News MPs consider introducing OPT OUT Organ Donation Policy.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With all due respect Sleeky, I'm not sure you've followed @ASSASSIN s journey. Allow me to elaborate on why this one is close to me... there are two good reasons.

Not all that far in the past Assassin was near death. He's died technically something like 12 times now. His issue required a heart transplant.

Healthy as a young adult before (and he can correct me if I'm wrong here), but I believe it was cardio myocarditis changed his life and that of his wife and 2(?) kids. He went from healthy and happy adult to completely crippled and unable to work, and barely able to get out of bed.

After the heart transplant came (after some years) when he was knocking hard on deaths door, he assumed that all would be good. Not quite.

He's had complication after complication as his body has attempted to reject the new heart that had to come from NZ because a suitable organ was not available in Australia. That heart had 2 hours left before it would have been discarded and unusable.

His thyroids been killed off because they thought that was to blame, he's had half a dozen other things go wrong, and as recently as a week ago was in St Vincents having plasma replaced in his blood in an attempt to stop rejection.

If there's anyones opinion on this topic that should be heard it's one of two people.

#1 Assassin.
#2 Dropbear (aka Peter).

You may not know about or remember Peter, so let me assist.

Peter was a Parra supporter who came to this forum for reasons unknown initially. I think it was to shit stir. Around that time we organised a fundraiser for Assassin, because he was not working (still isn't medically allowed years on) and was paying a mortgage on a new home, and trying to support his kids on a single income.

Peter saw this and took the fundraising details over to One Eyed Eel. Parra fans got onboard and spread the word and a mutual friendship in the fanbase blossomed. Parra fans raised a lot of money as well for Assassin... and the two forums came together. They also organised a BBQ for Assassin (I think it was Peter, @dogluva, @south of heaven and a few others - albeit my recollection is slightly foggy there).

Peter also posted up details for a Parra fan who required surgery on an brain tumour. We shared that fundraising link.

Peter gave so much of his own time to here and the Parra forum, but behind the username he harboured a secret. Peter was dieing and needed a kidney transplant.

Several times he was ready to head to hospital only to find a non match.

Sadly Peter passed away before a kidney match was never found. We passed on condolences to his family and friends, and he holds a special place not only in my heart for his contributions to the fanbases, but also a special place across both fanbases.

Why do I say all this? Well if more organs were available, Assassin might have had a match sooner, but more importantly Peter may still be with us today.

Nobody can deny that more organs in an organ bank means more lives eventually saved.
Thank you for this post brother, only 2 things is it was cardio myocarditis and severe dilated cardiomyopathy. The heart was implanted with 13 mins before thrown away, after being delayed on the runway in Auckland.

PS the profs and docs knew I wouldn't be getting a heart from Australia because lack of donors.

Only reason I got it from NZ because I was the only person in the Southern Hemisphere that needed a B positive heart, otherwise it was bye bye Eddie.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can I ask a personal question? Did you have a stance or opinion about this before you needed a transplant?
I think some people may not understand how important organ donation is if it’s never affected them.
I still think the answer actually lies with stem cells and being able to grow organs in a lab.
I have been a donor since my L's, I was 16. I copped the usual crap from my mates (they won't revive you and they cut you up while alive and other bullshit) but didn't deter me. I copped an airborne virus that hit my heart, it wasn't through anything I did to bring on this disease.

I am religious but I have never hated science. They already have a system where they take your own DNA and create the organ needed. So far it's been tested on dolphins, pigs, cows, apes and horses and all were success, we are 6 years away from human testing (which I already have volunteered for), and if successful, will be introduced within the next 8 to 10 years.

I currently take 56 tablets a day to keep me alive, after this new breakthrough, will need 10-12 max.

PS please feel free to ask any question on this as I want to share the highs and lows to people interested.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Did plenty of the shit stir Mr I but was a fair-minded gentleman who initially was asking along the lines of if anyone could assist in the sourcing of and donation of old bike parts to assist the manufacture of wheelchairs for third world countries.

Many a lively conversation to be sure but never ever breached the protocol of being well behaved. Opinions many and varied but never overstepped.Great man even though he was a Parra fan which we joked about all the time.

That BBQ at Belmore was a great day and I was lucky to meet the man Assassin himself, his family, plus some other like minded kennelers. Good people all of them.

Hear, hear.

Everyone has an opinion on things other wise the world would be a terribly boring old place and even though we may agree to disagree at times we should respect those point of views even though they may differ from ours , sometimes greatly.
I still feel guilty that Pete missed out, he was one of my rocks and inspirations, which thank the Lord, I have many on here.

I will never forget your work Mama, I am waiting for the day I can repay you and all the awesome people on here.

I'll be honest, my faith in humans was at zero, this place proved me wrong and I'm over the moon at being wrong.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN i am donating my dick to the NSW Fire Service..to be used as a long hose.. it won’t need to be on a roller..just give it a little rub to extend..but it’s gotta be used quick because it won’t last long before it retracts!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN i am donating my dick to the NSW Fire Service..to be used as a long hose.. it won’t need to be on a roller..just give it a little rub to extend..but it’s gotta be used quick because it won’t last long before it retracts!
Bahahahahahaha it will save a lot of lives..... and impregnate the rest

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bahahahahahaha it will save a lot of lives..... and impregnate the rest
A lady put an ad in the paper looking for a man. The description read "Must not hit me, must not run out on me, and must be good in bed."

The following morning the doorbell rings. She answers it and sitting there in a wheelchair is man with no arms or legs.

Woman: Can I help you?
Man: Yes I'm responding to your ad in the paper yesterday, you said you were looking for a man?
Woman: How can you possibly meet my criteria?
Man: Well I have no arms, so I can't hit you
Woman: Go on...
Man: And I have no legs, so I can't run out on you.
Woman: It also says you must be good in bed?
Man: Well I rang the doorbell didn't I?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A lady put an ad in the paper looking for a man. The description read "Must not hit me, must not run out on me, and must be good in bed."

The following morning the doorbell rings. She answers it and sitting there in a wheelchair is man with no arms or legs.

Man: Yes I'm responding to your ad in the paper yesterday, you said you were looking for a man?
Lol..an oldie but a goody!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

He's a Clever Dick.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wolfmother optimistic? Lol.. The quick retraction isn’t an exaggeration!:fearscream:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still feel guilty that Pete missed out, he was one of my rocks and inspirations, which thank the Lord, I have many on here.

I will never forget your work Mama, I am waiting for the day I can repay you and all the awesome people on here.

I'll be honest, my faith in humans was at zero, this place proved me wrong and I'm over the moon at being wrong.
You have repaid me ten fold by just being here. Keep on fighting the good fight and never give up.

I too feel guilty about Pete, he was a top notch human being and did not deserve what happened to him.

I was inspired by his humbleness and positivity even in the really bad times. I know he is looking down on us now and would be saying keep on going, keep on pushing to make it easier for those who are still in dire trouble. One day I know his prayers and those of many of us here on the kennel will be answered.We just need to hang in there..

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's great that Australia has moved out of the dark ages and joined the bigger countries in the world.

What's the big fucking deal of opting out? If you opt out it's fine, no pressure.

I'd even take it a step further and only donors can receive donations.

People make a billion reasons why they don't want to donate but are the first ones to put their hand up when a loved one needs an organ.

My family and I have always been donors and thank God others were donors too otherwise my wife would be a widow and 2 angels wouldn't have a father.

What you think the late and great Drop Bear and his family would say about opting-out, what about the Kennels Mama @dogluva or @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'? They fought their arses off just to have a round for awareness, not money.

PS I'm still a donor on the new system.
That about sums it up mate.
I figure when I am dead I won't care anyway so where is the problem?
"Religious reasons" - DO NOT get me started - if these clowns are so into religion they will condemn others to death or a life of misery then I don't think they are religious at all.
Haven't seen any god saying "Fuckem dude, you is the important one"
Opt out if you want - no big deal - then "if you are not prepared to give, then do not expect to receive" (Like that idea Assassin)
Get this up ya

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That about sums it up mate.
I figure when I am dead I won't care anyway so where is the problem?
"Religious reasons" - DO NOT get me started - if these clowns are so into religion they will condemn others to death or a life of misery then I don't think they are religious at all.
Haven't seen any god saying "Fuckem dude, you is the important one"
Opt out if you want - no big deal - then "if you are not prepared to give, then do not expect to receive" (Like that idea Assassin)
Get this up ya
Thank you for your constant support my brother.

PS love that guy, certainly got what he wanted. Just wish that went viral instead which kuntrashian is fucking which black guy today.