Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
there is a scene early in Fight Club where the image of Tyler Durden flickers and disappears... made me think when he appears later on the plane that it was all in Edward Norton's mind
Is that at the hospital?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the series so far. She's a decent character, but a bit of a contradiction on herself.

I've also had moments where I find the supposed levels of intelligence comparison between Leia and Obi Wan off putting (think of Obi slipping up in his forgetting to name Leia the alias when hitching a ride).

I am enjoying the series, but it does have some holes in the logic.
I think Ewen McGregor is great in it..but you are right..there are holes in the plot..I think when series are set before, but made after, an already established plot, there are always continuity problem..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't remember now since it has been years since I watched 'Fight Club'
I’m pretty sure that’s when it happene it is as I rewatched it on Tuesday and I pointed out to the person I was watching it with.. :blush:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the series so far. She's a decent character, but a bit of a contradiction on herself.

I've also had moments where I find the supposed levels of intelligence comparison between Leia and Obi Wan off putting (think of Obi slipping up in his forgetting to name Leia the alias when hitching a ride).

I am enjoying the series, but it does have some holes in the logic.
So many holes. But Star Wars is n general is pretty plot hole filled. But this latest episode had so, so many holes.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Ewen McGregor is great in it..but you are right..there are holes in the plot..I think when series are set before, but made after, an already established plot, there are always continuity problem..
So many holes. But Star Wars is n general is pretty plot hole filled. But this latest episode had so, so many holes.

In response to you both, that's why the Mandalorian is so much better received. They just didn't have to conform to pre existing timelines or head to specific destinations.

Bobba Fett also had some shackles for die hard star wars fans. I don't know if Disney are best served by trying to bring characters with history to the screen. There's always going to be people that have pre-existing ideas on where established characters should be heading and how they get there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
plenty of material Disney could have used in the old expanded universe, the old republic, standalone stories etc.
I think the only reason they haven't touched much of the Old Republic stuff because there's a remake of Knights of the Old Republic in development, and that is going to fully canonise the Revan lore.

But they do have the High Republic animated show in the works, plus the Star Wars Eclipse game set during the High Republic, and a Disney+ live action series set around the fall of the High Republic.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only reason they haven't touched much of the Old Republic stuff because there's a remake of Knights of the Old Republic in development, and that is going to fully canonise the Revan lore.

But they do have the High Republic animated show in the works, plus the Star Wars Eclipse game set during the High Republic, and a Disney+ live action series set around the fall of the High Republic.
the High Republic set 200 years before "A New Hope" in which Obi Wan states that the Jedi were guardians of peace in the galaxy for a thousand generations before the dark times of the Empire... where precisely can they take that idea?

glad Revan is getting done... an interesting character that straddles both the light side of the force and the Dark... would like to see Malgus in a live action role, too

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is there a series of just Darth Vader? Like when he actually is Darth Vader?

He is the only reason I watched the original 3 movies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what Disney will do to Indiana Jones..Gosh..with Ford at 79..they will have to work out how to franchise it somehow!!! :fearscream: