Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
10 favourite movies..that’s a tough one..apart from the sealed top three..here are my best..
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. LOTR (I’m cheating classifying it one movie)
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
5. The Empire Strikes Back
6. Star Wars
7. The Dark Knight
8. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
9. Blazing Saddles
10. Aliens

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Won’t take a chance on anything new MD.. The ironic thing is the movies they are making remakes or sequels of..like Star Wars, Indy.. Studios took a punt on these movies with young directors, screenwriters, producers back in the 70s and 80s..and looked what happened!
Interesting article about star wars a new hope and how Lucas was sure it would fail, only Spielberg had faith it would be the biggest movie of all time

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched Fast X last night, first time I’ve seen a movie in the series on the opening day. I didn’t want any spoilers coming my way. It is the FUCKEN FUCKING BEST MOVIE OF THE SERIES YET.

But wait… there’s more…

This movie ends with a cliff hanger, so YES, there will be a second part to this movie.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This movie ends with a cliff hanger, so YES, there will be a second part to this movie.
There is two more parts to the end according to my nephew.

I wanted to watch the series from the start but then I heard a car goes to space.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There is two more parts to the end according to my nephew.

I wanted to watch the series from the start but then I heard a car goes to space.
Yes, there really are 2 parts to the end, but 1 more movie to end the franchise. There are 2 more spinoffs though, Hobbs & Shaw 2, and a female-centred spinoff movie.

Yes there is a scene in space lol, but we all know this film has moments of unrealistic action boarding on stupidity, but it’s just mindless action.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, no they can't. It seems like every time you turn round they are doing a remake, reboot, reimagining and they all absolutely suck compared to the OG versions. Hollywood is a joke these days. And yeah, I loved the original White Men Can’t Jump.
I saw it on the ‘coming soon’ titles on Disney plus yesterday and thought what a weird movie to reboot. Dunno who the lead actors are except the white dude, who I think is a rapper? Jack Harlow is his name.

I gather they think the kids would like the movie made with contemporary stars, but the original will always be a classic. It’s another one of those movies that if I see it on tv, I can watch no matter what point it’s at, I’ve seen it so many times.

Snipes and Harrelson were also good in Money Train. Another classic 90s buddy movie lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting article about star wars a new hope and how Lucas was sure it would fail, only Spielberg had faith it would be the biggest movie of all time
Another smart move was Lucas got the rights to the toys.. At the time toy lines for movies was not such a big deal.. Well history showed us that changed and he made a fortune!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there really are 2 parts to the end, but 1 more movie to end the franchise. There are 2 more spinoffs though, Hobbs & Shaw 2, and a female-centred spinoff movie.

Yes there is a scene in space lol, but we all know this film has moments of unrealistic action boarding on stupidity, but it’s just mindless action.
Good on them for milking the cow, why not.

Maybe one day I will give them a watch.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sure how I feel about the White Men Can’t Jump remake. The og is one of my favourite movies and Woody Harrelson my favourite actor. The preview looked average and they have copied a lot of scenes which annoyed me a bit for some reason
yeah, this is when you know you are getting old when they start releasing remakes of you favourite movies for new audiences.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
My top 10 in no order...

Scarface
Spaceballs
The Thing
Day of the dead
Snatch
Apocalypse Now
Goodfellas
Clerks
Blues brothers
Schindlers list

Worth mentioning...
Meet the feebles
Chopper
Terminator 1 and 2
Predator
Rocky 1-4
Superman 1-4
Star wars (originals)
Fear and loathing in las vegas
This is spinal tap
Evil dead
Dead snow

Could go on and on lol...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got over the fast and furious franchise after the second movie. I have watched other ones in the series, I just think they're incredibly repetitive now.

Any f&f plot summary.
We're just here trying to enjoy ourselves. Not bothering anyone.
Oh no. Here's trouble we can solve by driving fast and sticking together.
Shit we didn't drive fast enough not work together well enough. We're beaten.
*Building better cars montage*
Now we're equipped with better cars. It's time for the speech to inspire "We're family we can do this"
*Use cars to kick the big bags ass. Dom be very angry having to restrain himself, end with cheesy one liner and an idyllic race scene displaying family again.

Finish with a prelude to another movie they're phoning in.

I did leave out a lot of explosions, car stunts, cliff hangers where you wonder how they've survived that. But that's pretty much how I see every F&F movie these days.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reviews of the new Indie movie are out. Sorry @Mr 95%

It sounds like the one saving grace of the movie is that it's better than Crystal Skull. But not by much.

IGN gave it 4/10

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reviews of the new Indie movie are out. Sorry @Mr 95%

It sounds like the one saving grace of the movie is that it's better than Crystal Skull. But not by much.

IGN gave it 4/10
Yeah I’ve read all the headlines…and the final wrap..I kept away from any spoilers in the middle..including my go to IGN reviews. Yeah it doesn’t look good Hacky.. The little minute of chase in the last week they released got me really worried..too much cheesy dialogue. In the original three they had banter during action but it’d be minimal..this just overloads with forced cringe worthy stuff.. Plus the glowy digital film just makes everything fake, faker..
They should have just let him ride off into the sunset in Last Crusade…

I guess in the end it’s what appeals to the individual..but I ain’t holding much hope, maybe a fools hope..

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are on high rotation at El Hefe's joint

The Departed (hollywood remake)
Escape to Victory
Braveheart
Draft Day
The French Connection
Goodfellas
Shawshank Redemption
Bullitt (Steve McQueen)
Banlieu 13 (French)
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if I gave my two cents on this. But a week ago I watched the latest Guardians of the Galaxy. I enjoyed the humour in the previous two and went to see the third with high expectations that it'd be funny as hell.

It has it's moments, but overall I was a bit disappointed. That's not saying I hated the movie, just that my expectations were high and I'd hoped for more laughs. It was quite heavily chasing the emotional moments for numerous main characters. Most of the laughs came from the supporting cast

8/10

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couple of oldies I recommend,

Rewatched Argo last nite Ben Affleck stars and directed it, bloody good movie..based on the true story of how the CIA got 6 citizens out of Iran in the middle of a major crisis over 40 years ago.

AND i watched The Drop, James Gandolfini's last film role(miss you legend)it also has Tom Hardy in it and Noomi Rapace too.
Bloody good little movie too I thought, both flicks are on Disney+

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys if anyone gets a chance check out a movie called ‘Fall’.. I don’t wanna say anything that could spoil it, and it’s definitely best watched without knowing anything .. All I’ll say is the title suggest a suspenseful movie..and it certainly lives up to it..

I think its on Prime Video..

Last edited:

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My top 10 in no order...

Scarface
Spaceballs
The Thing
Day of the dead
Snatch
Apocalypse Now
Goodfellas
Clerks
Blues brothers
Schindlers list

Worth mentioning...
Meet the feebles
Chopper
Terminator 1 and 2
Predator
Rocky 1-4
Superman 1-4
Star wars (originals)
Fear and loathing in las vegas
This is spinal tap
Evil dead
Dead snow

Could go on and on lol...
Pretty good taste here I must say. Better than @Wahesh

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of oldies I recommend,

Rewatched Argo last nite Ben Affleck stars and directed it, bloody good movie..based on the true story of how the CIA got 6 citizens out of Iran in the middle of a major crisis over 40 years ago.

AND i watched The Drop, James Gandolfini's last film role(miss you legend)it also has Tom Hardy in it and Noomi Rapace too.
Bloody good little movie too I thought, both flicks are on Disney+
Those are oldies?
2018?
Weren’t you the one criticising me about not knowing players in the 1970s?