Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I do, but only sd seeing I'm using someone else's account and it's only basic, I barely use it.

Already found the movie online anyway :grinning:
Ok mate. Looking forward to getting a review from you too :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Maria

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7594584/

When a former BlackRose cartel assassin deliberately betrays them by refusing to complete her mission, the cartel orders her execution. Unbeknownst to them, she fakes her own death and is able to create a new life of her own. When the cartel discovers she is alive, the hunter becomes the hunted as she fights to get revenge on those who took her new life away from her.

Ok so a few pages back, you would've noticed that I saw the trailer and was looking forward to this. After watching Furie the before last, I was prepped and looking forward to this - two Netflix Asians films in 2 nights, both about mothers kicking ass. Well... that's not exactly what I got when I watched Maria. I mean it sure started out that way, but the entire complexity about the movie changed and showed us something I wish I didn't see (I won't spoil it for those wanting to watch it... you'll know if when you see it).

The trailer lead me to believe that this was going to be a 10/10 movie about a sexy La femme Nikita. Well all round the action was good but it's almost as if the story has been told many times and was weak. Perhaps if there is sequel it can make up for a few plot holes this movie left us with.

7/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Rim of the World (Netflix)

Honestly I wasn't expecting much of this movie but I really enjoyed it. It doesn't take itself too seriously and it's reminiscent of the 80's/90's kid adventure movies. But this one it definitely too violent for kids to watch.

A very fun movie to watch.

8/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Louis Creed and his wife, Rachel, relocate from Boston to rural Maine with their two young children. The couple soon discover a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near their new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his neighbour Jud Crandall, setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unspeakable evil with horrific consequences

As a fan of the book, and the original 1989 version, (even though it wasn't great, it had its moments and scared the crap out of me as a kid)

This "reboot" however is a bit of a mess. For starters the lead actor was wrong for the part and the characters were poorly written, everyone did what they could with their role but the script is subpar. Predictable twists for the hell of it and deviating too far from the source material make this one to miss.

5/10

Wahesh

Reaction score

Honestly I wasn't expecting much of this movie but I really enjoyed it. It doesn't take itself too seriously and it's reminiscent of the 80's/90's kid adventure movies. But this one it definitely too violent for kids to watch.

8/10
I've seen it advertised heavily on Netflix as of late. I reckon I'll give it a try.

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 10107
Louis Creed and his wife, Rachel, relocate from Boston to rural Maine with their two young children. The couple soon discover a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near their new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his neighbour Jud Crandall, setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unspeakable evil with horrific consequences

As a fan of the book, and the original 1989 version, (even though it wasn't great, it had its moments and scared the crap out of me as a kid)

This "reboot" however is a bit of a mess. For starters the lead actor was wrong for the part and the characters were poorly written, everyone did what they could with their role but the script is subpar. Predictable twists for the hell of it and deviating too far from the source material make this one to miss.

5/10
Yeah it doesn't really sound that appealing to me. I mean I'm a fan of violence more than horror lol, so I think I'll give this one a pass. If it doesn't impress you I doubt it would impress me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Double review time. I watched both movies back to back and chronologically the second movie takes place right where the first movie ends. So it's worth watching them back to back.

Happy Death Day

And Happy Death Day 2U

Let me just preface this by saying that I have been known to love movies that no one else likes.

The first movie is based around a woman at College who wakes up in a stranger's bed with a massive hangover on her birthday. She goes about her day and ends up getting killed. When she dies she wakes up at the start of the day again.

It's a modern day Groundhog day but it's also a horro/thriller.

I thought the movie was very well done. There's lots of black comedy thrown in. Without the Groundhog day premise and the crazy antics it leads to, this would be just another slasher flick. But the time loop adds another level to it that makes it a very enjoyable movie to watch.

Which brings me to the sequel...

Honestly, there's not much I can say about the sequel without ruining the first movie. The sequel starts right where the first movie ends. The sequel is still a slasher/thriller/horror movie but it adds a large amount of scifi in there and it also gives a decent explanation of what happened in the first movie.

For the scores:

Happy Death Day - 9/10

Happy Death Day 2U - 8/10

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

8/10
Lmfao dat (unforced) diverse friendship lol. I bet ya anything the white kid is the dope of the group and the female saves them all?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao dat (unforced) diverse friendship lol. I bet ya anything the white kid is the dope of the group and the female saves them all?
The black kid is the most useless one. But don't worry, the small Asian girl is one of heroes so you can still pick on that fact while ignoring that it's 4 kids saving the planet so it's already ridiculously illogical.

Also, the white kid is pretty much the biggest hero in the end.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The black kid is the most useless one. But don't worry, the small Asian girl is one of heroes so you can still pick on that fact while ignoring that it's 4 kids saving the planet so it's already ridiculously illogical.
Hahaha you sort of killed my trigger by acknowledging a little girl being a heroine with no super powers is ridiculous.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha you sort of killed my trigger by acknowledging a little girl being a heroine with no super powers is ridiculous.
What do you mean she doesn’t have super powers? She’s Asian. Isn’t that a super power?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

8/10
Is this movie about rimjobs... asking for a friend!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Double review time. I watched both movies back to back and chronologically the second movie takes place right where the first movie ends. So it's worth watching them back to back.

Happy Death Day

And Happy Death Day 2U

Let me just preface this by saying that I have been known to love movies that no one else likes.

The first movie is based around a woman at College who wakes up in a stranger's bed with a massive hangover on her birthday. She goes about her day and ends up getting killed. When she dies she wakes up at the start of the day again.

It's a modern day Groundhog day but it's also a horro/thriller.

I thought the movie was very well done. There's lots of black comedy thrown in. Without the Groundhog day premise and the crazy antics it leads to, this would be just another slasher flick. But the time loop adds another level to it that makes it a very enjoyable movie to watch.

Which brings me to the sequel...

Honestly, there's not much I can say about the sequel without ruining the first movie. The sequel starts right where the first movie ends. The sequel is still a slasher/thriller/horror movie but it adds a large amount of scifi in there and it also gives a decent explanation of what happened in the first movie.

For the scores:

Happy Death Day - 9/10

Happy Death Day 2U - 8/10
Question about the first one: In Groundhog Day, he wakes up realising he's re-living the same day over and over again. Is it the same in this film?

Also, are they available on Netflix?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Question about the first one: In Groundhog Day, he wakes up realising he's re-living the same day over and over again. Is it the same in this film?

From what I remember yes..she does know.. I didn’t mind it either..keeps you guessing..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Same thing. Each day she wakes up in a guy's dorm room with a hangover and each day she remembers everything that happened before the day reset. If you've ever watched the TV Show "Daybreak" with Taye Diggs, it has some similarities with that too. If you haven't seen that series then I'd suggest it. It's a very good series but unfortunately it was axed before they made a second season. The second season was going to follow the events of the following day.

Nah. I watched them via other means.