Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Daniel Craig Bond movies. but this one was great, enjoyed watching it, found it a bit disappointing that they killed off Bond though and left it open for other characters to play Bond.
Exactly like me.. Um you gave a spoiler!!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A fan film of Uncharted made with Nathan Fillion..a dead ringer for the main character in the game Nathan Drake. It’s here below and pretty good. It certainly captures the spirit of the game.. Shame he never got to play him in the movies. I guess they went for a younger Holland to start a ‘franchise’..shit I hate that term..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The third trailer for the upcoming movie The Batman staring Robert Patterson as the titular character.. @Realist90 your thoughts?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dune anyone?

I loved it. But obviously lots missing from the book.
Saw it few weeks ago. Very good and visually spectacular. Follows the book pretty well.

I liked that it didn't try to fit the whole saga of the first book into one movie. It's going to be like Lord of the Rings, and tell the tale over a series of movies. I think the next chapter comes out in 2023.

The soundtrack is definitely one to test the dynamics of your sound system.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Dune but watched the movie and maybe it's because I knew nothing about it's history/context but I found Dune so boring to watch and it just dragged on for me personally. It felt like a really bad Star Wars copy cat.
Read the book, then go and see it again. It only deals with the first part of the story. The Dune story predates Star Wars.

It's actually more in the theme of Lawrence of Arabia.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The third trailer for the upcoming movie The Batman staring Robert Patterson as the titular character.. @Realist90 your thoughts?

Of course they put a black woman in there womansplaining to a rich white man that she can’t see him giving money. Other than that, I feel like the previous trailer was way more hype.
What did you think?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course they put a black woman in there womansplaining to a rich white man that she can’t see him giving money. Other than that, I feel like the previous trailer was way more hype.
What did you think?
Well there is a history of Catwoman being black..Ertha Kitt in the 60s Batman tv series..so I got no prob with that. . The movie itself looks not bad.. I love the Batmobile..it reminds of 60s muscle cars..actually the one my father has..lol. Story wise I like the way they are depicting the Riddler.. Patterson seems a pretty intense Batman..so that’s a plus! I like the gritty, rain soaked Gotham. Anyway looks more good than crap.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well there is a history of Catwoman being black..Ertha Kitt in the 60s Batman tv series..so I got no prob with that. . The movie itself looks not bad.. I love the Batmobile..it reminds of 60s muscle cars..actually the one my father has..lol. Story wise I like the way they are depicting the Riddler.. Patterson seems a pretty intense Batman..so that’s a plus! I like the gritty, rain soaked Gotham. Anyway looks more good than crap.
The first Afro looking black girl is cat woman complaining he isn’t handing out enough food stamps? Lol
Anyways I think I may watch it anyway and I want to see the new Spider-Man I heard it’s barely got anything woke in it you know besides mj being black in the new movies but yeah other than that it seems it’s just a really wholesome movie that isn’t preachy and is what it is. A movie for the fans.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The first Afro looking black girl is cat woman complaining he isn’t handing out enough food stamps? Lol
Anyways I think I may watch it anyway and I want to see the new Spider-Man I heard it’s barely got anything woke in it you know besides mj being black in the new movies but yeah other than that it seems it’s just a really wholesome movie that isn’t preachy and is what it is. A movie for the fans.
What about the portrayal of Flash?? You are slipping up!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
MJ basically stands up to a bunch of super powered criminals. But other than that, not much wokeism. There is a lot of man love in the movie though. Also, it's not a great movie. But it's alright.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MJ basically stands up to a bunch of super powered criminals. But other than that, not much wokeism. There is a lot of man love in the movie though. Also, it's not a great movie. But it's alright.
Of course she does. Being black and of woman race it’s a given in every movie that they need to stand their ground and defeat planets.
Is that why you think it’s just alright? Not enough wokeism? Lol man love as in old school man
Love? Not the woke man love?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about the portrayal of Flash?? You are slipping up!
I was just talking to someone about that the other day lol. Going from a pretty intimidating figure to a sulky small changing Tatum to a little Indian lol. Anyone wants evidence of emasculating men in cinema, it’s right there. Lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course she does. Being black and of woman race it’s a given in every movie that they need to stand their ground and defeat planets.
Is that why you think it’s just alright? Not enough wokeism? Lol man love as in old school man
Love? Not the woke man love?
Yeah, old school man love.