not equality. It's like saying "my religion tells me I can kill people. How can you not give me the religious equality to kill people"

Equality requires that all people are considered equal. If it is passed then it would have to be for men and women.

And then how can the feminist be denied when they return serve requesting equal rights for woman to have multiple husbands?
They can't be denied if it's actual equality.

Where does it end?
It ends at polygamy as far as I know. Where could it possibly go from here? Is there another format of consenting relationship that I don't know about?

The question is whether it's a large detriment to society. When providing a freedom you need to look at whether that freedom will result in a detriment. If it doesn't, then why wouldn't you provide the freedom?

A few examples. Did banning slaves create a detriment to society?

No. Many slave owners would try to convince you that it did but it didn't.

Does allowing gay marriage create a detriment to society?

Of course not. Bigots will try to convince you that it'll destroy society, but it won't.

Will it cause a detriment if we allow beastiality and paedophilia?

Of course it will. In both situations one participant cannot truly consent which is why the relationship is considered criminal.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's an idiot, he'd be better off not getting polygamy legalised , would be c3ntrelink suicide for him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Polygamy is idiocy personified.
Why would you want to be bitched at by multiple women ?
Why would you want more mother in laws ?
Think of the clothes, shoes and handbag expenses ?
What happens when their periods sync and you have 5 angry wives at once ??
Fuck me !
The 5 would combine to make the ultimate angry woman, "By your powers combined I become... Captain PMS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.