Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what Disney will do to Indiana Jones..Gosh..with Ford at 79..they will have to work out how to franchise it somehow!!! :fearscream:
Probably. They have a new one coming out in 2023 with Ford, and I'm sure it'll be just as bad as the last one. But surely they can't make any more after that. Maybe they'll go back to the Young Indie idea.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably. They have a new one coming out in 2023 with Ford, and I'm sure it'll be just as bad as the last one. But surely they can't make any more after that. Maybe they'll go back to the Young Indie idea.
Yeah I’m not looking forward to the next one..Crystal Skull was terrible.. Um I heard that .. @Realist90 will love this.. a woman will be taking up the mantle!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not looking forward to the next one..Crystal Skull was terrible.. Um I heard that .. @Realist90 will love this.. a woman will be taking up the mantle!
Come on be fair bro, as if you’re all for a diverse hire to take over Indiana Jones. Why can’t they just go make their own movies and franchises instead of destroying already established ones.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on be fair bro, as if you’re all for a diverse hire to take over Indiana Jones. Why can’t they just go make their own movies and franchises instead of destroying already established ones.
100% agree.. Make something new.. Gosh I hope I’m wrong..I really really do..Indiana Jones is a man..but with Kathleen Kennedy at the helm anything can happen..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starkiller..interesting.. One of the original names tossed around for Luke Skywalker..
more than tossed around... pretty sure it was Luke's original surname and the Sky Walker was supposed to be some mythical figure from the past

then again, George Lucas always likes to change things

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
more than tossed around... pretty sure it was Luke's original surname and the Sky Walker was supposed to be some mythical figure from the past

then again, George Lucas always likes to change things
It was definitely!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
hopefully, Disney consider doing a live action adaptation of the Starkiller character

It would be good if they got Sam Witwer back for the role, but they would probably end up getting some random emo kid.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be good if they got Sam Witwer back for the role, but they would probably end up getting some random emo kid.
unfortunately, Witwer is probably too old now, not to mention James Earl Jones

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The-Unbearable-Weight-of-Massive-Talent-Posters-2022.jpg

Unfulfilled and facing financial ruin, actor Nick Cage accepts a $1 million offer to attend a wealthy fan's birthday party. Things take a wildly unexpected turn when a CIA operative recruits Cage for an unusual mission. Taking on the role of a lifetime, he soon finds himself channeling his most iconic and beloved characters to save himself and his loved ones.

Was really really looking forward to watching this and was let down big time.

Nic Cage playing a somewhat fictionalised version of himself and was the perfect set up for a great movie, especially if your a big fan of the guy like I am. But it ultimately falls short due to a very average script, annoying characters and overall story, which is a shame because it had a great premise and should have been much better.

3/5

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or did anyone else find the new Top Gun film fun, but also totally predictable and too the usual lazy formula in its storyline and scripting?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Is it just me or did anyone else find the new Top Gun film fun, but also totally predictable and too the usual lazy formula in its storyline and scripting?
Could see that it was following the same story as the first movie, but then in the last 30 minutes it took a very unexpected twist. Don't tell me you expected them to man an enemy jet?

Thought it was probably one of the best action movies I have seen in a long long time, mainly due to the purposeful absence of too much CGI.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could see that it was following the same story as the first movie, but then in the last 30 minutes it took a very unexpected twist. Don't tell me you expected them to man an enemy jet?

Thought it was probably one of the best action movies I have seen in a long long time, mainly due to the purposeful absence of too much CGI.
It was fun but predictable, the helicopter and fighter being shot out of the sky at exactly the right moment for instance.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few movies I've randomly watched this weekend:
  • News of the World - Tom Hanks in a wannabe western - not bad - 7/10
  • Roman J. Israel, Esq. - Denzel Washington in sorta of a legal genre movie - I thought it was ok - also 7/10
  • Fractured - Sam Worthington. Yeah, didn't really get into this one. 5/10.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
top gun maverick is the best movie I’ve seen in the cinema since man of steel back in 2013. The cinematography was second to none, wokeism was like nowhere to be found besides the cringey introduction of this tiny female leading her two huge men around a bar and then making the “best of the best” fighter pilots (completely fiction but whatever this is Hollywood). Other than that though it’s literally the first movie where the woke garbage is not forced into your face. And look how much money it’s made. The original top gun was a great movie but for the sequel to make a billion dollars, it just shows people are sick of the activist movies and want good old fashioned entertainment again where they can kick back, have a testosterone boost and enjoy the 2 hours forgetting about real life for a bit.
The flying scenes were second to none, you at times feel like you’re actually flying with the boys.
Also Val Kilmer while a small role really kept the vibes from the first movie going and was great seeing him on screen and liked in a way they wrote in his real world health issue. Into the film and made it that much more depressing.

9/10