Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get me started on Solo and whatsherface's story. She goes off to have adventures and you're thinking "I'm sure we'll find out what happened to her in a future movie" Then you realise that you won't. Because those future movies were made 40 years ago.
Exactly.. just no idea about continuity..or no desire for it..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And Ripley and Sarah Connor were human. This one is a space wizard.
Lots of movies and video games have female protagonists, Tomb Raiders another big one. That said I think they are making it a little too much the focus of films these days.

By that I mean instead of a movie being "PLOT - A space Jedi warrior fighting for intergalactic justice, who is Luke Skywalkers sister and a trained Jedi who fights alongside Luke." instead in recent times it's "PLOT - LOOK A STRONG FEMALE.. A FEMALE space jedi warrior WHO IS A POWERFUL WOMAN WHO CAN DO ANYTHING BECAUSE SHES EQUAL TO LUKE fighting for intergalactic justice, and needs NO MAN helping her out because shes INDEPENDENT and can do it ALL ON HER OWN!!".

Again I'm not against woman in movies (or in lead roles), but they need to stop making it so obvious. Captain Marvel is another one recently they did it in, and even The Incredibles 2 and Ralph Wrecks the Internet they forced the line too much.

They just need to dial it back a bit and stop ruining movies by pushing a clear agenda in them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lots of movies and video games have female protagonists, Tomb Raiders another big one. That said I think they are making it a little too much the focus of films these days.

By that I mean instead of a movie being "PLOT - A space Jedi warrior fighting for intergalactic justice, who is Luke Skywalkers sister and a trained Jedi who fights alongside Luke." instead in recent times it's "PLOT - LOOK A STRONG FEMALE.. A FEMALE space jedi warrior WHO IS A POWERFUL WOMAN WHO CAN DO ANYTHING BECAUSE SHES EQUAL TO LUKE fighting for intergalactic justice, and needs NO MAN helping her out because shes INDEPENDENT and can do it ALL ON HER OWN!!".

Again I'm not against woman in movies (or in lead roles), but they need to stop making it so obvious. Captain Marvel is another one recently they did it in, and even The Incredibles 2 and Ralph Wrecks the Internet they forced the line too much.

They just need to dial it back a bit and stop ruining movies by pushing a clear agenda in them.
Calm down Realist :p

Kinda sounds like you didn't watch the second movie. Luke saved her even after she dissed him.

Captain Marvel had a little of that but not much. The main problem with Captain Marvel was that Larson came out with a big feminist rant. But in the movie it was nothing like that. She wasn't more powerful than any man until the end and she was only powerful because of a power given to her by someone else.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the not on who thinks the new Hellboy movie looks pretty ordinary?

I normally don't get involved with comic book movie adaptation discussion, but surely Ron Perlman IS Hellboy?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the not on who thinks the new Hellboy movie looks pretty ordinary?

I normally don't get involved with comic book movie adaptation discussion, but surely Ron Perlman IS Hellboy?
It's getting pretty horrible reviews. One review I watch said, "do yourself a favour. Watch the Ron Perlman Hellboy movies and avoid this train wreck"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's getting pretty horrible reviews. One review I watch said, "do yourself a favour. Watch the Ron Perlman Hellboy movies and avoid this train wreck"
Ron Perlman has a rather weirs looking face, which seemed to make him perfect for the role.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Fast and the Furious

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0232500/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Los Angeles police officer Brian O'Connor must decide where his loyalty really lies when he becomes enamored with the street racing world he has been sent undercover to destroy.

Back to where it all began for me this weekend. I can't get enough of the colourful JDM cars in this movie along with all the action. The movie had one of the best storylines in the F&F franchise and it's amazing to see how young all the actors looked back then. It's a great movie if you're looking to combine action and street racing plus a great storyline.

8/10.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I’ve taught you well my young apprentice.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Dude this was the main event at WrestleMania 35... it shat me to tears...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Vincent Schiavelli?
*jump* ... wow .. yes before he passed he was most definitely in that catagory.

I’ve taught you well my young apprentice.
The power was always within me... it's just I have a higher tolerance threshold for the PC brigade before I have to vent.

Dude this was the main event at WrestleMania 35... it shat me to tears...

I figured it out @Wahesh .. left to right.

NO TITS > REAL TITS > FAKE TITS.

Wahesh

Reaction score
*jump* ... wow .. yes before he passed he was most definitely in that catagory.

The power was always within me... it's just I have a higher tolerance threshold for the PC brigade before I have to vent.

I figured it out @Wahesh .. left to right.

NO TITS > REAL TITS > FAKE TITS.
Ronda Rousey has no tits either lol...

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don't find Ronda Roussey the least bit attractive. She absolutely does nothing to me in terms of attractive. She is one of the least attract women in the locker room. She's ahead of a few of the freak shows in the locker room though. Anyway, enough about wrestling... back to movies!