Moving to Northern Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
very fucking sad predicament. had many aboriginal mates up there that broke the cycle and their families were constantly trying to bring them back down
Yep knew this chic that worked full time jobs to get away from it all , her whole family turned on her after she refused to give them a hand out.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Food stamps.
Then you’ll get an escalation in violence and robberies..as people take the things they can’t buy..because they no longer have the money they used to receive to buy it..it’s a vicious circle..

Food stamps are not such a simple solution when you look at it practically..

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any work up there?
The more I hear about it the stranger it gets, almost like the world has moved forward and forgot about NT
Some of those missions bro are unbelievable until you see them with your own eyes , so much rape. kids with stds and fuck knows what else the violence is out of control. You see a few chics jumping on each others head in the street dont get involved. Because if you drag one off the one getting her head stomped will turn on you.
Some of the shit you witness you wont get your head around ever. Its not doom and gloom every day , but you are going to enter a very bizzare new world

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I really feel sorry for the abo race. People think letting them do whatever they want and handing out grants/ free money is going to help them.

How can you expect abos to change when they grow up in a family environment where the parents, uncles, aunts and grand parents (if they are still alive) are alcoholics and bums.

99% chance is that their off spring is going to turn out like them, if this continues on, the real abos (from up north) are not going to survive another 100 years.

very sad.
Most of the 100% indig aboriginals still live out on the land, not even realising theres a thing called TV. Saw them when I visited Alice about 20 years ago.

Most of my time will be on base, all the people around us are raaf as it's basically on base living conditions.
Young boy 7 and little girl 4.
Hmmm well you have the "normal" stuff, like Movie World / Dream World / etc which everyone loves, and coming into summer the water parks will be open too.

About 30 minutes from Surfers is Advancetown and Hinze Dam (interesting place to stop for a peek). If the kids don't mind walking, you've GOT to check out both Natural Bridge and Purling Brook Falls (at Springbrook National Park). Purling Brook Falls is about a km walk, but can be steep (all steps), down into an amazing waterfall.. a sight to behold and pictures don't do it justice.

Canyon Lookout up at Springbrook is STUNNING as well, and The Best of All Lookout just over the border shows you both sides of the mountains that act as border between NSW and Qld.

Casuarina is a nice place to check out and relax not far from Surfers as well. Beach is a bit iffy for swimming though (sharks and currents).

Surfers itself don't bother with... overrated and pretty much "Asians and Bogans on an average beach, with added sleaze".. not much going for it... and the noise is non stop normally.

If you head more north Twin Waters is nice, but thats like 2 hrs from Surfers.

Have you considered going more north and cutting across via Longreach, etc?
Have you been up around that area before? There might be other ways to do a good trip if you aren't bothered with Surfers and the fun parks (E.G up via Coffs, across Waterfall way, then up north inland near Springbrook)..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Some of those missions bro are unbelievable until you see them with your own eyes , so much rape. kids with stds and fuck knows what else the violence is out of control. You see a few chics jumping on each others head in the street dont get involved. Because if you drag one off the one getting her head stomped will turn on you.
Some of the shit you witness you wont get your head around ever. Its not doom and gloom every day , but you are going to enter a very bizzare new world
Or alternatively on the way to NT he could take the kids to Dubbo Zoo.. get them familiar with the lifestyle in a single day trip??

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The more I hear about it the stranger it gets, almost like the world has moved forward and forgot about NT

back packers, whites, browns, yellows , jedis basically every one except for the black fellas.

One thing I can guarantee you that there is no shortage of work in NT...unemployment rate in NT is the best in the country by a mile.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy a funeral home.......
The murder rates in Katherine and Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory are higher than that of the United States, new NT Government figures have shown.

According to new crime statistics, there have been seven homicides in the Northern Territory towns of Katherine and Tennant Creek since January.

Those occurred in towns where the combined population is just 13,000 people, meaning the rate of murders, manslaughters, and attempted murders is about 50 times higher than the national average.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most of the 100% indig aboriginals still live out on the land, not even realising theres a thing called TV. Saw them when I visited Alice about 20 years ago.

Hmmm well you have the "normal" stuff, like Movie World / Dream World / etc which everyone loves, and coming into summer the water parks will be open too.

About 30 minutes from Surfers is Advancetown and Hinze Dam (interesting place to stop for a peek). If the kids don't mind walking, you've GOT to check out both Natural Bridge and Purling Brook Falls (at Springbrook National Park). Purling Brook Falls is about a km walk, but can be steep (all steps), down into an amazing waterfall.. a sight to behold and pictures don't do it justice.

Canyon Lookout up at Springbrook is STUNNING as well, and The Best of All Lookout just over the border shows you both sides of the mountains that act as border between NSW and Qld.

Casuarina is a nice place to check out and relax not far from Surfers as well. Beach is a bit iffy for swimming though (sharks and currents).

Surfers itself don't bother with... overrated and pretty much "Asians and Bogans on an average beach, with added sleaze".. not much going for it... and the noise is non stop normally.

If you head more north Twin Waters is nice, but thats like 2 hrs from Surfers.

Have you considered going more north and cutting across via Longreach, etc?
Have you been up around that area before? There might be other ways to do a good trip if you aren't bothered with Surfers and the fun parks (E.G up via Coffs, across Waterfall way, then up north inland near Springbrook)..
Longreach is the way I have planned to go, going to try and fit in as much as we can in the short time we have as i need to be there ready to go 3rd December and deployment date isn't far of, so I would like to do as much with the wife and kids before it turns to shit again. They love the theme parks so that is a definite stop.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Or alternatively on the way to NT he could take the kids to Dubbo Zoo.. get them familiar with the lifestyle in a single day trip??
Been to Dubbo zoo many times, so then the kids have been prepared

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Longreach is the way I have planned to go, going to try and fit in as much as we can in the short time we have as i need to be there ready to go 3rd December and deployment date isn't far of, so I would like to do as much with the wife and kids before it turns to shit again. They love the theme parks so that is a definite stop.
Fark going to be hot . Longreach is already hitting high 30s now.
Qantas museum may be cool good old 707 there being 1 of the oldest airlines it be a good history lesson

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take some happy snaps when you hit Elliot nt.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.
You will probably need to stop there for fuel.
Keep the kids locked in the car and move fast lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And camooweal on qld nt border lol fuck me just look at that **** of a town in your review mirror

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do stop at daly waters though, its interesting.
daly-waters-pub-pc-a720-005_3264x2448.jpg

In the pub.thousands of i.d. from all over the world nailed to the bar bras thongs lol it's worth stopping for

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so you are talking 8 days in total. Some LONG drives required.

I'd say 6-8 hrs in a car max a day. Without STOPS.

So you'll need to be quite selective on what / where you visit as you really only have 2-3 days.

Example:
Day 1 - Syd to Grafton (7 hrs drive). Fill up with fuel at Grafton. Places to stay on highway.
Day 2 - Grafton to Springbrook / Advancetown (3hrs 30 minutes via Highway then inland and over border at Murwillumbah). That will give you time to check out Natural Bridge on the way (takes about an hour), Hinze Dam, and possibly Purling Brook Falls (it's worth seeing). You could possibly cram in The Best of All Lookout and Canyon Lookout as well (as they are a short walk from car parks). Canyon is right on the carpark. Stay overnight either in Advancetown (Cedar Lakes Resort worth a look). Fill up at Murwillumbah as nearest fuel is otherwise at Nerang.
Day 3 - Check out Sea World, and either Movie World or Dreamworld (I prefer Movie World). Staying overnight at Advancetown is only 20-30 minutes drive away from theme parks.
Day 4 - Advancetown QLD to Roma QLD (6 hours 14 mins drive). Overnight in Roma.
Day 5 - Roma QLD to Longreach QLD (7 hours 39 mins drive). Overnight in Longreach.
Day 6 - Longreach QLD to Mount Isa QLD (7 hours 3 mins drive). Overnight in Mount Isa.
Day 7 - Mount Isa QLD to Tennant Creek NT (7 hours 51 mins drive). Overnight at Tennant Creek.
Day 8 - Tennant Creek NT to Tindall NT (7 hours 40 mins drive).

You could always vary the above with 9 hrs 45 drive to Advancetown from Sydney. Day 2 entire day at Springbrook/Nat Bridge/Hinze/Purling Brook. Day 3 entire day at Sea World / Movie World (I'd go Movie World over the other 2).

Whatever theme park you do check their site for what rides are open/under maintenance for that period.

That will give you an idea anyway, but Nat Bridge/Purling/Hinze are definitely worth a look when up in that area. Advancetown is in Gold Coast hinterland and should be cheaper than staying on Gold Coast / Surfers.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

So you'll need to be quite selective on what / where you visit as you really only have 2-3 days.

Example:
Day 1 - Syd to Grafton (7 hrs drive). Fill up with fuel at Grafton. Places to stay on highway.
Day 2 - Grafton to Springbrook / Advancetown (3hrs 30 minutes via Highway then inland and over border at Murwillumbah). That will give you time to check out Natural Bridge on the way (takes about an hour), Hinze Dam, and possibly Purling Brook Falls (it's worth seeing). You could possibly cram in The Best of All Lookout and Canyon Lookout as well (as they are a short walk from car parks). Canyon is right on the carpark. Stay overnight either in Advancetown (Cedar Lakes Resort worth a look). Fill up at Murwillumbah as nearest fuel is otherwise at Nerang.
Day 3 - Check out Sea World, and either Movie World or Dreamworld (I prefer Movie World). Staying overnight at Advancetown is only 20-30 minutes drive away from theme parks.
Day 5 - Roma QLD to Longreach QLD (7 hours 39 mins drive). Overnight in Longreach.
Day 6 - Longreach QLD to Mount Isa QLD (7 hours 3 mins drive). Overnight in Mount Isa.
Day 7 - Mount Isa QLD to Tennant Creek NT (7 hours 51 mins drive). Overnight at Tennant Creek.

You could always vary the above with 9 hrs 45 drive to Advancetown from Sydney. Day 2 entire day at Springbrook/Nat Bridge/Hinze/Purling Brook. Day 3 entire day at Sea World / Movie World (I'd go Movie World over the other 2).

Whatever theme park you do check their site for what rides are open/under maintenance for that period.

That will give you an idea anyway, but Nat Bridge/Purling/Hinze are definitely worth a look when up in that area. Advancetown is in Gold Coast hinterland and should be cheaper than staying on Gold Coast / Surfers.
Tennant creek :tearsofjoy: i managed to upset a german **** there was a bit pissed and loud during the night.
He comes up and says he is very angry and im a disgrace to my nation , said ease up mate its not like i killed 6 million Jews .
Fuck he lost his shit started screaming throwing his arms in the air. I said see seig heil you ***** don't stop look at you.
His face went very red more screaming i laughed he stormed off

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Example:

Brother your a machine, we will definitely be checking out this route. Movie world is my preferred stop as well and I have planned for for long driving days, young bloke keen to get some time in on the switch,guess he will be sicknod it before we leave N.s.w.

Status
Not open for further replies.