Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 10765
Based on the graphic novels by Mike Mignola, Hellboy, caught between the worlds of the supernatural and human, battles an ancient sorceress bent on revenge.

Having never read the comic, or seen the del torro films, but being a fan of Neil Marshall movies and David Harbour and Ian mcshane, i was expecting an above standard movie, what I watched failed to deliver.

The acting for the most part was above execptional and a few scenes worked quite well but all in all the overall film was very average. A dumbed down plot, poor cgi and an end product reeking of studio interference ruined what could have been great.

2.5/5
I remember this movie came out in 2003. I saw the trailer for it and thought it (the trailer) was pretty good. I seem to have forgotten about it completely. I wonder if it's on Netflix?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember this movie came out in 2003. I saw the trailer for it and thought it (the trailer) was pretty good. I seem to have forgotten about it completely. I wonder if it's on Netflix?
That was the Guillermo del toro/Ron Pearlman version, I never saw it either

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pommy actors an films are always the best !!

So shoot me.. see if I care :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pommy actors an films are always the best !!

So shoot me.. see if I care :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Words do not justify the BEAUTY of the pommy accent.

Listen to the commentary here Scoooby - specifically @1:19 the way the commentators scream :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This movie looks really good. One for the WW1 buffs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Words do not justify the BEAUTY of the pommy accent.

Listen to the commentary here Scoooby - specifically @1:19 the way the commentators scream :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

100% mate , can’t beat it :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Thirsty aye Wahesh :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Drink up brother, drink up !!!
I just had some water man, always a good way to satisfy my thirst :grinning: (I wish there was some Johnnie Walker Black around here though).

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@The_Chimpster my brother I'm thirsty for another one of your reviews champ.
Here you go bud

images.jpeg

An arrogant radio-show host must fight for his life when his studio gets invaded by masked strangers with an agenda against him and a colleague.

After 20 minutes or so I thought this was pretty good and building steadily, but ultimately falls apart after that and just becomes an unintentional comedy, with a lot of plot holes.

Eddie Marson is solid as the lead, aside from that I thought it was pretty average.

2/5

images (1).jpeg

The story follows a group of scientists who enter "The Shimmer", a mysterious quarantined zone of mutating plants and animals.

Solid acting, pacing, nice direction, and great cinematography and overall plot make this one i really enjoyed (plus Natalie Portman is always a pleasure to watch) ;)

4/5

movie-poster-a-field-in-england-2013-EF80HM.jpg

Watched this last night seeing I like a few of the cast and generally find Ben wheatley films hit and miss, thought this one definitely fits in the latter category. Good acting, clever visuals and unique camera techniques can't make up for the jumbled, incoherent and disjointed plot, maybe if I were on mushrooms like I think the characters were It would have made more sense.

1.5/5

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, Mrs CD and I recently won a $50 movie voucher. My MiL just arrived and we have a week until the new baby comes. Great, I thought, we can sneak n a cheeky date night.

Look at movie schedule. Never seem a shitter collection of movies.

Another Toy Story
Frigging Lion King remake
Another fucking Fast and Furious.
Another fucking Spiderman
Edit: Forgot another John Wick movie... yay....

FFS. If I was ruling the world, I would put a 5 year ban on prequels, sequels, reboots, comic books etc.

Having said that, the only "original" film appears to be a movie about an English Indian dude who starts playing Beatles songs in a world where nobody has heard of the Beatles.... zzzzzz.....

Wahesh

Reaction score
Alex Cross

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1712170/?ref_=rvi_tt

A homicide detective is pushed to the brink of his moral and physical limits as he tangles with a ferociously skilled hired killer who specializes in torture and pain.

Not a bad movie. It has a few twists in it towards the end. I knew that the main antagonist looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it - it was Matthew Fox. Given the twists and turns and not everything turning out the way you'd expect, I think this movie was quite good.

7/10