Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this one is the best comic book adaptation of Batman I've seen.
Bale the best Bruce Wayne.
Agreed. I get the type of Bruce Wayne they were going for, but I thought Patterson's Brcue Wayne was the worst I've seen.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. I get the type of Bruce Wayne they were going for, but I thought Patterson's Brcue Wayne was the worst I've seen.
I think this is the general consensus. Everyone is saying the same thing. Great as Batman but we got the Pattinson we dreaded and thought we’d get as Batman for Bruce Wayne

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this is the general consensus. Everyone is saying the same thing. Great as Batman but we got the Pattinson we dreaded and thought we’d get as Batman for Bruce Wayne
Yeah, but it seems to me that it's intentional and they're really trying to demonstrate how fucked up this guy is: unresolved trauma and PTSD.

Hard to judge right now with only the first movie done but I suspect we'll see Bruce Wayne grow up and be a different guy by the end.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Time for you to go see it..then come back and tell us what you thought..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Mr 95% so….. I definitely think his Bruce Wayne was terrible lol like actually terrible and emo/gay “you’re not my dad”.
@COVENS I tried to not think anything political and it was going good till fake news story actress was like “rich white privileged men reeeeeeeee” like give that shit a break lol.
His Batman was pretty brutal however he needs to put size on for the next movie, I still think Snyder’s bvs batman had more brute and the greatest action scene for a live action batman of all time. I just wish they let him continue with that.
@Hacky McAxe
I do like that they didn’t over do catwomans physical prowess but yeah.
Robert as actual Batman was above average and when he injected himself what looked like actually venom but probs not just emergency adrenaline and almost bashed the guy to death was great haha

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr 95% so….. I definitely think his Bruce Wayne was terrible lol like actually terrible and emo/gay “you’re not my dad”.
@COVENS I tried to not think anything political and it was going good till fake news story actress was like “rich white privileged men reeeeeeeee” like give that shit a break lol.
His Batman was pretty brutal however he needs to put size on for the next movie, I still think Snyder’s bvs batman had more brute and the greatest action scene for a live action batman of all time. I just wish they let him continue with that.
@Hacky McAxe
Robert as actual Batman was above average and when he injected himself what looked like actually venom but probs not just emergency adrenaline and almost bashed the guy to death was great haha
I thought it was Venom too, or just a precursor maybe, but his tech isn't far enough along so probably just adrenaline as you said.

Hopefully that guy at the end isn't in #2

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was Venom too, or just a precursor maybe, but his tech isn't far enough along so probably just adrenaline as you said.

Hopefully that guy at the end isn't in #2
Was there a post credit scene?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
D
@Hacky McAxe
Not bad!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe have you watched Kingsman yet? I watched it last night. There are very strong connections to the first 2 movies and they explain the origins of it well, but it’s not nearly as funny as it’s more about (in my opinion) world war 2 even though it’s set at the time of world war 1.

7/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe have you watched Kingsman yet? I watched it last night. There are very strong connections to the first 2 movies and they explain the origins of it well, but it’s not nearly as funny as it’s more about (in my opinion) world war 2 even though it’s set at the time of world war 1.

7/10.
Not yet. It's on my list of movies to watch, but I heard that it's not as great as the first 2 so I haven't rushed to watch it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A spliced ending.. some boy’s wet dream...
@Hacky McAxe
Here’s the cut joker scene of the Joker..a crazy! But it seems very Ledger..

I like it but I can understand why they cut it. Based on you not seeing the Joker's face in the movie, I'm guessing they cut that scene because they're not sure if they're going to stick with that actor or that portrayal as the Joker. I think it may be too ugly for many people.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like it but I can understand why they cut it. Based on you not seeing the Joker's face in the movie, I'm guessing they cut that scene because they're not sure if they're going to stick with that actor or that portrayal as the Joker. I think it may be too ugly for many people.
Reeves said it was cut because it didn’t really add to the story..plus it wasn’t sure if he was gunna go with the Joker in future films… I too think it was very good.. Ledger’s joker would be great in Reeves’ Batman world..

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched "Cleveland Abduction" last night on Netflix. It's about the Ariel Castro kidnappings of Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Gina DeJesus, specifically through the eyes of Michelle Knights who was held captive the longest, and was deal the most abuse.

Very touching and sad at the same time, and to think that this was all in the space of about 70 minutes. Imagine what she went through over the period of 11 years.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Question for you movie buffs. If I had a spare couple of hours what should I watch?