Movie Discussion

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched "Clean" on Stan, watched it right to the end must have been ok

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a big fan of horror always found it pretty lame and not scary BUT watched Antlers on Disney(I think)mainly because Keri Russell is in it.
It actually wasn't too bad had a couple of proper scary moments and the "critter"(they call it a Windigo)in it is next level fucked up :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree lol
I've found a couple..Binge previously as well where they seem alright and all of a sudden your searching hard to find something decent.
I always make a case for SBS(if ppl like foreign/world stuff)it has plenty of decent series and movies from every country.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've found a couple..Binge previously as well where they seem alright and all of a sudden your searching hard to find something decent.
I always make a case for SBS(if ppl like foreign/world stuff)it has plenty of decent series and movies from every country.
All the subscription services have had that "Good for a few weeks until you've watched their drawcards" feeling for me. I've gotten into the habit of subscribing to a channel after a series I want to watch has completed so I can binge it.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Watched The Notebook for the first time earlier today. Cried like a little girl at the end.
The Notebook is an all time classic.

It's been one of my favourites for years.

Yes - really sad at the end.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love some of the SBS world wa films from smaller countries like Poland / Sweden / Romania etc . Completely different battles and perspective than we learned at school.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love some of the SBS world wa films from smaller countries like Poland / Sweden / Romania etc . Completely different battles and perspective than we learned at school.
Yeh agree, throw in Norway, Iceland, Finland too, I really like the "nordic" stuff they do good work.
The Danes also have some good actors and seem to know how to make a good film or series.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How so? I haven't listed my favorite top 10. For all you know they could be the same.
You go ecstatic about rom coms and admitted you never watched goodfellas. No leb has not seen that movie except you.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could easily name 50+ like many ppl I guess.
Couple of foreign ones rate a mention for me,

*Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
*Black Book
The Last Samurai
Heat
Training Day
Rambo First Blood
Terminator the original.
The Departed
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
The Beach - it gets an honourable mention as a movie I love because of numerous trips to Thailand and I like to believe there is truth to that concept somehow :hearteyes:

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started watching FROM got bored with all the talking and feelings crap, not enough of the creature's!!
I’m halfway through season 2. The mystery of what actually is happening is pretty prevalent, I’m so curious how this is tied in to make sense.
The same makers are behind the show ‘lost’. Hence the similarity.
But they can’t go the purgatory route again you wouldn’t think.
My thought is they are stuck inside victors dream.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
26c78ab70e8ffa3ab0ff37ce58b2cd3b.jpg

John wick has to deal with an ever increasing bounty on his head while trying to permanently break free from the high table.

The choreography was outstanding with a beautiful ballet of violence and carnage throughout the runtime, the action scenes for the most part were breathtaking as expected, especially the overhead sequence but take all of that out and we're left with a husk of a film. Keanu has never been a strong actor but was basically born for the role of John wick but his delivery of every line is comically awful and he really looked like he didn't want to be there at all. The rest of the cast did pretty well considering what they had to work with but essentially I see this as nothing but a cash grab from all involved, and being a fan of the franchise and in my opinion the makers produced three pretty good movies leading up to this point so I'll give them somewhat of a pass here.

3/5