Moving to Northern Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit bro all next week in Katherine 37 plus drink plenty of water . That's a good initiation to the heat lol

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Drove up there from Brisvegas and only made it to Roma on the 1st day. Only took me another 2 days driving @ 160km-ish.
Thought I'd spoil myself to a feed and a few rums at the local. When I got to the pub the local copper pulled up in his 4wd cop wagon in shorts singlet and thongs. Instantly thinking I will have to make it a short visit but I decided to keep an eye on the copper and he downed no less than 8 schooners in a couple of hours and stumbled back to his vehicle and I knew from that point on I wasnt going to regret the move :grimacing:

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Wasn't that bad, actually it was the best stop we had. Weather was great, new owners so there was a bit of work getting done, cabins where great, even found an old dogs jersey on the wall. New owner is a mad roosters supporter so I spent the night giving him shit, really nice place to stay the night, definitely recommend

Attachments

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wasn't that bad, actually it was the best stop we had. Weather was great, new owners so there was a bit of work getting done, cabins where great, even found an old dogs jersey on the wall. New owner is a mad roosters supporter so I spent the night giving him shit, really nice place to stay the night, definitely recommend
Thong tree, not what I was expecting....

Attachments

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey brother stopped at the barkley homestead for lunch today, gotta say food was awesome and yeah pricey but the thing that got me was this old fart starring at me for about 20 minutes, I asked him what was the matter? He replied whats that shirt your wearing? I told him it's the bulldogs training shirt, he replied we don't get many of your type out here.... So before I lost my shit my wife asked him what's this type your talking about? This redneck leather handbag looking mother fucker said wogs...... Long story shortish staying in Tennant Creek tonight and can i say FUCK ME WHAT A **** OF A PLACE
Thanks for that old codger. Let me ask you one more question. Seeing that you’re switched on to people’s ethnic backgrounds, how many half cast kids call you Dad?

Plenty of blokes like that in the red centre. What a dick

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just spent ages reading through this whole thread.

Looks like your having a great adventure, all the best with it mate

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for that old codger. Let me ask you one more question. Seeing that you’re switched on to people’s ethnic backgrounds, how many half cast kids call you Dad?

Plenty of blokes like that in the red centre. What a dick
Are you offended by something I have said NickT?
Who are you referring to as a dick?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey brother stopped at the barkley homestead for lunch today, gotta say food was awesome and yeah pricey but the thing that got me was this old fart starring at me for about 20 minutes, I asked him what was the matter? He replied whats that shirt your wearing? I told him it's the bulldogs training shirt, he replied we don't get many of your type out here.... So before I lost my shit my wife asked him what's this type your talking about? This redneck leather handbag looking mother fucker said wogs...... Long story shortish staying in Tennant Creek tonight and can i say FUCK ME WHAT A **** OF A PLACE
Its funny some people can say something like that without malice they are just curious, some are just *****. When i was traveling and talking with local folk and was bought up im a wog i usually got yeah but your not one of those bin laden ***** so i guess your alright :tearsofjoy: .
You should of just milked it and said "farrk bro you haven't seen many ? We just moving here my cousins brothers sisters aunties and uncles are on the next bus here ..nice to meet you neighbor lol

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you offended by something I have said NickT?
Who are you referring to as a dick?
I'm pretty sure his referring to the hill billy u ran into, any good backpacker waitresses at Barkley? Was a couple. Of cracking Irish birds there in march lol

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its funny some people can say something like that without malice they are just curious, some are just *****. When i was traveling and talking with local folk and was bought up im a wog i usually got yeah but your not one of those bin laden ***** so i guess your alright :tearsofjoy: .
You should of just milked it and said "farrk bro you haven't seen many ? We just moving here my cousins brothers sisters aunties and uncles are on the next bus here ..nice to meet you neighbor lol
Damn that would have been an awesome response he would have shit himself.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure his referring to the hill billy u ran into, any good backpacker waitresses at Barkley? Was a couple. Of cracking Irish birds there in march lol
2 older ladies, they where really nice but no younger ladies, wouldn't matter im married and I love my wife, she tells me everyday

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Relax cuss. I am Maori. We are the wogs of the pacific.
I was referring to the skippy
All good bro, Maori... You see what I'm wearing round my neck in the photos? Got it at the thermal village in rotorua, been there a few times, rather that smell then this heat. How long you been in NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.