Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You could write a list of movies where they've jumped the shark that would make a phone book feel inadequate. Among them would be
- The fast and furious
- The Terminator series
- The Saw franchise
- The Bourne series
- Pirates of the Carribbean

I hope that the next Indiana Jones movie cuts the mustard. But kingdom of the lost skull was pretty ordinary in comparison to the prequels.
I shake my head at my beloved Indy.. Actually write my own script.. @ASSASSIN read most of..shit load better than Crystal Skull..oh the shame.. Ps..you named some brilliant examples..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's all going the online streaming series now. They have recently confirmed that there will be an Obi-Wan TV series starting Ewan McGregor on Disney +
The Mandalorian looks ok. But I wonder how long it will retain quality for. I don't know if people will keep watching without some form of elevating storyline. And so far it doesn't seem to be more than random stories. Weeks 1-3 promised something to do with baby Yoda and the group of fellow Mandalorians. The previous two weeks seemed largely unrelated.

I respect Ewan McGregor as an actor, but I wonder if he's doing himself any favours by jumping into a tv series like this.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I shake my head at my beloved Indy.. Actually write my own script.. @ASSASSIN read most of..shit load better than Crystal Skull..oh the shame.. Ps..you named some brilliant examples..
I should have included the Rambo and Rocky series too.

Maybe you could copyright your script and then send it to the group that are busily writing the fifth installment.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I should have included the Rambo and Rocky series too.

Maybe you could copyright your script and then send it to the group that are busily writing the fifth installment.
I tried but they all ignored me..I’m not surprised! Ps..I did love Rocky IV.. even though it went too far!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. The phenomenon known as jumping the shark. It happens way too often with tv and movies these days. As long as they're still making money they'll keep pushing them.
You Mean like Batman (excluding Heath Ledger in the Joker), haven't seen the latest Joker so not included.

The first and on par with The Joker in my eyes as the best.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched 6 underground today.
Loved it.
It’s getting slammed by the media. I suppose every movie has to be a socially aware, foreign language film that’s won at Cannes nowadays ?
These ***** would’ve panned die hard.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Loved it.
It’s getting slammed by the media. I suppose every movie has to be a socially aware, foreign language film that’s won at Cannes nowadays ?
Preview doesn't grab me TBH. Seems pretty Michael Bay fare - blow a heap of shit up. He's kind of like, say, Tarantino in that you'll generally like his style or you won't.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Preview doesn't grab me TBH. Seems pretty Michael Bay fare - blow a heap of shit up. He's kind of like, say, Tarantino in that you'll generally like his style or you won't.
Sometimes you just need a break from reality.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved it.
Just watching now and so far the best 20 minute car chase I’ve seen.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You Mean like Batman (excluding Heath Ledger in the Joker), haven't seen the latest Joker so not included.

The first and on par with The Joker in my eyes as the best.

Actually the idea of ‘Jumping the Shark’ comes from a Happy Days episode when..wait for it..the Fonz jumps a shark on skis.. It means a series is devoid of any new ‘good’ ideas that it resorts to ludicrous situations..as such its downhill from there.. It’s evolved now Into ‘Nuke the Fridge’..the moment Indiana Jones hit rock bottom In the series with the Crystal Skull..when he survived a nuclear explosion in a lead lined fridge..sheesh!

Last edited:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the idea of ‘Jumping the Shark’ comes from a Happy Days episode when..wait for it..the Fonz jumps a shark on skis.. It means a series is devoid of any new ‘good’ ideas that it resorts to ludicrous situations..as such its downhill from there.. It’s evolved now Into ‘Nuke the Fridge’..the moment Indiana Jones hit rock bottom In the series with the Crystal Skull..when he survived a nuclear explosion in a lead lined fridge..sheesh!
But Fonz could just click his fingers and pick up chicks so simply jumping a shark on skis is nothing.

Loved the first 3 Indian Jones films, I agree the 4th was shit.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit like this.