Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched a new Netflix movie called "Copshop" with Gerard Butler and Frank Grillo. Pretty good movie and with those 2 actors you know that it's not going to be short of action, but the best actor in that film without doubt is Toby Huss who played a psychopathic assassin. Freaking brilliant, he made the movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Batman today. Highly recommend.

It's a very gritty thriller movie that happens to have Batman in it. And Twilight bloke plays a really bloody good Batman. Bit of an emo Bruce Wayne but it fits the movie well.

Reaction score
watched this the other day. like a cross between crank, kill bill and john wick.
excellent cinematography, really well shot.
critics hated it, but it's pretty good, violent action, nice guns, nice melee

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched Unchartered at the cinemas the other day - first day at the Cinema in about 9 months. Good movie, kind of a hybrid mix between Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. It's got a family movie vibe to it even though it's M15+ and is a movie that was quite enjoyable. A fair bit of action but mainly adventure and mystery. If you like Indiana Jones you'll like this.

7/10

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
watched this the other day. like a cross between crank, kill bill and john wick.
excellent cinematography, really well shot.
critics hated it, but it's pretty good, violent action, nice guns, nice melee

Have it on my "to watch" list, just haven't got around to it yet.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched Unchartered at the cinemas the other day - first day at the Cinema in about 9 months. Good movie, kind of a hybrid mix between Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. It's got a family movie vibe to it even though it's M15+ and is a movie that was quite enjoyable. A fair bit of action but mainly adventure and mystery. If you like Indiana Jones you'll like this.

7/10
I have a free ticket to it but haven't bothered going yet because the reviews are pretty average. I'm also worried it'll sour my Uncharted memories. Tom Holland is good but I'm not sure he's a good Nathan Drake. And Marky Mark is definitely not a good Sully.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's a very gritty thriller movie that happens to have Batman in it. And Twilight bloke plays a really bloody good Batman. Bit of an emo Bruce Wayne but it fits the movie well.
Saw this last night. I agree on all you've written. Good Batman, very brooding type of Bruce Wayne. Upside was that he wasn't out of the Batsuit a great amount.

I have a free ticket to it but haven't bothered going yet because the reviews are pretty average. I'm also worried it'll sour my Uncharted memories. Tom Holland is good but I'm not sure he's a good Nathan Drake. And Marky Mark is definitely not a good Sully.
Im not sure that I'll pay to see any movie with Marky Mark in it while he's affiliated with an online bookie. His role in those ads is going to make me want to gutter stomp him while watching anything he's involved in now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw this last night. I agree on all you've written. Good Batman, very brooding type of Bruce Wayne. Upside was that he wasn't out of the Batsuit a great amount.

Im not sure that I'll pay to see any movie with Marky Mark in it while he's affiliated with an online bookie. His role in those ads is going to make me want to gutter stomp him while watching anything he's involved in now.
I had the same thing with Samuel L Jackson. Had the utmost respect for him until he starting doing gambling adverts. Wasn't just that they're gambling adverts, it was him demanding to know why people aren't gambling.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Very interesting, it asked a lot of questions and gives them a lot of room to grow inside this trilogy. Loved it as a whole but I feel we can't judge it fully until we've seen the whole vision.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched The Batman.. started off a bit slow..the close ups of Patterson in the Batsuit with his eyes slowly mournfully looking around annoyed
me. However, as the film went on Patterson’s performance as Batman grew on me and by the end I found I really enjoyed the movie and his performance.. Lots of room for his character to grow in future movies.. Go see it!

ps..Batmobile is fantastic..

pps. @Realist90 have you seen it?

Last edited: