Movie Discussion

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
top gun maverick is the best movie I’ve seen in the cinema since man of steel back in 2013. The cinematography was second to none, wokeism was like nowhere to be found besides the cringey introduction of this tiny female leading her two huge men around a bar and then making the “best of the best” fighter pilots (completely fiction but whatever this is Hollywood). Other than that though it’s literally the first movie where the woke garbage is not forced into your face. And look how much money it’s made. The original top gun was a great movie but for the sequel to make a billion dollars, it just shows people are sick of the activist movies and want good old fashioned entertainment again where they can kick back, have a testosterone boost and enjoy the 2 hours forgetting about real life for a bit.
The flying scenes were second to none, you at times feel like you’re actually flying with the boys.
Also Val Kilmer while a small role really kept the vibes from the first movie going and was great seeing him on screen and liked in a way they wrote in his real world health issue. Into the film and made it that much more depressing.

9/10
Ok ok I’ll watch it although I really can’t stand that little prick Tom Cruise

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
top gun maverick is the best movie I’ve seen in the cinema since man of steel back in 2013. The cinematography was second to none, wokeism was like nowhere to be found besides the cringey introduction of this tiny female leading her two huge men around a bar and then making the “best of the best” fighter pilots (completely fiction but whatever this is Hollywood). Other than that though it’s literally the first movie where the woke garbage is not forced into your face. And look how much money it’s made. The original top gun was a great movie but for the sequel to make a billion dollars, it just shows people are sick of the activist movies and want good old fashioned entertainment again where they can kick back, have a testosterone boost and enjoy the 2 hours forgetting about real life for a bit.
The flying scenes were second to none, you at times feel like you’re actually flying with the boys.
Also Val Kilmer while a small role really kept the vibes from the first movie going and was great seeing him on screen and liked in a way they wrote in his real world health issue. Into the film and made it that much more depressing.

9/10
Haven't got around to it yet but I've heard it's great. Some people pointed out that it is very much a recruitment video for the US airforce. But that was pretty much the first movie too.

The other criticism I heard was that they apparently work hard to avoid pointing out who the enemy is because they didn't want to offend China or Russia.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I laughed pretty hard when it came out that a lot of the movies he makes, they focus on close ups so he can stand on a box to make himself look taller.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The other criticism I heard was that they apparently work hard to avoid pointing out who the enemy is because they didn't want to offend China or Russia.
Hopefully that was just a financial decision so they didn’t ban it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully that was just a financial decision so they didn’t ban it
Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was just to avoid getting banned in certain countries. Everytime a movie pisses off China, their box office money plummets. That's why John Cena sucked Xi's balls when he accidentally said that Taiwan is a country

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I laughed pretty hard when it came out that a lot of the movies he makes, they focus on close ups so he can stand on a box to make himself look taller.
Haha the same with a few others like Jason Statum (who I avoid too) & they try to make others look a lot taller like Vin Diesel. Some are deceiving though. I thought John Cena was a midget with a big head but he’s not that short

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha the same with a few others like Jason Statum (who I avoid too) & they try to make others look a lot taller like Vin Diesel. Some are deceiving though. I thought John Cena was a midget with a big head but he’s not that short
He honestly looks like that. Weirdly built. I also didn't rate him until I watched Peacemaker.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro honestly I cannot stand him personally but one good thing with him is I honestly have not seen him bring this insane woke political garbage into his movies. He’s their for his pay check and entertain us peasants haha. Honestly you’ll have a good time bro. You won’t even think about him being a Scientologist haha

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't got around to it yet but I've heard it's great. Some people pointed out that it is very much a recruitment video for the US airforce. But that was pretty much the first movie too.

Not Russia lol China but apparently they put back some Taiwan flag or symbol back on the jackets or something they removed for chinas sake? But yeah I’m not too sure. I do agree though I didn’t really understand who the enemy was lol.

Na there’s literally hardly any “muh Murcia” in it which was a bit upsetting I love the old school patriotism over the top stuff lol. But honestly go watch it you’ll have a blast and can quite literally forget about everything besides having your ears blown to kingdom come and begging for more

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A few movies I've randomly watched this weekend:
  • News of the World - Tom Hanks in a wannabe western - not bad - 7/10
  • Roman J. Israel, Esq. - Denzel Washington in sorta of a legal genre movie - I thought it was ok - also 7/10
  • Fractured - Sam Worthington. Yeah, didn't really get into this one. 5/10.
Similar tastes on all 3 I'd maybe even give the first two 7.5ish.
Unabashed Denzel fan myself, the Equaliser movies are getting a bit far-fetched but otherwise he is and has always been terrific.Have you seen The Little Things from last year? Highly recommend that one.
Up there with my faves of his all time is Training Day fuck he kills that role must have been so much fun for him to rebel like this :hearteyes:

Didn't finish Fractured I'm of the opinion Sam is a little underwhelming in films, that or im just not a fan.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bro honestly I cannot stand him personally but one good thing with him is I honestly have not seen him bring this insane woke political garbage into his movies. He’s their for his pay check and entertain us peasants haha. Honestly you’ll have a good time bro. You won’t even think about him being a Scientologist haha
Haha thanks mate. I’ve got it at home so might watch it tonight

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He honestly looks like that. Weirdly built. I also didn't rate him until I watched Peacemaker.
I’ll have to check it out. I like The Rock but can’t stand Cena and his acting and his head

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Netflix have just added Brawl In Cell Block 99, I have seen it before it stars Vince Vaughan in a role so far removed from anything he has done, it's very brutal and dark movie a classic imo.
Must watch.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but for some reason I want my homeboy @Mr 95% to watch Copshop (on Netflix) and get your opinion on Anthony Lamb played by Toby Huss.

In my opinion, he plays perhaps the most twisted psychopathic assassin I have ever seen in film!

1657685796569.png

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry to say I didn’t like Maverick and who told me to watch parasite? It was like the boring deleted scenes of squid games made into a movie

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome brother, looking forward to your opinion :D
Just finished it my man.. throughly enjoyed it! Lamb..aka the Balloon Man was just a psycho..he was just crazy.. He acted great.. the woman police officer was good too.. But he stole the show.. thanks for telling me too watch brother..great afternoon watching!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just finished it my man.. throughly enjoyed it! Lamb..aka the Balloon Man was just a psycho..he was just crazy.. He acted great.. the woman police officer was good too.. But he stole the show.. thanks for telling me too watch brother..great afternoon watching!
The moment he entered is when the movie really became enjoyable. The way he killed everyone so smoothly and slickly was unbelievable, then he went full psycho when required. And it’s not like he was a young guy either, he was older and if you look closely you’ll notice he was wearing hearing aids as well. He made the movie and left a bigger lasting impression for me than Franky Grillo and Gerard Butler did.