Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reaction score

this was a pretty good watch, the critics hated it but i liked it.
always been intrigued by the brilliance of tesla, and the fakeness of edison

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are back after over 30 years.

B4028636-D890-4B6B-8E06-411BDEA41284.jpeg

The original Karate Kids make a return in the very impressive tv series Cobra Kai. More than 30 years later, through a series of events, Daniel and Johnny rivalry is rekindled, and is as intense as ever. They still have the fire of Karate in their bellies, however, they both have taken different pathways to secure their craft.

Debuting on YouTube Red in 2018, Season 1 and 2 are currently on Netflix, with a series 3 in the can. So do yourself a favour, and return to your favourite Dojo, (and the 80s) and get ready to fight for that remote control, because you won’t wanna turn it off.. BONSAI!!

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dune 2020 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(2020_film)

Having never read the book I liked the David Lynch version of Dune from 1984. It had a few religious undertones, but I generally enjoyed it.

Looking forward to this one.
There was a sequel mini-series named Children of Dune that was James McAvoy's breakout. It was about as good as Dune but didn't age well.

I read the books many years back and loved them. Just recently picked up one of the newer books that is written by Frank Herbert's son, Brian who worked on the last book with him before he died.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are back after over 30 years.

View attachment 16910

The original Karate Kids make a return in the very impressive tv series Cobra Kai. More than 30 years later, through a series of events, Daniel and Johnny rivalry is rekindled, and is as intense as ever. They still have the fire of Karate in their bellies, however, they both have taken different pathways to secure their craft.

Debuting on YouTube Red in 2018, Season 1 and 2 are currently on Netflix, with a series 3 in the can. So do yourself a favour, and return to your favourite Dojo, (and the 80s) and get ready to fight for that remote control, because you won’t wanna turn it off.. BONSAI!!
Great show. Looking forward to season 3.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the movie that 2020 deserves

Nicholas Cage..Because he's the actor the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll watch him. Because we can take it, because he's not an actor anymore. He is a maker of direct to dvd movies now. A former oscar winner, a money-maker, a protector of bunnies..a Shit Actor.

113B0ACA-15EC-412E-9649-85591CFFC97D.jpeg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nicholas Cage..Because he's the actor the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll watch him. Because we can take it, because he's not an actor anymore. He is a maker of direct to dvd movies now. A former oscar winner, a money-maker, a protector of bunnies..a Shit Actor.

View attachment 17587
Best episode of Community

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For fans of the Monster Hunter games. I could never get into the games myself. Had one of them on Nintendo 3DS and one on PS4 but would only last about 2 hours before I gave up. Just didn't click for me. Movie looks great and terrible at the same time. I'm sure Milla will save the movie like she did with Resident Evil.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
For fans of the Monster Hunter games. I could never get into the games myself. Had one of them on Nintendo 3DS and one on PS4 but would only last about 2 hours before I gave up. Just didn't click for me. Movie looks great and terrible at the same time. I'm sure Milla will save the movie like she did with Resident Evil.

Me either, I thought they were quite shite. Just like how the movie looks.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A good mate of mine, Seth Larney, just wrote, produced, and directed a film called 2067. Its been his lifes work. It currently sits at no 3 overall in the US box office, and no 1 for Scifi. Cant wait to see it in oz, and i hope you all do too!!!
Prior to this film he has worked on many blockbustwrs filmed in australia such as the matrix trilogy, superman, wolverine etc etc. This film looks like it wil be the beginnings of an already long career, but hopefully will also see it last for many years to come!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A good mate of mine, Seth Larney, just wrote, produced, and directed a film called 2067. Its been his lifes work. It currently sits at no 3 overall in the US box office, and no 1 for Scifi. Cant wait to see it in oz, and i hope you all do too!!!
Prior to this film he has worked on many blockbustwrs filmed in australia such as the matrix trilogy, superman, wolverine etc etc. This film looks like it wil be the beginnings of an already long career, but hopefully will also see it last for many years to come!
I just watched the trailer for that the other day. Looks really good. Right up my alley.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just watched the trailer for that the other day. Looks really good. Right up my alley.
I love a good sci fi too!! Looks like its been a sucess so far. My mate started out doing CGI for big films, so you would think he would do well directing this genre!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CF3986F8-8E09-446B-9142-4DBB26A3E0A6.jpeg

This is the first pic of Tom Holland as Nathan Drake. Video gamers will know Nathan Drake as the main character from the excellent Uncharted franchise. The film will also star Mark Wahlberg as Sully, Drake’s life time mentor.

For those who are unfamiliar with the character, he is basically a modern day Indiana Jones who searches for ancient artefacts. However, unlike Indy, Drake doesn’t think his discoveries belong in a museum, but rather in his pocket in the form of cash! The new movie is an origin story of the character, and set before the games adventures. Although those familiar with the game will know a younger Drake does appear in the game series.

The film is due out next year. I won’t put an exact date of release, as due to Covid-19 they keep changing. Until then, check out this excellent ‘fan film’ made film with Nathan Fillon from Fire Fly as Nathan Drake and Stephen Lang from movies like Avatar, is Sully.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is Pedowood still making movies?

Serious question.