Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a big cinema guy can’t sit still for that long but I remember a similar thing with Terminator 2 and Jurassic park
T2..I never saw at the cinema.. However, Jurassic Park effects blew me away..more than the story (I had read the book maybe that’s why..as I really enjoyed it!)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Gemini Man the other night. It's the one where Will Smith has to fight a younger version of himself.

Bit of a stereotypical storyline and not a great movie, but not a terrible movie either. Worth a watch if you're bored as the action scenes are really good and it gets a bit emotional at times, but the technology isn't quite there yet. They used the same tech they used in Star Wars. It works better in this than it does in Star Wars but it still seems very awkward and most of the time it doesn't look anything like Will Smith. Would have been better off just getting a young actor that looked similar to him.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Gemini Man the other night. It's the one where Will Smith has to fight a younger version of himself.

Bit of a stereotypical storyline and not a great movie, but not a terrible movie either. Worth a watch if you're bored as the action scenes are really good and it gets a bit emotional at times, but the technology isn't quite there yet. They used the same tech they used in Star Wars. It works better in this than it does in Star Wars but it still seems very awkward and most of the time it doesn't look anything like Will Smith. Would have been better off just getting a young actor that looked similar to him.
Does it feature Will Smith's clean rap lyrics?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even saving private ryan first time I remember hearing bullets sound like they were coming from behind you in the cinema..

Oh and the Matrix that was good on the big screen..
yeh mate, classic movies that will never die

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh and the Matrix that was good on the big screen..
Has one of the best delivered lines in cinema history

"You hear that, Mr. Anderson, that is the sound of inevitability"

One of our most underrated actors is Mr. Weaving

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Realist90 your thoughts on this..An image just released of the Joker from the upcoming Synder cut.. No doubt who he is depicting..

View attachment 21533
Ok that’s fkd on Snyder’s part tbh. I see what he’s potentially trying to portray here. But it’s fkd in my opinion. Fk me dead
Snyder being a Christian scientist should know better. Yes there is such a denomination called Christian scientist and it isn’t what you think lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok that’s fkd on Snyder’s part tbh. I see what he’s potentially trying to portray here. But it’s fkd in my opinion. Fk me dead
Snyder being a Christian scientist should know better. Yes there is such a denomination called Christian scientist and it isn’t what you think lol
I thought you would think that..and fair enough. I thought myself it wasn’t right..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I got a good one - So we don’t have to commit your favourite 5 movies ever I’ll word it like this. What’s five movies that when it’s 9:30pm on a Tuesday night and you are just about to go to bed but this movie comes on you alway bloody watch???

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I got a good one - So we don’t have to commit your favourite 5 movies ever I’ll word it like this. What’s five movies that when it’s 9:30pm on a Tuesday night and you are just about to go to bed but this movie comes on you alway bloody watch???

I’m going:
Good Will Hunting,
Pulp Fiction,
Shawshank Redemption,
Scar Face,
Forrest Gump...

Edit can I add:
Fight Club
No Country For Old Men
Grand Torino
World War Z
American History X
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Warriors...
Chopper
Zoolander
The Blues Brothers
The Castle
My big fat Greek wedding - I secretly love that movie

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
City of God
Shawshank redemption
Goodfellas
Training day

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good Will Hunting,
Pulp Fiction,
Shawshank Redemption,
Scar Face,
Forrest Gump
Agree with several of your picks but to mix it up:

The Game (probably still my fave movie)
Reservoir Dogs
Snatch
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Limitless

A Few Good Men
The Ides Of March
Crimson Tide
Collateral

...several others...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I’m going to cheat a little hear..please forgive!:D

The Indiana Jones TRILOGY..forget the last one (apart from the first 5 minutes..love Elvis belting out Hound Dog while the cars race).
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy..each one I love..so I will have a late night..especially when I prefer the extended version of Return of the King.
Shawshank Redemption. (Maybe the best movie message ever.. Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things, and good things never die. Oh and I can practice my Morgan Freeman impersonation!)
Alien/Alien 2 (sorry cheating again).
Dark Knight Trilogy (My final cheat!)

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ok I’m going to cheat a little hear..please forgive!:D

The Indiana Jones TRILOGY..forget the last one (apart from the first 5 minutes..love Elvis belting out Hound Dog while the cars race).
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy..each one I love..so I will have a late night..especially when I prefer the extended version of Return of the King.
Shawshank Redemption. (Maybe the best movie message ever.. Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things, and good things never die. Oh and I can practice my Morgan Freeman impersonation!)
Alien/Alien 2 (sorry cheating again).
Dark Knight Trilogy (My final cheat!)
All nice picks

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Scarface
Commando
Godfather II
Goodfellas
Limitless