Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the opposite way..video games inspired by movies.. An excellent one was Tron 2.0..Oh and ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’..and of course the brilliant ‘Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis’..my personal all time favourite game.. There is a heap of em..anyone got some other favourites?
Don't forget 007 Golden Eye, Spiderman 2, Star Trek (Elite Forces, Unity, Away Team), Star Wars (Battlefront, Force Unleashed, X-Wing, Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Acadamy), Aliens Vs Predator, Dune 2, Chronicles of Riddick.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember that I loved the game but I don't remember much of it. I remember at the start when they were talking about the theory that a volcano sunk Atlantis, and I remember using those little energy ball things to operate the little Atlantis robots. The rest is a bit of a blur.
Yeah the little beads were Orichalcum..Just an excellent game..it’s always good to see Indy battle the dispicable..I hate these guys..Nazis..

You could play it three ways..

The Wit path: just Indy alone
Team path: Indy and Sophia together
Fist path: it’s less puzzles and more fighting

Each path is slightly different..but the final ‘stage’ is the same..It’s available now on Steam.. man it was good..I downloaded it frrom Steam a couple of years back to my my pc..I played it but found it awkward not being able to move properly..so I hope one day they put it on iPad..which they did for the Monkey Island series..which was another group of outstanding point and click games..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget 007 Golden Eye, Spiderman 2, Star Trek (Elite Forces, Unity, Away Team), Star Wars (Battlefront, Force Unleashed, X-Wing, Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Acadamy), Aliens Vs Predator, Dune 2, Chronicles of Riddick.
All great..you ever play Dark Forces (Star Wars) ? It was superb..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Disney has just announced there will be another Star Wars trilogy..

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...micbook.com Daily Newsletter&utm_content=Link

Just as I thought..with off shoot movies like Rogue One (which I did enjoy) and the upcoming Solo..Disney is going to milk the Star Wars universe for every bit of money they can.. It’s not really about continuing the story..it’s about making cash..As long as it’s making big money and fans are flocking to it..I guess it’s as Obi said ‘The Force will be with you. always.’..well until it stops making money that is..

Ps..I don’t like the new movie buzz word ‘franchise’ when referring to a movie series..but you know now..I feel it is a completely accurate and perfect description for what Disney is doing..just like McDonald’s and the like..they make a template on which all movies should adhere too and revolve a story around..no real innovation..or different ideas..unless approved by head office..the Solo movie is a great example..they sacked the original directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller because their ideas for the film conflicted with that of ‘head office’..and brought in a ‘user friendly’ director Ron Howard.. I feel a disturbance in the Force..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Disney has just announced there will be another Star Wars trilogy..

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/11/09/star-wars-trilogy-new-rian-johnson-lucasfilm/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=171109_170035_Comicbook.com Daily Newsletter&utm_content=Link

Just as I thought..with off shoot movies like Rogue One (which I did enjoy) and the upcoming Solo..Disney is going to milk the Star Wars universe for every bit of money they can.. It’s not really about continuing the story..it’s about making cash..As long as it’s making big money and fans are flocking to it..I guess it’s as Obi said ‘The Force will be with you. always.’..well until it stops making money that is..

Ps..I don’t like the new movie buzz word ‘franchise’ when referring to a movie series..but you know now..I feel it is a completely accurate and perfect description for what Disney is doing..just like McDonald’s and the like..they make a template on which all movies should adhere too and revolve a story around..no real innovation..or different ideas..unless approved by head office..the Solo movie is a great example..they sacked the original directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller because their ideas for the film conflicted with that of ‘head office’..and brought in a ‘user friendly’ director Ron Howard.. I feel a disturbance in the Force..
RIP Hollywood...

upload_2017-11-10_12-53-52.jpeg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well honestly..talk about flogging dead horses..time to let new ideas have a go.. I mean I love Star Wars and in particular Indiana Jones..but they need to let ‘new’ stories..and new characters..come to life.. They just play it safe by making everything a franchise because they know people go because of its ‘name’..

The ironic thing is if Hollywood didn’t take a chance years ago and fund a relatively nobody..with a script full of silly dialogue about an intergalactic soap opera..the world would’ve never gotten Star Wars in the first place..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What about the opposite way..video games inspired by movies.. An excellent one was Tron 2.0..Oh and ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’..and of course the brilliant ‘Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis’..my personal all time favourite game.. There is a heap of em..anyone got some other favourites?
The Lion King was pretty good for its time - 1994. The music was very good too.

"Juiced" is a video game inspired by The Fast and The Furious. I love that game. Going back to 2005 though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

Overall it's a good film. Good story, amazing graphics and an amazing universe they've created with interesting characters but I can see why it struggled in the reviews. The main actor and actress are crap. Considering they have the majority of the screen time, they're really rubbish actors. It also doesn't help that the script is a bit shit. The conversations feel lifeless and often don't make sense.

It's a pity 'cause it's the only thing that let's the movie down. Otherwise it's a great movie.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm going for a walk down memory land tonight...

I've already seen this movie and I love it. My favorite part is where Zorro is sword fighting Elena (Catherine Zeta-Jones) in a playful manner. She's really trying to stab and kill him, and he's just playing around with her, frustrating her, and kissing her whenever he counters one of her attempts lol. Can't wait - looking forward to it.

If I haven't described it well enough, here it is:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Justice League tonight. I enjoyed it but I have to be honest. If you didn't like the other DC movies then you probably won't like this one.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw Justice League tonight. I enjoyed it but I have to be honest. If you didn't like the other DC movies then you probably won't like this one.
I just saw it. What a fkn shit movie, you can tell joss Whedon infected his directing in the movie more than they were leading us to believe. And the fkn politics my god.

Batman v superman ultimate edition shat all over this as did man of steel. I felt like I watched a marvel movie no joke. There was no suspense or emotion like man of steel and bvs.

People will enjoy this movie who didn't like the first 2 dc movies they changed the tone it was meant to be dark but they changed with Whedons reshoots.

I'm literally so pissed off.

They fucked batman up with trying to tonally lighten the movie up, fucked batman up made him like george Clooney batman.

But yeah you should be saying whoever didn't like the other 2 they'll enjoy this one coz they added certain politics and lightened it up. Fuck I'm gonna cherish my bvs ultimate edition now it stands out so much from every other movie especially super hero movies.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just saw it. What a fkn shit movie, you can tell joss Whedon infected his directing in the movie more than they were leading us to believe. And the fkn politics my god.

Batman v superman ultimate edition shat all over this as did man of steel. I felt like I watched a marvel movie no joke. There was no suspense or emotion like man of steel and bvs.

People will enjoy this movie who didn't like the first 2 dc movies they changed the tone it was meant to be dark but they changed with Whedons reshoots.

I'm literally so pissed off.

They fucked batman up with trying to tonally lighten the movie up, fucked batman up made him like george Clooney batman.

But yeah you should be saying whoever didn't like the other 2 they'll enjoy this one coz they added certain politics and lightened it up. Fuck I'm gonna cherish my bvs ultimate edition now it stands out so much from every other movie especially super hero movies.
I didn't even notice the politics in the movie. Must have missed that.

I did notice the massive plot holes though. And shit cut out. There we're periods where they would suddenly appear somewhere with no explanation of what was going on.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't even notice the politics in the movie. Must have missed that.

I did notice the massive plot holes though. And shit cut out. There we're periods where they would suddenly appear somewhere with no explanation of what was going on.
Yeah warner bros apparently said it cannot be longer than 2 hours. They're so fkn dumb man. And putting joss Whedon as the fill in director to lighten up the tone damaged the movie and the realistic dark tone the first 2 movies built. This movie just made it like the other marvel movies. christopher Nolan was an executive producer why didn't they just get him to finish it off and whatever. Honestly I don't know how some people have jobs in specific areas.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah warner bros apparently said it cannot be longer than 2 hours. They're so fkn dumb man. And putting joss Whedon as the fill in director to lighten up the tone damaged the movie and the realistic dark tone the first 2 movies built. This movie just made it like the other marvel movies. christopher Nolan was an executive producer why didn't they just get him to finish it off and whatever. Honestly I don't know how some people have jobs in specific areas.
Give me 100 million dollars and I'll make a better movie. It would probably just be Batman and Superman constantly punching network executives in the head.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give me 100 million dollars and I'll make a better movie. It would probably just be Batman and Superman constantly punching network executives in the head.
Lmfao. But seriously they're so fkn dumb bro, the tone wasn't the issue with the last movie nor that there was a lack of powerful female characters as per rotten tomato review, it was coz warner cut so much out of the fkn movie! And it was rectified with the ultimate edition release. A few plot points were fkd but other than that it was a good movie in the end. They've killed the dc universe for me now. I loved how batman was portrayed in bvs a fkn dark **** giving no fucks. Batman does not suit a lightened up movie, it just doesn't suit the character.
The only part I liked sin the movie was mid way when they brought someone back to life and Wonder Woman thought she was gonna hurt that person lmfao.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao. But seriously they're so fkn dumb bro, the tone wasn't the issue with the last movie nor that there was a lack of powerful female characters as per rotten tomato review, it was coz warner cut so much out of the fkn movie! And it was rectified with the ultimate edition release. A few plot points were fkd but other than that it was a good movie in the end. They've killed the dc universe for me now. I loved how batman was portrayed in bvs a fkn dark **** giving no fucks. Batman does not suit a lightened up movie, it just doesn't suit the character.
The only part I liked sin the movie was mid way when they brought someone back to life and Wonder Woman thought she was gonna hurt that person lmfao.
It's a bit of the opposite in regard to Wonder Woman. In the comics she is as strong as Superman and can fly. In this she's a lot weaker than Superman.

How overpowered is Superman though? It made me laugh and kind of made the whole team pointless.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a bit of the opposite in regard to Wonder Woman. In the comics she is as strong as Superman and can fly. In this she's a lot weaker than Superman.

How overpowered is Superman though? It made me laugh and kind of made the whole team pointless.
Bro wonder woman isn't as strong nor as powerful lol, what keeps her in the game is her martial arts or warrior techniques if that's what you wanna call it lol. Superman destroys all even Shazam has no chance against superman.

Essentially that's how superman has always been extremely OP, the reason for bvs was to sort of show the one weakness of superman and batman is meant to be the one who was only able to find out about the kryptonitw and use it against him. In the comic sense superman refers to batman as the most dangerous hero as he's so fkn smart at finding weaknesses and using his money and tech to take any **** down.

Wonder Woman and aquaman are closer comparisons in power an drew strength levels, superman is way above Wonder Woman and all others even in comics bro lol. Superman is as fast as flash Wonder Woman can't contain that shit bro even the invulnerability of supes he's like you said OP.

Edit: please go and look at the complaints rotten tomato critics have with the movie lol. A hint, it's political as I suspected

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That's what I thought. Now that he's "alive" again the rest of them are basically redundant.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro wonder woman isn't as strong nor as powerful lol, what keeps her in the game is her martial arts or warrior techniques if that's what you wanna call it lol. Superman destroys all even Shazam has no chance against superman.

Essentially that's how superman has always been extremely OP, the reason for bvs was to sort of show the one weakness of superman and batman is meant to be the one who was only able to find out about the kryptonitw and use it against him. In the comic sense superman refers to batman as the most dangerous hero as he's so fkn smart at finding weaknesses and using his money and tech to take any **** down.

Wonder Woman and aquaman are closer comparisons in power an drew strength levels, superman is way above Wonder Woman and all others even in comics bro lol. Superman is as fast as flash Wonder Woman can't contain that shit bro even the invulnerability of supes he's like you said OP.

Edit: please go and look at the complaints rotten tomato critics have with the movie lol. A hint, it's political as I suspected
Nah. In the comics Wonder Woman is rated as slightly weaker than Superman as far as pure strength goes but expected to become stronger when she becomes a full God. She's ranked as the same strength as Supergirl. The Wonder Woman in the movies is a shell of her power in the comics.

There was a comic where Superman and Wonder Woman rooted and it basically killed millions of people setting off earth quakes and volcanoes.