Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

A former boxer loses his job as an auto mechanic, and his troubled marriage is about to expire. At this crossroads in his life, he feels that he has no better option than to work as a drug courier. He soon finds himself in a gunfight between police officers and his own ruthless allies. When the smoke clears, Bradley is badly hurt and thrown in prison, where his enemies force him to commit acts of violence that turn the place into a savage battleground.

Watched this based off a recommendation a mate of mine went on about as I normally can't stand Vince Vaughn, but credit where it's due the guy surprised me here and I'm glad I watched it. A fantastic throwback 80's uncompromising, gritty prison movie that delivers in spades.

8/10

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 9774

A former boxer loses his job as an auto mechanic, and his troubled marriage is about to expire. At this crossroads in his life, he feels that he has no better option than to work as a drug courier. He soon finds himself in a gunfight between police officers and his own ruthless allies. When the smoke clears, Bradley is badly hurt and thrown in prison, where his enemies force him to commit acts of violence that turn the place into a savage battleground.

Watched this based off a recommendation a mate of mine went on about as I normally can't stand Vince Vaughn, but credit where it's due the guy surprised me here and I'm glad I watched it. A fantastic throwback 80's uncompromising, gritty prison movie that delivers in spades.

8/10
I did hear about this but didn't get around to watching it. Is it on Netflix? If so I'll give it a go. Not sure how I'll respond though as I'm used to Vince staring in comedy movies lol.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really loved End Game. Try to see it ASAP to avoid spoilers if you care.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Endgame was a little overrated but still a very good movie and very enjoyable.

The audience gave me the shits though. They kept clapping every time anything happened. Even pointless shit. They'd just keep clapping.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If that's the case I'm glad there isn't any arse shots.
There is a series Assassin called Resurrection Ertugul. Not sure if u have seen it. Its on going with 6 seasons. Love the series. First couple of episodes i thought it was a bit sus but its a true story. Done in the year around 1250 About a turkish tribe with ertugul their leader. His son osman becomes osman the great. He fights to keep his tribe alive against the monguls and Byzantines. He unites the turkish tribes into a major force i believe , i havent got there yet as i am up to season 6 and there still adding episodes every few weeks online. Netflix has 3 seasons i am watching the rest online as they have to do subtitles because its in turkish. Sure u will like it.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What is it with people clapping at movies?? Most ridiculous thing I've ever observed.
The Mrs had the shits at me 'cause as soon as they stopped clapping I said very loudly, "they can't hear you"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What is it with people clapping at movies?? Most ridiculous thing I've ever observed.
The Mrs had the shits at me 'cause as soon as they stopped clapping I said very loudly, "they can't hear you"
@ASSASSIN @K E @south of heaven
I've only ever clapped once at the movies. It was Johnny Knoxville's character (some sort of hillbilly) killing some bad guy by shooting a flair gun at his bullet belt and blowing the Karmichael up. I clapped and died laughing because it's so typical of something he would do playing a hillbilly character lol

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saw endgame. 7/10 for me.
They absolutely wrecked 2 specific characters in order for some female super duper powerful woman heroines which was an absolute joke.
If they hadn’t nerfed and turned those 2 characters into just comedy fodder then there wouldn’t have been a need for the super strong women so yeah Disney is like yeah no we can’t have that. Make those men dumb and laughable and make women strong and amazing

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Endgame was a little overrated but still a very good movie and very enjoyable.

The audience gave me the shits though. They kept clapping every time anything happened. Even pointless shit. They'd just keep clapping.
The cheer and clap was so forced and white knightish when black panther came in with bald black chick and a chipmunk looking black chick.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just saw endgame. 7/10 for me.
They absolutely wrecked 2 specific characters in order for some female super duper powerful woman heroines which was an absolute joke.
If they hadn’t nerfed and turned those 2 characters into just comedy fodder then there wouldn’t have been a need for the super strong women so yeah Disney is like yeah no we can’t have that. Make those men dumb and laughable and make women strong and amazing
I found those scenes funny and I didn't mind the strong female scenes (even if they were forced) 'cause I'm not a woman hating mysoginist, but I do agree that they did ruin the characters a bit.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I found those scenes funny and I didn't mind the strong female scenes (even if they were forced) 'cause I'm not a woman hating mysoginist, but I do agree that they did ruin the characters a bit.
My mrs must be a woman hating misogynist as well coz she rolled her eyes at those scenes as well lol.
But yeah it was a very powerful and amazing non forced scene of women bravery.

Sleeping on it, I still can’t believe they didn’t give hulk a rematch for the last fkn avengers movie before it goes full blown feminist assembles phase. But yeah if hulk and Thor were full powered and not nerfed and females buffed, there’s be no reason for The strong heroines in the movie lol. Maybe I’m just too sexist to appreciate a cucked hulk and cuck thor to allow for a gender quota in super heroes and heroines

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My mrs must be a woman hating misogynist as well coz she rolled her eyes at those scenes as well lol.
But yeah it was a very powerful and amazing non forced scene of women bravery.

Sleeping on it, I still can’t believe they didn’t give hulk a rematch for the last fkn avengers movie before it goes full blown feminist assembles phase. But yeah if hulk and Thor were full powered and not nerfed and females buffed, there’s be no reason for The strong heroines in the movie lol. Maybe I’m just too sexist to appreciate a cucked hulk and cuck thor to allow for a gender quota in super heroes and heroines
I said it was forced too. I rolled my eyes a little too 'cause it was an obvious "girl power" scene. But in the end what happened to Captain Marvel? Did she beat Thanos?

The Hulk stuff kinda shit me. Really wanted to see him go all out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently all over social media people are pissing others off by spoiling the end of the movie LOL