Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wahesh, these are for you :grinning:

View attachment 9612
Reeling from a traumatic tour of duty in Afghanistan, Joey, a former special forces soldier, returns to London to face another kind of war: life on the streets as a damaged, homeless veteran. In an attempt to rehabilitate himself, Joey assumes another man's identity and seeks the aid of Sister Cristina, a young nun who works at an inner-city parish.

Thought this would suck but wow, how wrong I was. Again, statham actually acts here, and does it well and barely even shoots a gun or punches anyone though the entire runtime

8/10
@The_Chimpster I watched Hummingbird last night mate. Great movie. The usual type of Statham movie we've become used to. To be honest I was expecting a bit more at the climax when he lifted that bloke off the building :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Anyone here who knows me knows I love my Filipina women. That said...

upload_2019-5-10_13-46-29.png

FUCKING BRING IT ON!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I'm expecting someone of your caliber to enter a review for something along the lines of Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile by now!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2481498/
Haven't watched it yet. It is lined up to watch but I haven't got around to it yet.

I just started watching Happy Death Day 2U and 10 minutes in I realised that it's a sequel. So I had to go find Happy Death Day and now I have to watch that.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Chad (Aaron Eckhart) and Howard (Matt Malloy) are junior executives working in the Midwest who are sent on a six-week business trip, with Howard in charge of the project. Both are suffering from recent breakups with their girlfriends, and, in a twisted game of male domination, they vengefully plot to both romance a deaf secretary (Stacy Edwards) with the intention of simultaneously breaking up with her and thus destroying her fragile self-esteem.

Its tough to say what impressed me most about this movie, the crisp dialog, tremendous acting, or the intense story that hit home in a lot of ways. they don't make em like this anymore.

9/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 9969
Chad (Aaron Eckhart) and Howard (Matt Malloy) are junior executives working in the Midwest who are sent on a six-week business trip, with Howard in charge of the project. Both are suffering from recent breakups with their girlfriends, and, in a twisted game of male domination, they vengefully plot to both romance a deaf secretary (Stacy Edwards) with the intention of simultaneously breaking up with her and thus destroying her fragile self-esteem.

Its tough to say what impressed me most about this movie, the crisp dialog, tremendous acting, or the intense story that hit home in a lot of ways. they don't make em like this anymore.

9/10
Bro please tell me this is on Netflix??

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I must be in the vast minority of people who didn't care much for the first one and thought the mini series was a lot better despite the hallmark feel, shitty acting and awful effects in part II, it still had Tim Curry

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I must be in the vast minority of people who didn't care much for the first one and thought the mini series was a lot better despite the hallmark feel, shitty acting and awful effects in part II, it still had Tim Curry
I loved the mini-series but I also loved the remake.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Other Guys

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386588/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Two mismatched New York City detectives seize an opportunity to step up like the city's top cops, whom they idolize, only things don't quite go as planned.

I remember when I first saw the ad for this movie, I wanted to see it so bad. Now that I've seen it, I feel very let down. I mean every now and then there's a funny bit, but apart from that, it's a pretty boring movie. Do not recommend.

4/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Other Guys

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386588/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Two mismatched New York City detectives seize an opportunity to step up like the city's top cops, whom they idolize, only things don't quite go as planned.

I remember when I first saw the ad for this movie, I wanted to see it so bad. Now that I've seen it, I feel very let down. I mean every now and then there's a funny bit, but apart from that, it's a pretty boring movie. Do not recommend.

4/10.
It's such a terrible movie but for some reason I've seen it 3 times.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's such a terrible movie but for some reason I've seen it 3 times.
I'll be honest, I didn't get to watch it cleanly because of some noise and distractions etc... so I might see it once more just to follow it and the transcript more closely, but doubt it will make much of a difference.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images.jpeg

A chronicle of the crimes of Ted Bundy, from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, who refused to believe the truth about him for years.

Aside from efron's portrayal as bundy which was very well done I found this to be nothing more than a glossy, superficial cash grab with a misleading title - the only thing extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile about this movie is how mundane and boring it is. If your after a decent documentary watch the Ted Bundy tapes instead, it's miles ahead of this rubbish.

4/10

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 9982
A chronicle of the crimes of Ted Bundy, from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend, who refused to believe the truth about him for years.

Aside from efron's portrayal as bundy which was very well done I found this to be nothing more than a glossy, superficial cash grab with a misleading title - the only thing extremely wicked, shockingly evil and vile about this movie is how mundane and boring it is. If your after a decent documentary watch the Ted Bundy tapes instead, it's miles ahead of this rubbish.

4/10
The length of the title is putting me off.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just saw a few movies, having been flying around a bit lately.

I'm posting this to remind myself to post something more detailed when I have time, but basically I saw Green Book, Crazy Rich Asians, the Mule and Rock n Rolla during the past month. Mixed bag. Reviews to follow.

Edit: I also saw Get Out.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Darc

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4594836/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2

To bring down a global human trafficking ring, an Interpol agent recruits the help of a brutal criminal with inside knowledge of the yakuza.

Well this movie was something else. I think it actually matches Kill Bill volume 1 in terms of blood - there is just that much of it. The body count probably even comes very close - and this includes Kill Bill's Crazy 88 scene.

I'll put it this way... if you like blood, precision gun shots, sword and knife fights, unarmed hand-to-hand combat, fast cars, sex scenes, sexual violence, swearing, and hot women, then this is the movie for you.

@The_Chimpster I'm looking forward to YOUR review of this Netflix exclusive brother!

8/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Falcon Rising

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2295722/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_29

John 'Falcon' Chapman is an ex-marine in Brazil's slums, battling the yakuza outfit who attacked his sister and left her for dead.

Ok so the storyline probably isn't anything fresh. It's about a guy who goes to Brazil to avenge the brutal attack of his sister who was left for dead. While down there he comes into contact with the Brazilian police who turn out to be corrupt, and uncovers a human trafficking ring that is being run by the Japanese Yakuza. So the storyline wasn't that exciting... HOWEVER... I want give special mention to Michael Jai White who was close to 50 when this movie was being filmed. That man has to be one of the best Martial Arts actors ever to gracec our screens. I couldn't believe how good the moves he pulled off were even though it was a movie. This kept me wanting more and wanting the next action scene to come on. I highly recommend this movie as an action flick if someone is in the mood for one.

8/10.