Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Pedowood still making movies?

Serious question.
I think it's more likely "attempting" to make movies but it seems most of what they are pushing out is complete garbage. Hollywood has gone too woke and it's definitely affecting the quality of said movies. That's my opinion anyway.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 17798
This is the first pic of Tom Holland as Nathan Drake. Video gamers will know Nathan Drake as the main character from the excellent Uncharted franchise. The film will also star Mark Wahlberg as Sully, Drake’s like time mentor.

For those who are unfamiliar with the character, he is basically a modern day Indiana Jones who searches for ancient artefacts. However, unlike Indy, Drake doesn’t think his discoveries belong in a museum, but rather in his pocket in the form of cash! The new movie is an origin story of the character, and set before the games adventures. Although those familiar with the game will know a younger Drake does appear in the game series.

The film is due out next year. I won’t put an exact date of release, as due to Covid-19 they keep changing. Until then, check out this excellent ‘fan film’ made film with Nathan Fillon from Fire Fly as Nathan Drake and Stephen Lang from movies like Avatar, is Sully.

I loved the Uncharted games so I will keep my eye out for this. Not sure about Tom Holland playing Nathan Drake, but i guess if they are starting the movie with when he was young and at the beginning of his adventures then I guess I can see why they went with him, but yeah be interesting to see how he goes.

Only thing that worries me, Hollywood normal stuff up most video games turned movies for some reason. It's very rare they make a decent crossover unfortunately.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved the Uncharted games so I will keep my eye out for this. Not sure about Tom Holland playing Nathan Drake, but i guess if they are starting the movie with when he was young and at the beginning of his adventures then I guess I can see why they went with him, but yeah be interesting to see how he goes.

Only thing that worries me, Hollywood normal stuff up most video games turned movies for some reason. It's very rare they make a decent crossover unfortunately.
Im hesitant too MD..it was such a masterful game series.. Hope you checked out the vid..it’s great!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone seen Tenet?

I love Christopher Nolan films typically but this was intense and almost intentionally beyond comprehension.

Would love to hear some opinions

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone seen Tenet?

I love Christopher Nolan films typically but this was intense and almost intentionally beyond comprehension.

Would love to hear some opinions
Haven't seen it yet. Was going to go to the cinemas but everyone I know who saw it said it wasn't bad but also not great. Just an average film.

Still want to see it though as I love Nolan's films.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Honest Thief

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1838556/

1604268501889.png

Wanting to lead an honest life, a notorious bank robber turns himself in, only to be double-crossed by two ruthless FBI agents.

Only the second time for me at the movies this year. I had a gift voucher so thought I'd use it.

This isn't a bad movie, about what you'd expect with Liam Neeson plays Tom, a friendly kind of guy who meets a lady and has a chance at real love. He used to Rob banks simply for the thrill, not the money. He never spent a cent of the $9,000,000 but kept it in storage. He wants to turn himself in the FBI in exchange for a reduced sentence so he can be with his love. The FBI say it'll be hard to convict him without evidence. He hands them the key to the storage where the money is being held, and they investigate. They come across the money, millions of it. You can guess what happens next.

Good action-thriller movie, glad I saw it.

8/10

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How goods this? A Lego version of the recent The Batman trailer..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After reading "The Dry" (brilliant book), I would be looking forward to the film.

Now just need someone to looks after my kids so I can see it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After reading "The Dry" (brilliant book), I would be looking forward to the film.

Now just need someone to looks after my kids so I can see it.
Just tie them up outside and leave some bottles of water.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched 6 Underground while I was working the other night. Not bad for an over the top action flick, plus I like Ryan Reynolds too. Typical Michael Bay movie. Explosions overload.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has there been any qaulity movies of late ?
Not really. Recently watched the new Bill & Ted's which was good, but not great. Also watched Palm Springs with Andy Samberg. Not a great movie but i did enjoy it quite a bit. It's basically a Groundhog Day time loop movie.

TV shows are still going strong. Season 2 of Condor was excellent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To the surprise of absolutely no one, Monster Hunter movie is apparently really, really crap. IGN gave it a 3/10

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The new Snyder cut Justice League Trailer.. I know some Kennelers were looking forward to this.. @Realist90 im sure you were one..@Hacky were you another? So here’s the trailer..looks epic.. as all Snyder films look...

Last edited: