Movie Discussion

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watch annihilation on netflix? That was totally not what i was expecting, pretty deep movie, i thought it was really awesome.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone watch annihilation on netflix? That was totally not what i was expecting, pretty deep movie, i thought it was really awesome.
Was 50kg Natalie Portman a powerhouse? :p
I saw the trailer first In a cinema was it first going to the cinemas then Netflix bought it similar to the third clover field movie?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Vin diesel is a strong male.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Vin diesel is a strong male.
But is he big? Let's find out...

Vin Diesel

Vin Diesel next to Dwayne Johnson

Dwayne Johnson next to Shaq

Shaq next to Yao Ming

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A bit hit and miss for me. I enjoyed the movie up until the ending. They didn't really explain anything and it had no long term effect on anything. Just a bit of lazy writing. Other than that it was excellent.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was 50kg Natalie Portman a powerhouse? :p
I saw the trailer first In a cinema was it first going to the cinemas then Netflix bought it similar to the third clover field movie?
Oh yeah i forgot the disclaimer, the movie is not a sausage fest so you may not like it :laughing::laughing: , but seriously i have no clue about the history of the movie, was just bored the other night and clicked play.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh yeah i forgot the disclaimer, the movie is not a sausage fest so you may not like it :laughing::laughing: , but seriously i have no clue about the history of the movie, was just bored the other night and clicked play.
Lmfao :p

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
haha don't worry mate, unlike quite a few films lately it's certainly not like a female empowerment film, so ya safe :grinning:
Hahaha I might give it a watch. Maybe female biologists are a lot stronger than science tells us

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha I might give it a watch. Maybe female biologists are a lot stronger than science tells us
If ya don't like sci-fi movies though ya won't like it, but it does have one of the better scary beast sort of things i have seen for a little while.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If ya don't like sci-fi movies though ya won't like it, but it does have one of the better scary beast sort of things i have seen for a little while.
I’m a sucker for sci fi hahaha I just get a female ghostbusters reboot vice from the trailer haha

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bro, sausage fest films are good the best. If you want to see T&A, simply open a new tab of visit one of the thousands of "abcTUBE" or "xyzHUB" sites there are.

I love bullets flying everywhere, cars speeding to the point where they break the sound barrier, explosions coming in an elevator shaft sending the flames bursting through the top of a building... ANYTHING that has to do with Karmichaels getting cunted.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
haha don't worry mate, unlike quite a few films lately it's certainly not like a female empowerment film, so ya safe :grinning:
Yep. The females get pretty fucked up. There was also one scene that made me laugh a little. Without giving away any real spoilers, they find the site from the previous all male squad and the soldier chick picks up the M249 machine gun and says something like, "No way. Way too heavy". I instantly thought, "Well the men didn't have issues with it"

Funny thing though. The cast is almost entirely female and that was deliberate. The after testing they decided to release it to Netflix rather than the cinemas. Reviews have been generally favourable but I listened to Tripe J review it and they spent most of the review saying how sexist Hollywood is for not releasing the movie at the cinemas. The funny part being that this isn't the first blockbuster style movie that's been released straight to Netflix and it won't be the last. This is the trend that movies are taking and it has nothing to do with sexism.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny thing about that. Science tells us that men are naturally stronger physically (thanks to testosterone) but it also tells us that women are generally better at biology, chemistry and other similar science based subjects while men are better at engineering.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for sci fi hahaha I just get a female ghostbusters reboot vice from the trailer haha
Honestly I think you'll be laughing through a lot of it. It's basically women getting fucked up and backstabbing each other. I thought that aspect of it was very well done. They have a female who spent years in the military who happens to be able to shoot really well, but she's not going to do anything that requires real physical strength. It was pretty realistic in that sense. They didn't try to make the women seem superhuman or anything.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, sausage fest films are good the best. If you want to see T&A, simply open a new tab of visit one of the thousands of "abcTUBE" or "xyzHUB" sites there are.

I love bullets flying everywhere, cars speeding to the point where they break the sound barrier, explosions coming in an elevator shaft sending the flames bursting through the top of a building... ANYTHING that has to do with Karmichaels getting cunted.
I keep forgetting that you obsess over those terrible car movies.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I keep forgetting that you obsess over those terrible car movies.
Not terrible car movies, cheesy car movies, with extra cheddar.

For example, Vehicle 19 and Highwaymen are fantastic, whereas Monolith and Corvette Summer suck floppy disks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I may hold off watching Tomb Raider. I watched the IGN review and they pretty much pointed out everything wrong with the movie and it's pretty much what I feared including:

- In the 2013 game it's based on Lara Croft is a young archaeologist who is following her deceased father's research to find this mysterious island. She crashes on the island. She only has minimal hunting and survival training that she received from her father. She has to learn how to survive. It creates this amazing story about a woman learning to survive against all odds. But....

- In the movie her father isn't dead but is missing. She's searching for him. Before she starts the journey she has no interest in archaeology and she also happens to be a professional MMA fighter with archery skills. So instead of having an archaeologist learning to survive, we have a survivalist learning to like archaeology. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it

- The villain is rubbish. The review points out that he isn't remotely threatening and just seems out of place

- The story is pushed to the back and the movie focuses on average action sequences

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. The females get pretty fucked up. There was also one scene that made me laugh a little. Without giving away any real spoilers, they find the site from the previous all male squad and the soldier chick picks up the M249 machine gun and says something like, "No way. Way too heavy". I instantly thought, "Well the men didn't have issues with it"

Funny thing though. The cast is almost entirely female and that was deliberate. The after testing they decided to release it to Netflix rather than the cinemas. Reviews have been generally favourable but I listened to Tripe J review it and they spent most of the review saying how sexist Hollywood is for not releasing the movie at the cinemas. The funny part being that this isn't the first blockbuster style movie that's been released straight to Netflix and it won't be the last. This is the trend that movies are taking and it has nothing to do with sexism.
How is it fucken sexism I actually heard it was released in the cinema for a couple weeks but did hopeless then Netflix bought it something and released it on their streaming channel. Can you confirm?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Check this out though: $10 V-MAX on Wednesday.

Hmmm...

upload_2018-3-19_13-51-49.png