Movie Discussion

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All Quiet on the Western Front came out on Netflix today. Have already watched it, will watch it again. It has been a long time since I read the book so I'm sketchy on the details, but the movie is very faithful to the themes and message of the original book. This is the book that was banned and burned by Hitler and Co when they got into power, because it tells the truth about war. It paints a picture of the glorification of war that inevitably goes on, contrasted with the cold hard dirty bloody reality of war.

Absolutely brilliant watch, and with what Putin and Co are perpetrating in Ukraine at the moment, a timely reminder of what exactly political leaders who have an oversized ego and want to play wargames sentence hundreds of thousands of people to.
I got around to watching this after you posted about it.
Ive never read the book.
Cinematography was brilliant.
No Hollywood wank. Brutal and horrific.
Definately worth watching.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
See. Everyone eventually will care when their beloved franchises are destroyed utterly by woke ideologies. Even though they’ll deny it’s about wokeness when it clearly is lol.
Is it really woke in this case?

The original Hellraiser was based on the book. The one in the book that came to be known as Pinhead (didn't have a name in the book) was described as androgenous with a feminine voice.

Exact words are:

"Its voice, unlike that of its companion, was light and breathy-the voice of an excited girl. Every inch of its head had been tattooed with an intricate grid, and at every intersection of horizontal and vertical axes a jeweled pin driven through to the bone. Its tongue was similarly decorated"

If anything, the original Hellraiser changed it from a probable woman to a man.

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly recommend the movie 'SMILE' that's If you like horrors, considering a lot of horrors are shit nowadays this is a 9 out of 10 if I had to rate it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Black Crab..Netflix, Noomi Rapace stars(Girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy, I loved these films)a little pocket rocket this chick, foreign so mainly subtitled but a very good film I've watched it twice now.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just started a movie called The Curse of the Weeping Woman on Foxtel.. looks standard horror fare..but that’s beside the point.. the gorgeous Linda Cardellini stars in it.. @CaptainJackson and @Wahesh are you with me?!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Recently saw The Woman King and it's a fantastic film. A great heartfelt story with a genuine acting performance that you can connect with. Also, some really cool fighting scenes without the fake Hollywood bullshit.

I haven't been impressed with cinema releases for a while now but I highly recommend this.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Recently saw The Woman King and it's a fantastic film. A great heartfelt story with a genuine acting performance that you can connect with. Also, some really cool fighting scenes without the fake Hollywood bullshit.

I haven't been impressed with recent cinema releases for a while now but I highly recommend this.
Pussy..