Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. Even better the second time.

That fight scene with the country and Western version of Word Up is still amazing
Agree. When I first watched it in the cinema, I thought Word Up was the original 80s version when it started playing lol. I also like how Eggsy and Harry were working together to take him down.

One thing that always gets me about the Kingsman movies though... what's with the holographic attendees of those meetings who they see through the glasses?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A quiet place. Too boring.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A quiet place. Too boring.
I really enjoyed it but I think the best part about it was that I was sitting in a cinema of about 50 people who were all trying to avoid making a single sound. So when it got really intense, I'd cough to annoy everyone.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched the Wolf of Wall Street on Saturday. Or... tried too. I fell asleep 30 mins in. That damn restaurant scene that was unnecessarily SO DAMN LONG at the beginning of the movie was the anesthesia.

Last night however, I watched, for the first time since seeing it in the cinemas, Kingsman: The Golden Circle. As good as we remember it, right @Hacky McAxe?
The movie does the 2 books no justice. I had read both his books and loved it, goes into so much detail and the story was brilliant and well written.

And as per usual, watched the movie and was so disappointed.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The movie does the 2 books no justice. I had read both his books and loved it, goes into so much detail and the story was brilliant and well written.

And as per usual, watched the movie and was so disappointed.
Apparently it was very good... I fell asleep though, so no sale from me!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I think after seeing this pic today, it is time to watch idiocracy again, haven't seen it for years :laughing:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Strangers: Prey at night. For a horror flick it's absolutely rubbish, viewed as a comedy it's quite funny though

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Get Out and Baby Driver. Both great movies.

Wahesh

Reaction score
2 Fast 2 Furious. Always good for a laugh. Roman Pearce :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched a few movies of late:

Spider Man Homecoming which i thought was a refreshing take on Spider man.

What Happen To Monday which i found to be an interesting concept of a movie.

Atomic Blonde pretty much a female John Wick movie which i didn't mind at all.

Annabelle Creation pretty much like most horror movies just full of jump scares with a few somewhat freaky bits i guess (i'm immune to horror movies)

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is a movie made back in 2007 that only released in 2017. It's about a serial killer that films his victims. It's disturbing in the fact that it's not overly gorey but more of how mind fucking it actually is.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Annabelle Creation pretty much like most horror movies just full of jump scares with a few somewhat freaky bits i guess (i'm immune to horror movies)

The Poughkeepsie Tapes is a movie made back in 2007 that only released in 2017. It's about a serial killer that films his victims. It's disturbing in the fact that it's not overly gorey but more of how mind fucking it actually is.
Atomic Blonde was a mixed bag. I didn't really enjoy the story but the music and the action was brilliant. Some of the best fight scenes I've seen.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Atomic Blonde was a mixed bag. I didn't really enjoy the story but the music and the action was brilliant. Some of the best fight scenes I've seen.
Agree with that mate. I felt the same way watching it.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Spiderman: Homecoming. I liked it, which is surprising seeing I'm not a big comic book movie guy.

Atomic blonde, ordinary plot but it's got Charlize Theron and great action set pieces so what's not to like.

Annabelle: creation. Like most modern horrors. thought it was very average, a step up from the original though, which isn't saying much.

The poughkeepsie tapes, not bad at all. Quite well shot and I liked the doco angle.

If you haven't seen it you should check out a movie called Session 9, only movie I've seen that sent chills up my spine

Wahesh

Reaction score
I watched a lot over the weekend (hey, can you blame me, it was a long weekend).

The Fate of the Furious.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4630562/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Good solid action movie. As a side note, I'm not happy that part 9 has been delayed a year due to the Hobbs & Shaw spin-off being released next year. On the plus side, that means we'll be getting 3 F&F movies in a row:

2019: Hobbs & Shaw
2020: F&F 9
2021: F&F 10

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Hurricane Heist

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5360952/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Thieves attempt a massive heist against the U.S. Treasury as a Category 5 hurricane approaches one of its Mint facilities.

A mixture of action and thriller. The end result that you can predict is what eventuates (SPOILER IN WHITE TEXT) - the bad guys don't get away with the cash and end up dead.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Foreigner

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615160/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Jackie Chan and Peirce Brosnan

A humble businessman (Chan) with a buried past seeks justice when his daughter is killed in an act of terrorism. A cat-and-mouse conflict ensues with a government official (Brosnan), whose past may hold clues to the killers' identities.

Solid without being spectacular. 7/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Foreigner

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615160/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Jackie Chan and Peirce Brosnan

A humble businessman (Chan) with a buried past seeks justice when his daughter is killed in an act of terrorism. A cat-and-mouse conflict ensues with a government official (Brosnan), whose past may hold clues to the killers' identities.

Solid without being spectacular. 7/10.
I really enjoyed this movie. It wasn't exactly a cinematic masterpiece but Jackie Chan was brilliant. It's also based on a very good novel known as "The Chinaman"

Wahesh

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this movie. It wasn't exactly a cinematic masterpiece but Jackie Chan was brilliant. It's also based on a very good novel known as "The Chinaman"
I thought it was ok. Very heartbreaking in the beginning seeing him hold his dead daughter after the initial explosion.