Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

There's a single piece of land around Flagstone with water on it, and rail baron Morton (Gabriele Ferzetti) aims to have it, knowing the new railroad will have to stop there. He sends his henchman Frank (Henry Fonda) to scare the land's owner, McBain (Frank Wolff), but Frank kills him instead and pins it on a known bandit, Cheyenne (Jason Robards). Meanwhile, a mysterious gunslinger with a score to settle (Charles Bronson) and McBain's new wife, Jill (Claudia Cardinale), arrive in town.

Saw this for the first time last night and was blown away. Everything from the opening frame to the closing credits: the beautiful score, the framing, direction and performances are all a masterclass of filmmaking. Truly a film for the ages and is simply one of the finest westerns I've ever seen.

10/10

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 10000
There's a single piece of land around Flagstone with water on it, and rail baron Morton (Gabriele Ferzetti) aims to have it, knowing the new railroad will have to stop there. He sends his henchman Frank (Henry Fonda) to scare the land's owner, McBain (Frank Wolff), but Frank kills him instead and pins it on a known bandit, Cheyenne (Jason Robards). Meanwhile, a mysterious gunslinger with a score to settle (Charles Bronson) and McBain's new wife, Jill (Claudia Cardinale), arrive in town.

Saw this for the first time last night and was blown away. Everything from the opening frame to the closing credits: the beautiful score, the framing, direction and performances are all a masterclass of filmmaking. Truly a film for the ages and is simply one of the finest westerns I've ever seen.

10/10
This movie got an 8.5 on IMDB - and that's a very high score for that website. Might be worth watching one day. I don't mind the occasional western every now and then. I used to love Cowboys & Indians as a child. I always used to go for the cowboys lol. (not offence @Indiandog).

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This movie got an 8.5 on IMDB - and that's a very high score for that website. Might be worth watching one day. I don't mind the occasional western every now and then. I used to love Cowboys & Indians as a child. I always used to go for the cowboys lol. (not offence @Indiandog).
Usually I take imdb scores with a grain of salt, (especially with newer films) but found if the movie is a classic the scores are somewhat accurate

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 10000

10/10
Great movie

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

None taken

Red indians are not Indians anyway.

That’s the name one lost guy call Columbus gave to native Americans cos he thought he was in India and was too embarrassed to admit to his crew that he got lost .

I am surprised he didn’t name that part of North America as New India.

Wahesh

Reaction score
None taken

Red indians are not Indians anyway.

That’s the name one lost guy call Columbus gave to native Americans cos he thought he was in India and was too embarrassed to admit to his crew that he got lost .

I am surprised he didn’t name that part of North America as New India.
Did you ever watch Rules of Engagement? Timmy (below) always used to cop shit from Russell (David Spade) for being Indian, and Russell would often make references (insults) to Timmy in the form of the Native Americans, to which Timmy would reply "For the 100th time I'm NOT THAT KIND OF INDIAN" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I freaking love that show!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Liar Liar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119528/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A fast-track lawyer can't lie for 24 hours due to his son's birthday wish after he disappoints his son for the last time.

This movie is hilarious. It's Jim Carrey at his best. The way this guy can pull faces is unbelievable. There is no violence in this movie, just pure comedy. So many things you wouldn't see coming happen in this movie - when you least expect them too! Vintage 90s comedy movie.

8/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Liar Liar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119528/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A fast-track lawyer can't lie for 24 hours due to his son's birthday wish after he disappoints his son for the last time.

This movie is hilarious. It's Jim Carrey at his best. The way this guy can pull faces is unbelievable. There is no violence in this movie, just pure comedy. So many things you wouldn't see coming happen in this movie - when you least expect them too! Vintage 90s comedy movie.

8/10.
That whole, "The Pen is Rrrr..." scene is one of the funniest things I've seen.

I love the blooper reals too. They show that he ad-libbed a large chunk of the movie and each take he cracked a different joke.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That whole, "The Pen is Rrrr..." scene is one of the funniest things I've seen.

I love the blooper reals too. They show that he ad-libbed a large chunk of the movie and each take he cracked a different joke.
The movie is hilarious. Especially the moments that aren't even meant to be that funny, such as he he walks into court and slams the door hard and startles himself, when he objects to himself, and when he bashes himself up in the bathroom lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh.. should’ve ended it all after T2.. Whole theme was ‘Fate is what we make’..now its..’How much can we make’..just a money grab.. Like the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchise..live remakes of ‘recent’ classics like Aladdin, Lion King.. Sometimes you just gotta leave things alone..or what for it..take a chance and give someone with a new idea a go..exactly how the classics..like Star Wars, Terminator, Indy, got their go.. Too much of this ‘safe option’..banking on ‘loyal’ audiences or nostalgia..

Sheesh..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh.. should’ve ended it all after T2.. Whole theme was ‘Fate is what we make’..now its..’How much can we make’..just a money grab.. Like the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchise..live remakes of ‘recent’ classics like Aladdin, Lion King.. Sometimes you just gotta leave things alone..or what for it..take a chance and give someone with a new idea a go..exactly how the classics..like Star Wars, Terminator, Indy, got their go.. Too much of this ‘safe option’..banking on ‘loyal’ audiences or nostalgia..

Sheesh..
Yep. At least, kind of. This is the movie that Cameron was planning to make after T2. But time and movie rights got in the way. Hence why we had all these weird sequels. Now that he has the rights back, he can make the movie again. This is taking place after T2 and ignoring the fact that the other movies exist.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 10000

10/10
Sounds like a white movie.
3/10 for me.
I bet ya there’s not even a strong female in it.
Pffffff

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

So we have another case of fragile white men leaving disgusting comments (saying they won’t watch it, coz they don’t believe in a political ideology the show is propagating), along with dislike bombing the shit out of it. Thankfully YouTube has tried to delete those terrible attacking comments and tried to rebalance the like/dislike ratio.

@Hacky McAxe

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a white movie.
3/10 for me.
I bet ya there’s not even a strong female in it.
Pffffff
If you weren't clearly joking I'd say you have no clue what you're on about and have an appalling taste In movies ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

So we have another case of fragile white men leaving disgusting comments (saying they won’t watch it, coz they don’t believe in a political ideology the show is propagating), along with dislike bombing the shit out of it. Thankfully YouTube has tried to delete those terrible attacking comments and tried to rebalance the like/dislike ratio.

@Hacky McAxe
I agree with the YouTube comments. It looks like absolute over the top PC bullshit. In the trailer alone she mentions that she's a woman at least 10 times.

I like strong female characters in shows as long as they're just acting like strong characters. When they have to point out that they are a strong female character 3 times in a single conversation, the show may as well be about Vegans.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with the YouTube comments. It looks like absolute over the top PC bullshit. In the trailer alone she mentions that she's a woman at least 10 times.

I like strong female characters in shows as long as they're just acting like strong characters. When they have to point out that they are a strong female character 3 times in a single conversation, the show may as well be about Vegans.
Lol the part people are really tolling their eyes over is where she doesn’t need a mad yet uses all of Bruce Wayne’s things lol.
She also gets super triggered by people assuming her gender when they think she Batman lollllll. Well at least I know you’re not completely left so there’s still hope haha