Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Baby Driver? That's been on my list for a while now.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Baby Driver? That's been on my list for a while now.

Fantastic flick, Edgar Wright is a great director. And he might be a perv but I don't give two shits what anyone says about him, Kevin spacey is the man 8-)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Finally saw a quiet place.

Wasn't bad, great acting and cinematography but thought a lot of things didn't make much sense and the plot execution was pretty average

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Baby Driver

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A pretty good movie I must admit. It has a combination of good action and music as well as being a thriller. Jamie Foxx plays the villain in this film even though he's on the same team as "Baby" - the actual name of the driver. Baby possess great driving skills and always does so while listening to music on his iPod which he uses to cancel out the ringing in his ears he picked up when he was involved in an accident as a young child. He has one last job to pull before being "even" (you'll see what he's in debt for when you watch this), and after that job, he wants out and to move on with his life. However he learns that getting out is lot harder than getting in!

Unique and excellent movie.

8/10.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Going to see Brothers Nest tonight... was going to see Incredibles 2 but it got absolutely shitcanned (is apparently very PC in regards to Elasticgirl being every bit as good as Mr Incredible).

Can't see Jurassic Park Kingdom, Sicario 2 or Ant Man and Wasp, as all are sequels and I haven't seen the first ones.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going to see Brothers Nest tonight... was going to see Incredibles 2 but it got absolutely shitcanned (is apparently very PC in regards to Elasticgirl being every bit as good as Mr Incredible).

Can't see Jurassic Park Kingdom, Sicario 2 or Ant Man and Wasp, as all are sequels and I haven't seen the first ones.
I may be wrong considering I haven't seen it but I don't think sicario 2 connects to the events of the first one. Works as a stand alone film or sequel

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I may be wrong considering I haven't seen it but I don't think sicario 2 connects to the events of the first one. Works as a stand alone film or sequel
I don't think it does but it has Benicio Del Toro and Brolin so it would likely reference some of the history from the first movie.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well... happy with the choice I made. Brothers Nest was absolutely brilliant.

STORYLINE: The story centres around two brothers who are planning to murder their step father to prevent him taking the family house and farm when the mother dies (who only has 3 months left).
STARRING: Clayton Jacobson (Director as well), Shane Jacobson (Producer as well), Kym Gyngell, Sarah Snook
GENRE: Thriller/Drama/Dark Comedy

CONS:
Some very minor plot holes (but as a dark comedy it can get away with them). Injuries looked pretty unrealistic.
PROS: Cinematography was very well executed I thought with some lovely use of depth of field and bokeh in parts, and that added to the storyline.

TIME:
Clocks in around 1hr 30 (90 minutes).
NOTES: Small cast, small set. Filmed in Victoria.

RATING: I'd give it a solid 8.5/10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Super troopers 2

9/10

Almost as good as the first, which is very rare for a comedy sequel (especially one made 17 years after the original)

It's as though they never left :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Super troopers 2

9/10

Almost as good as the first, which is very rare for a comedy sequel (especially one made 17 years after the original)

It's as though they never left :tearsofjoy:
I started watching it last night. Had to get to bed in about 10 minutes so I thought I'd watch the start. Next thing I knew I was halfway through the movie. Pretty bloody funny.

"How do you convert Miles to Kilometres"

"Easy, you just multiply by 2, add 32, and join the rest of the human race"

The movie got some really terrible reviews but I'm guessing that's 'cause it makes the Americans look like backward idiots. Americans wouldn't find it funny but everyone else would.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I started watching it last night. Had to get to bed in about 10 minutes so I thought I'd watch the start. Next thing I knew I was halfway through the movie. Pretty bloody funny.

"How do you convert Miles to Kilometres"

"Easy, you just multiply by 2, add 32, and join the rest of the human race"

The movie got some really terrible reviews but I'm guessing that's 'cause it makes the Americans look like backward idiots. Americans wouldn't find it funny but everyone else would.
You're not wrong there, just did a quick Google Search and wow, the reviews are harsh. Fucked if I care though, I thought it was great.

Hagan: "are you swallowing m&ms whole, why don't you chew them first
Farva: "the green one's make me horny, they all end up in the same place anyways" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well thanks to “white males” oceans 8 flopped. Disgusting show of nazism by the white male league of intolerant critique.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well thanks to “white males” oceans 8 flopped. Disgusting show of nazism by the white male league of intolerant critique.
I saw the shorts the other week for it... it looked fucking shit.

Regardless of who was in it, it was going to flop.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nope firstly your post is a toxic masculine one and secondly it’s facts that it was due to white male critics wrecking the movie. Not because the movie was shit and the forced all female cast being shit. Get the facts before you spout out some rape culture bullshit. Or I’ll report you next time