Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
One I forgot, the Final Fantasy animated movies were some of the best.

As far as wow factor goes, there isn't any really. It doesn't help that most game movie adaptations are made by Uwe Boll who is terrible at making movies (except Postal and 1968 Tunnel Rats)
Agree the FF animated movies where ok, except that damn space one that had nothing to do with FF....terrible!! That World of Warcaft movie had it's moments but i think it was still hit and miss.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Postal

And silent Hill. The Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil movies were OK as well.
Haven't seen another of them. I have seen Street Fighter though and I thought that was ok.

I do hope that Rampage is good when it comes out next year. I used to LOVE playing that game on the Master System back in the day, however I have no idea how they'll convert a great pixelated video game of Monsters destroying US cities into a good movie with Dwayne Johnson at the helm. As long as they are indeed monsters destroying buildings I'll be happy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2231461/

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't seen another of them. I have seen Street Fighter though and I thought that was ok.

I do hope that Rampage is good when it comes out next year. I used to LOVE playing that game on the Master System back in the day, however I have no idea how they'll convert a great pixelated video game of Monsters destroying US cities into a good movie with Dwayne Johnson at the helm. As long as they are indeed monsters destroying buildings I'll be happy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2231461/
Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were those kind of movies that you love at the time but if you watch them now days they haven't aged well.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I used to play it on the old Commodore 64. I loved the theme song back in the day too.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I used to play it on the old Commodore 64. I loved the theme song back in the day too.
Loved how awesome that game was. I did this playthrough below in one of my old bludge jobs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved how awesome that game was. I did this playthrough below in one of my old bludge jobs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Didn't know they had different theme songs for the different consoles even though it was the same game. The commodore theme is better though, but that could be too cuz it was iconic to me haha

Wahesh

Reaction score
Very weird. They're usually the same. Here's an example. Fantasy Zone was available on both SMS and NES. SMS has far better superior and brightly illuminated graphics, whereas the NES had better 8 bit music:

SMS

NES

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Murder on the Orient express (remake).

Classic old school whodunit, with Kenneh Branagh playing Poirot with a few other stars in the cast including Penelope Cruz, Michelle Pfeiffer, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Leslie Odom Jr, Josh Gad and Johnny Depp.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Classic old school whodunit, with Kenneh Branagh playing Poirot with a few other stars in the cast including Penelope Cruz, Michelle Pfeiffer, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Leslie Odom Jr, Josh Gad and Johnny Depp.
And Rey (Daisy Ridley)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind watching it.

What i won't be watching is the new 50 Shades of Grey movie i just seen advertised. Really, they needed to do another one....

Wahesh

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind watching it.

What i won't be watching is the new 50 Shades of Grey movie i just seen advertised. Really, they needed to do another one....
Idiots keep watching that shit - blame them.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was so shit and i went in watching it thinking it would not impress me. As you said it's not very often that a video game turned movie turns out good. Honestly i can't even think of video game movie that has been any good.
What about the opposite way..video games inspired by movies.. An excellent one was Tron 2.0..Oh and ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’..and of course the brilliant ‘Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis’..my personal all time favourite game.. There is a heap of em..anyone got some other favourites?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about the opposite way..video games inspired by movies.. An excellent one was Tron 2.0..Oh and ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’..and of course the brilliant ‘Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis’..my personal all time favourite game.. There is a heap of em..anyone got some other favourites?
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis i used to play on my pc when i was a teenager many moons ago.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis i used to play on my pc when i was a teenager many moons ago.
Gee it was great game.. A lot of fans see it as the real 4th instalment of the series..not the mess that was the Crystal Skull..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee it was great game.. A lot of fans see it as the real 4th instalment of the series..not the mess that was the Crystal Skull..
I remember that I loved the game but I don't remember much of it. I remember at the start when they were talking about the theory that a volcano sunk Atlantis, and I remember using those little energy ball things to operate the little Atlantis robots. The rest is a bit of a blur.