Movie Discussion

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4139588/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Netflix wouldn't stop shoving this thing in my face so I thought I'd watch it just to piss it off already.

The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head to head with an army of younger killers.

This movie somehow made Vanessa Hudgens, a beautiful 30 y.o. chop look like an aging 50 year old woman. Bravo!

Not really my type of Assassin movie (way OTT), way too much swearing, blood, and ruthless killings. Some aspects of it though were entertaining, not enough to receive a pass mark though.

4/10.
Really liked this one.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 8684
This anthology adapts three stores by Scottish cult author Irvine Welsh. Boab (Stephen McCole) is kicked off his football team and out of his parents' home, loses both his job and his girlfriend and finally meets God (Maurice Roëves) in a squalid pub. Nice guy Johnny (Kevin McKidd) marries pregnant near-stranger Catriona (Michelle Gomez), who starts a tawdry affair with their upstairs neighbor (Gary McCormack). On an acid trip, teen hooligan Coco (Ewen Bremner) trades bodies with a fetus

Watched this based on South of Heaven's recommendation and very glad I did. It took me two hours to get through seeing I had to keep rewinding scenes to decipher the dialogue and the subs I had seemed to have been coded by an Asian who barely speaks English.

A great movie though. Highly recommended for anyone with a fucked up sense of humour and someone who isn't easily offended.

8/10
Loved it, big fan of drug films.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 7420
A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers
A brutal mugging leaves Grey Trace paralyzed in the hospital and his beloved wife dead. A billionaire inventor soon offers Trace a cure -- an artificial intelligence implant called STEM that will enhance his body. Now able to walk, Grey finds that he also has superhuman strength and agility -- skills he uses to seek revenge against the thugs who destroyed his life.

Good movie about the scary advancement of technology and AI we will soon be heading towards

8/10
Classic Aussie film

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoyed going back and reading Wahesh & The Chimpster film reviews.

Much easier to identify past reviews when you have the film poster due to the large number of posts.

Good work there will always be a film fanatic with enough spare time to go back at look at some of your reviews for films they enjoyed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A few new trailers for movies that look good

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few new trailers for movies that look good

Yep, I want to see all of these.

Loved the first Zombieland movie and this second one looks just as good.

Will Smith vs Will Smith, concept looks good so hopefully it is.

Good Boys just looks like a typical Seth Rogan movie, and I mean that in a good way. Trailer had me laughing so hopefully it's just a pure stupid comedy fun which I like to watch occasionally.

WU Assassin, anything to do with Triad gangs or the Yakuza and some kick ass martial arts...sign me up. Also is the main guy the same dude from The Raid movies? Anyway, this one I really wanna see.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, I want to see all of these.

Loved the first Zombieland movie and this second one looks just as good.

Will Smith vs Will Smith, concept looks good so hopefully it is.

Good Boys just looks like a typical Seth Rogan movie, and I mean that in a good way. Trailer had me laughing so hopefully it's just a pure stupid comedy fun which I like to watch occasionally.

WU Assassin, anything to do with Triad gangs or the Yakuza and some kick ass martial arts...sign me up. Also is the main guy the same dude from The Raid movies? Anyway, this one I really wanna see.
Yep. Dude from the Raid. The old bald dude is Mark Dacascos and the blonde chick is Lagertha from Vikings.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. Dude from the Raid. The old bald dude is Mark Dacascos and the blonde chick is Lagertha from Vikings.
She also plays Vivian in Polar.

Speaking of Polar, I reckon you'll like it Hacky - give it a go. It's on Netflix.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images.jpeg

Based on the graphic novels by Mike Mignola, Hellboy, caught between the worlds of the supernatural and human, battles an ancient sorceress bent on revenge.

Having never read the comic, or seen the del torro films, but being a fan of Neil Marshall movies and David Harbour and Ian mcshane, i was expecting an above standard movie, what I watched failed to deliver.

The acting for the most part was above execptional and a few scenes worked quite well but all in all the overall film was very average. A dumbed down plot, poor cgi and an end product reeking of studio interference ruined what could have been great.

2.5/5

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How can anyone sit through a whole movie or t.v show without getting numb in the head?
I started watching the pilot to snowfall and switched it off after 5 minutes!
I refuse to watch anything that glorifies drug use and portrays criminal scum to be the good guys!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can anyone sit through a whole movie or t.v show without getting numb in the head?
I started watching the pilot to snowfall and switched it off after 5 minutes!
I refuse to watch anything that glorifies drug use and portrays criminal scum to be the good guys!
Fair enough, but personally I'm a fan of drug films but mainly ones that show the ugly side of addiction:

Check out the following trailers of my favourite drug films:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrBg4OxJo87Wgk3WPmIyjmn8g6hIjcIVO

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I love a good french action movie....

This is up there

I just hope this movie is captioned in English when they talk French. Bastille Day was so frustrating to watch because whenever someone spoke in French, the captions simply said "Speaking French" - it was such a pain in the arse to sit through what was otherwise a pretty good film.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score