Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i did like the mandalorian, no complaints there.
omg you haven't seen trainspotting?? do yourself a favour and watch it, it's brilliant.
Just watched Trainspotting..thought it was really good. Ewen McGregor was superb..reminded me very much of Obi..lol..nah he was outstanding though.. Actually all the acting was top notch.. Without giving any of the storyline away to people who haven’t seen it..that one particular death was was really upsetting but not a surprise.. Thanks for recommending it..excellent stuff!

ps..special mention Ewen Bremner as Spud..brilliant!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
News Of The World - Tom Hanks if you like this actor it's a good flick.

Also Adam Sandler's latest or near to it Hustle..not into basketball myself but the storyline is good.
He is underrated as a serious actor but it still has take the piss/funny moments, overall pretty good I thought.
Both are on Netflix.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible movie. I guessed the ending in the first 20 minutes when it came out and it made the rest of the movie boring for me.
depends... I guessed the twist in "Fight Club" pretty quickly but I still loved the movie

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
depends... I guessed the twist in "Fight Club" pretty quickly but I still loved the movie
Fight Club is even worse. Can't stand it.
Ha I watched this movie again yesterday..how Freaky(zilla)!
ps..I enjoyed it..I never guessed it like you Alc..However, the Sixth Sense I guessed before i seen it..well my mate told me the first scene and I guessed it.. I actually thought the Others with Nicole Kidman was better…but another friend gave that away in a sort of around about way before I watched it!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
ps..I enjoyed it..I never guessed it like you Alc..However, the Sixth Sense I guessed before i seen it..well my mate told me the first scene and I guessed it.. I actually thought the Others with Nicole Kidman was better…but another friend gave that away in a sort of around about way before I watched it!
The Others was better for sure.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Try reading the book. It's written exactly how they speak. Confusing as fuck
I've tried reading a couple of books by Irvine Welsh and its fine when he's using proper English, but then when he switches to Scottish or whatever it is, i find myself re-reading pages and then giving up. I found that a bit reading A Clockwork Orange too, but a lot of that was completely made up slang talk - how we were supposed to be talking in the 1990s when the book is set.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching Obi Wan Kenobi?

Highly recommended.. Ewen McGregor plays an Obi in hiding on the planet of Tatooine, watching over a young Luke Skywalker, ten years after the events of the Revenge of the Sith. He is still traumatised and haunted by his failure with his apprentice Anakin Skywalker, and their final battle on Mustafar still plagues his dreams.

I have watched the first three episodes and they are really good. McGregor is just great playing an Obi who is far from the confident brash Jedi we knew from the prequels..his acting is top notch..

Despite a few little plot holes..that is fitting into the whole narrative of the Star Was saga..the story so far has been compelling and an emotional roller coaster ride..

If you enjoy Star Wars, even if you don’t, get on board..it is excellent viewing.
Latest episode is good. There has been many complaints about the series. Sadly the biggist complaint seems to be that people don't like the black sith woman. The actress is receiving death threats and has people calling her a diversity hire.

Honestly she's probably my favourite bad guy since Admiral Thrawn. Excellent character. And this episode adds so much to her back story and motivations.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So apparently the sequel to joker is going to be a musical. Wtf is happening with this world lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Latest episode is good. There has been many complaints about the series. Sadly the biggist complaint seems to be that people don't like the black sith woman. The actress is receiving death threats and has people calling her a diversity hire.

Honestly she's probably my favourite bad guy since Admiral Thrawn. Excellent character. And this episode adds so much to her back story and motivations.
Really???? I got no problem with her..she, as you say, is an excellent character.. I’m looking forward watching episodes 4, 5, and 6..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So apparently the sequel to joker is going to be a musical. Wtf is happening with this world lol.
Yeah I heard this too..surely it’s not true.. If it is how dumb is that? Just bloody ridiculous..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watched Tenet yesterday for the first time. Really enjoyed it.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem with Disney Star Wars is the lack of originality, the lack of overall storytelling and the juxtaposition of Disney focusing on original Star Wars material (sequel trilogy to the original Saga, Rogue One, Solo, Boba Fett etc.) while subverting (ie. sh*tting on) said material

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a scene early in Fight Club where the image of Tyler Durden flickers and disappears... made me think when he appears later on the plane that it was all in Edward Norton's mind

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really???? I got no problem with her..she, as you say, is an excellent character.. I’m looking forward watching episodes 4, 5, and 6..
I have mixed feelings about the series so far. She's a decent character, but a bit of a contradiction on herself.

I've also had moments where I find the supposed levels of intelligence comparison between Leia and Obi Wan off putting (think of Obi slipping up in his forgetting to name Leia the alias when hitching a ride).

I am enjoying the series, but it does have some holes in the logic.