Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
48% on Metacritic from 53 professional critics

User score of 6.7/10 from 259 user reviews. Interesting thing to point out is that it has 164 positive user reviews as oppose to 39 negative and 56 neutral.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw The Assignment last night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034474/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ok... I have a mixed bag about this one.

So picture this... Michelle Rodriguez plays the lead an a fairly decent cast also starring Tony Shalhoub, Signourney Weaver and Australia's own Anthony LaPaglia.

Michelle Rodriguez plays Frank Kitchen, yep. FRANK. A rugged, cold blooded, long haired, thick bearded assassin. This was a letdown for me because as a Michelle Rodriguez fan, I immediately knew it was her as soon as we saw Frank make his first appearance. Anyway... Frank has an Assignment in Vegas and takes out a strip club owner. Little does Frank know that he just took out the brother of a highly sophisticated and talented plastic surgeon, Dr. Rachel Jane, play by Sigourney Weaver. Rather than kill Frank, Dr. Rachel uses her talents as a plastic surgeon to give him a sex change and turn him into a woman. It is at this point we see the real Michelle Rodriguez come out. It be honest, it was quit weird seeing Frank Kitchen with a hairy chest, and a beard. The voice was also very obviously put on, so I was counting down to seeing Michelle Appear. It was also a little revealing when we see Frank/Michelle touch herself n various parts discovering her new found feminism.

Her reasoning for changing Frank's sex was for a few reasons...

- She didn't kill him because she believes everyone deserves a second chance
- She wanted him to become a woman as they are the more elegant sex
- She wanted him to suffer for what he did
- She wanted to put her talents into practice

So the Doctor hires some thugs to knock Frank out, one of those thugs being Anthony LaPaglia, and they go into business with Frank before betraying him and knocking him out, handing him on a silver platter to the Doctor.

The Doctor is then deemed mentally unwell, and throughout the movie is assessed by another Doctor played by Tony Shalhoub.

The rest of the movie has a lot of assassinations a Frank discovering himself as a woman.

Now this movie started of very poorly and looked like a poor man's Quinton Tarantino film, but it kept you hanging. The twists the come as the movie progresses are also nicely done - there is one very big twist towards the end.

Overall, an extra cheesy film that left me wanted more. I didn't want it to end when it did, truth be told.

7/10.

Michelle Rodrigues as Frank Kitchen.

What's weird for me is the facf someone has the surname "Kitchen". I have been on this planet for 40 years, and whilst i've seen chicks with beards, I've never come across anyone with a surname of a room in my house.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's weird for me is the facf someone has the surname "Kitchen". I have been on this planet for 40 years, and whilst i've seen chicks with beards, I've never come across anyone with a surname of a room in my house.
You serious bro? Granted it's not that common, however I have heard it before. Here are some notable Kitchens...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_(surname)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Does anyone want to know what kind of a sucker I am?

Just spent $30 on the comic book depiction of the movie.

:upset:

I'm not even a comic book geek.

It's not all bad though... I'm a huge manga fan, and this book is filled with manga art.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So i watched The Belko Experiment the other night. It was interesting to say the least. Some nice gore moments here and there. At the end of the day it was ok but a standard thriller movie.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So i watched The Belko Experiment the other night. It was interesting to say the least. Some nice gore moments here and there. At the end of the day it was ok but a standard thriller movie.

Shit bro. That looks awesome. I hadn't even heard about it either. What's you're rating /10 (no spoilers please) :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I watched the trailer for this the other day. I'm half tempted to watch it but this premise has been done too many times in the past.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone want to know what kind of a sucker I am?

Just spent $30 on the comic book depiction of the movie.

:upset:

I'm not even a comic book geek.

It's not all bad though... I'm a huge manga fan, and this book is filled with manga art.

Is it just me or does it look like the woman in the red dress is trying to spread her butt cheeks for something?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit bro. That looks awesome. I hadn't even heard about it either. What's you're rating /10 (no spoilers please) :grinning:
Maybe a 6, it's probably worth a watch. It didn't really wow me but kept me intrigued.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it look like the woman in the red dress is trying to spread her butt cheeks for something?
Looks like she's doin a reverse cowgirl on a seat the way she is positioned,bent forward with her hands on her arse.

Wahesh

Reaction score
LMAO. You're right. Well she is a hooker, so I'm guessing she's getting ready. That guy on the table must enjoy the back door approach.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Everly with Salma Hayek looks good. I'm into Salma Hayek being a bad ass after watching The Hitman's Bodyguard.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If you have netflix, do not watch 'the titan' , it's 1.5 hours you will never get back. It's terrible.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
New a dude his last name was cafe
Was a chef
Lived at kitcheners prde
Cooks hill.
Now that's fucking truely weird

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you have netflix, do not watch 'the titan' , it's 1.5 hours you will never get back. It's terrible.
Too late. Watched it tonight. Most boring, illogical and incoherent movie I’ve ever seen. Nothing at all to like about it.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Too late. Watched it tonight. Most boring, illogical and incoherent movie I’ve ever seen. Nothing at all to like about it.
I couldn't believe how bad it was! It actually started out with a little bit of potential but very quickly just turned into absolute rubbish.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everly with Salma Hayek looks good. I'm into Salma Hayek being a bad ass after watching The Hitman's Bodyguard.
I've seen it. I reckon you would like it. Lots of action/fight scenes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Last Nights with Clive Owen and Morgan Freeman. Quite an entertaining movie. Nothing super special but an entertaining movie none the less.

It's basically a fictional land that's a blend of medieval England and feudal Japan. It's all about honour and revenge. Turned out a lot better than I thought it would be.