Movie Discussion

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
31C07243-55FC-4A37-BA1F-62BC8226A305.jpeg

Just started watching this, pretty good.!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 16171
best fucking series I’ve watched in a LONG time, awesome cast, everything just works well. 10/10 Easily.
I’m up to episode 9 (the train demanded blood)

bring on season 2.!!!
View attachment 16171
best fucking series I’ve watched in a LONG time, awesome cast, everything just works well. 10/10 Easily.

bring on season 2.!!!
Is that Jennifer Connelly? She was a hottie back in the 80's/90's, just saying lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

1597618887501.png

Four teenage mutant ninja turtles emerge from the shadows to protect New York City from a gang of criminal ninjas.

They're lean, green, and on the screen! That's right, this classic from 1990 was viewed by yours truly over the weekend. I viewed this movie simply to see how it holds up after 30 years, and it holds up VERY well. The amount of smart-arse one liners from these guys is awesome. The movie really picks up around the halfway point when Casey Jones joins the team and helps them in their just cause.

Only a movie as awesome as this can make you fall in love with a giant rat. Spectacular nostalgic film.

10/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Noah

1597798170519.png

Noah is chosen by God to undertake a momentous mission before an apocalyptic flood cleanses the world.

On the religious front, the story of Noah's Ark is written in the Book of Genesis in the Bible, and it is also replicated in the Islam Quran, meaning that Muslim people also follow this teaching, however there is evidence that the event did actually take place which is an argument for another day.

Religious aspects aside, onto the film itself, it's not bad, however I find it has many aspects which are debatable. Mainly, the use of The Watchers who appears to be giant rock monsters with limbs that defend Noah from a legion of Cain's decendants from invading the Ark as the rain beings.

There was also the case of incense putting all the animals to sleep - again something I find hard to believe, along with Noah telling his son that he will kill his son's children if they turn out to be girls in order to halt human reproduction - and they turn out to be twin girls.

The cast in the movie is great, but a lot of Christians, Muslims and Jews who will watch the movie to see how it compares to their teachings in the Bible, Quran, and Tanakh will question many aspects of how this movie compares to what actually happened.

6½/10

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worlds Toughest Race- eco challenge Fiji, is definitely worth a watch!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 16171

bring on season 2.!!!

wow ok, I havent watched it yet because the movie was so shit! Might check it out.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Noah

View attachment 16459

Noah is chosen by God to undertake a momentous mission before an apocalyptic flood cleanses the world.

On the religious front, the story of Noah's Ark is written in the Book of Genesis in the Bible, and it is also replicated in the Islam Quran, meaning that Muslim people also follow this teaching, however there is evidence that the event did actually take place which is an argument for another day.

Religious aspects aside, onto the film itself, it's not bad, however I find it has many aspects which are debatable. Mainly, the use of The Watchers who appears to be giant rock monsters with limbs that defend Noah from a legion of Cain's decendants from invading the Ark as the rain beings.

There was also the case of incense putting all the animals to sleep - again something I find hard to believe, along with Noah telling his son that he will kill his son's children if they turn out to be girls in order to halt human reproduction - and they turn out to be twin girls.

The cast in the movie is great, but a lot of Christians, Muslims and Jews who will watch the movie to see how it compares to their teachings in the Bible, Quran, and Tanakh will question many aspects of how this movie compares to what actually happened.

6½/10
I’m with you brother.. It wasn’t very good.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
wow ok, I havent watched it yet because the movie was so shit! Might check it out.
The thing that made me laugh hard in the movie was the part where they all freak out about eating bugs, then they casually talk about eating human flesh.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that made me laugh hard in the movie was the part where they all freak out about eating bugs, then they casually talk about eating human flesh.
I watched the first 5 episodes last night and Im hooked!
Thanks for the recommendation!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Project Power (Netflix)

I loosely browsed the reviews and noted that many rated it as one of the worst movies of all time. But I still watched it any way.

Glad I did. Honestly really enjoyed it. It has some glaring issues but to the most point it's an enjoyable movie that doesn't drag on at any stage. It just gets on with the movie and ends up quite a fun ride. Would definitely recommend for any action fans.

Drug users are pushing a drug that gives people a super power for 5 minutes, if it doesn't kill you. Throw in a few movie tropes like government conspiracy, Mr Ex-military wanting to save his daughter and Mr Cop wanting to protect his city and you have a fun action movie.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Project Power (Netflix)

I loosely browsed the reviews and noted that many rated it as one of the worst movies of all time. But I still watched it any way.

Glad I did. Honestly really enjoyed it. It has some glaring issues but to the most point it's an enjoyable movie that doesn't drag on at any stage. It just gets on with the movie and ends up quite a fun ride. Would definitely recommend for any action fans.

Drug users are pushing a drug that gives people a super power for 5 minutes, if it doesn't kill you. Throw in a few movie tropes like government conspiracy, Mr Ex-military wanting to save his daughter and Mr Cop wanting to protect his city and you have a fun action movie.

8/10
I tried to watch this last Sunday night. I made it about halfway through but just couldn't get into it. The part where the girl was in the truck and there was a shootout confused the hell out of me. I was lost from that point on. I think the part where she rapped in front of the teacher in school was good until it was revealed she was dreaming it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Project Power (Netflix)

8/10
I fell asleep..:dizzy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A new Suicide Squad is being made with James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy Director) running the show. Pretty huge cast. Could be good.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A new Suicide Squad is being made with James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy Director) running the show. Pretty huge cast. Could be good.

Looks interesting. Don’t like the trailer though.