Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You go ecstatic about rom coms and admitted you never watched goodfellas. No leb has not seen that movie except you.
The only rom com I'll happily admit I like and watch is The Wedding Singer, and that's got nothing to do with the story line, more the songs and 80s nostalgia. Any other rom com I watch is something that the wife picks.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m halfway through season 2. The mystery of what actually is happening is pretty prevalent, I’m so curious how this is tied in to make sense.
The same makers are behind the show ‘lost’. Hence the similarity.
But they can’t go the purgatory route again you wouldn’t think.
My thought is they are stuck inside victors dream.
I don't get how the people who have been there the longest i.e the majority of the town don't try everything possible to leave and I know they told the newcomer's that they have tried to leave in the first episode but you wouldn't just give up, I understand they (Netflix) want to get a few season's or more out of a tv series but if the characters were meant to be acting like how a person would deal with this situation guaranteed you would be doing everything to find out why your stuck in a town with no way out.
The writers got it wrong about one thing if there was no internet people especially teens would be complaining and whinging about no mobiles and that their bored, even adult's would have a whinge about things we use in the modern world, I understand the viewer would switch off if there was too much whinging or complaint's but c'mon too many townsfolk accept where they are stuck, also you don't even know how fast these creatures are as they only come out at night.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Air was a pretty good movie.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched The Notebook for the first time earlier today. Cried like a little girl at the end.
I agree, my wife and I went to movies with free tickets to another movie. We slipped into to see the Notebook, no bullshit by the end everyone was crying. Sweet story, doesn’t matter who sees it - if you have a heart - you will cry.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched London has Fallen a while back. I really enjoyed that, Gerard Butler is awesome in this movie. If you like action movies, this is pretty good.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get how the people who have been there the longest i.e the majority of the town don't try everything possible to leave and I know they told the newcomer's that they have tried to leave in the first episode but you wouldn't just give up, I understand they (Netflix) want to get a few season's or more out of a tv series but if the characters were meant to be acting like how a person would deal with this situation guaranteed you would be doing everything to find out why your stuck in a town with no way out.
The writers got it wrong about one thing if there was no internet people especially teens would be complaining and whinging about no mobiles and that their bored, even adult's would have a whinge about things we use in the modern world, I understand the viewer would switch off if there was too much whinging or complaint's but c'mon too many townsfolk accept where they are stuck, also you don't even know how fast these creatures are as they only come out at night.
They do seem to keep trying. End of season 1 plot point and in season 2 they are exploring a route of they are being watched in an experiment.
I think some of the old timers are pretty beat down and accept their fate. Although I would have assumed we would see more in depression mode.

the monsters not being fast is talked about in the middle of season 1. One of the characters muses how weird it is the monsters never run or chase at all. They wait for genuine mistakes, people on a platter (like the first box episode) or like the art of conning them into letting them in like the girl who said she was lonely and didn’t want to be there. Which strangely appeared genuine, and makes us wonder if the monsters themselves are cursed or acting under duress in some way.

interestingly I learnt yesterday that it is StephenKings favourite show. Which isn’t a surprise as like I mentioned it has Stephen King fingerprints all over the style of story.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, my wife and I went to movies with free tickets to another movie. We slipped into to see the Notebook, no bullshit by the end everyone was crying. Sweet story, doesn’t matter who sees it - if you have a heart - you will cry.
What am I then? I found the end amusing

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
French cinema has cracking action films

I always opt for french over Hollywood garbage

Burnout
The stronghold
Rogue city
The wolf's call
Athena

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are on high rotation at El Hefe's joint

The Departed (hollywood remake)
Escape to Victory
Braveheart
Draft Day
The French Connection
Goodfellas
Shawshank Redemption
Bullitt (Steve McQueen)
Banlieu 13 (French)
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels
And my all time favourite

Ronin

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
French cinema has cracking action films

I always opt for french over Hollywood garbage

Burnout
The stronghold
Rogue city
The wolf's call
Athena
AKA was excellent.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That’s a good question I’m sure it’s been asked but favourite movies we should list our ten that we really like.
INPO:

Gladiator
Heat
Bad Boys
Braveheart
The Matrix
The Karate Kid
The Godfather
V for Vendetta

Shawshank Redemption
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

I didn't include comedy movies as I class them in a seperate category.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Mother featuring J-Lo was a letdown. 4/10.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Wick 4, wow talk about a disappointment, felt like a straight to DVD low budget movie

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warning watch at your discretion this is heartbreaking.

The Fire That Took Her, the story of Judy Malinowski RIP who was set on fire by a massive piece of shit and evil **** of a man after being doused with gasoline.
Brave woman who lived for nearly 2 years and whose testimony helped to ensure this mike hunt never sees the outside world again.

At one point they read his criminal record too and it was fn long it took forever, this C was a true dog with lots of DV form, why hadn't he already been put away I'll never know.
Scum pig dog mother fucker!!!
I'm down for vigilantes capping these inhuman oxygen thief's :(
Bawled my fn eyes out for her I'm not ashamed to say.

Big rant sorry, i was 50/50 on whether to watch it but actually glad I did, what a brave soul you were Judy Malinowski fmd life is so cruel....

It is on Paramount.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
John Wick 4, wow talk about a disappointment, felt like a straight to DVD low budget movie
Yep, thought the same. The Kevlar suits were a joke, no impact on it or the wearer, a 45cal would throw you around irrespective of what is in front of it when it hits you.