MT Wilson 9yr old found?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The problem is, that never happens.

I was reading an article the other day of a bloke who killed someone in Moorebank late in 2020. He was high on Ice, ran her over and killed someone who was here on a student VISA. It was his SECOND time driving whilst under the influence of illegal narcotics in the space of a few months, and had a suspended license. He also had 16 prior driving convictions.

The judge even said during the court case that he was not a person of good character, or something to that effect.

He was sentenced this week to wait for it... 2 years and 3 months. He will be eligible for Parole in September next year. Now - he did plead guilty. But fuck me - a wrap sheet like that, took a life... and he could be out next year.
I heard about that one bro - that was pathetic. She was on her bike or something when he hit her. The system here needs an overhaul badly. This is his second time driving under the influence and this time he took a life. Unbelievably light sentence.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Major questions hang over the tragic Charlise Mutten investigation, with police claiming it has been difficult to speak with her mum.
She can only hide in the hospital for so long

Tuffers

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just a moment before you get out your pitchforks and nooses. Horrific crimes deserve serious punishment however the death penalty is not the way. There are too many mistakes made by the police and justice system which result in innocent people being killed (See the U.S. system for example). You can't say sorry, my bad when the person is in a box in the the ground. At least with prison an innocent person can be released down the track should new evidence / corruption / incompetence be identified.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just a moment before you get out your pitchforks and nooses. Horrific crimes deserve serious punishment however the death penalty is not the way. There are too many mistakes made by the police and justice system which result in innocent people being killed (See the U.S. system for example). You can't say sorry, my bad when the person is in a box in the the ground. At least with prison an innocent person can be released down the track should new evidence / corruption / incompetence be identified.
I would agree there.

I am sure many would disagree - but for mine, two wrongs do not make a right.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Australia, founded by convicts, run by convicts, protects fkn convicts.

Sometimes I think the Jews were right with their eye for an eye mentality.
Whilst I am not one to say I know the Jewish religion back to front - but this is a very misconstrued understanding of this biblical lesson.

When it comes to commiting a crime, and the consequences of such - there is a 3-level criteria that the punishment must fit:

Reform - does the punishment provide opportunity for change within the person?
Restitution - compensation
Deterrence - will other people consider the same crime, if the punishment is not severe or too light?

Eye for an Eye seeks to find a punishment that fits the crime - manslaughter, or death, does not allow for the 1st to occur, might give some level of compensation (if one feels the death is justified) to the victim (unless, they themselves are dead). It will more than likely always fit the deterrence criteria though, considering it is the ultimate action to take. It also leaves no chance for Reform.

Now I will admit - there are some people who are so far gone for reform (Anita Coby case, Bilal Skaf etc). Those are very circumstantial cases - In my mind and from what I have seen of society - many feel that the death penalty should be used much more widely than what it is currently. And that saddens me, cause all life should be considered precious.

Remember - many of these people are the way they are because of their environment. Zach Levy (Shazam) shared a heartbreaking story of his mother on a podcast last week, where he basically broke down crying because of the abuse she copped when she was young, and how that affected her adult life (and all her relationships, including with her own children).

In cases such as this - the minimum this bloke who ended the life of the most precious of society, should be looking at is decades confined in our penal system.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whilst I am not one to say I know the Jewish religion back to front - but this is a very misconstrued understanding of this biblical lesson.

When it comes to commiting a crime, and the consequences of such - there is a 3-level criteria that the punishment must fit:

Reform - does the punishment provide opportunity for change within the person?
Restitution - compensation
Deterrence - will other people consider the same crime, if the punishment is not severe or too light?

Eye for an Eye seeks to find a punishment that fits the crime - manslaughter, or death, does not allow for the 1st to occur, might give some level of compensation (if one feels the death is justified) to the victim (unless, they themselves are dead). It will more than likely always fit the deterrence criteria though, considering it is the ultimate action to take. It also leaves no chance for Reform.

Now I will admit - there are some people who are so far gone for reform (Anita Coby case, Bilal Skaf etc). Those are very circumstantial cases - In my mind and from what I have seen of society - many feel that the death penalty should be used much more widely than what it is currently. And that saddens me, cause all life should be considered precious.

Remember - many of these people are the way they are because of their environment. Zach Levy (Shazam) shared a heartbreaking story of his mother on a podcast last week, where he basically broke down crying because of the abuse she copped when she was young, and how that affected her adult life (and all her relationships, including with her own children).

In cases such as this - the minimum this bloke who ended the life of the most precious of society, should be looking at is decades confined in our penal system.
While you make valid points, the penal system is a hotel and further education for scum bags.

Now if they had no privileges and just given bread and water to survive, I'd agree with you.

The money spent on these scum ***** can go to people with disabilities, families in need and the homeless.

Tuffers

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine being the APS5 (probably some just graduated law student) given the task of writing government policy for the new torture regime in prisons. "Hmmmm, bamboo spears under the fingernails is ok, but what about in the eyes? Might have to see how Iran manage this issue".

NOPE

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
While you make valid points, the penal system is a hotel and further education for scum bags.

Now if they had no privileges and just given bread and water to survive, I'd agree with you.

The money spent on these scum ***** can go to people with disabilities, families in need and the homeless.
I'm sure I seen an article saying it cost around 100k a year per inmate to be housed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Imagine being the APS5 (probably some just graduated law student) given the task of writing government policy for the new torture regime in prisons. "Hmmmm, bamboo spears under the fingernails is ok, but what about in the eyes? Might have to see how Iran manage this issue".

NOPE
I'll do it lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

NOPE
Id take it to far id put mariah carey xmas album on a constant loop

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That absolutely goes without saying.

As someone who values life, I just cannot justify ending ones' life - two wrongs do not make a right.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Throw this fkn dog under the jail.