News Moves to oust board

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How many grand finals did we win under Folkes and Moore?
The reality is that this club should have a lot more premierships. I don’t know why we should be looking at the last 30 years as anything but missed opportunities. No era really delivered on it’s potential and I’m definitely not seeing Folkes/Moore that much better than the Hasler era
Moore only coached 2.5 years before he was tossed for the Despot. Under Folkesy we likely would’ve won in 2002 if it wasn’t for the grubs then in the boardroom doing dodgy deals. 2006 was another missed opportunity. 1998 we fell in a heap in the second half of the GF...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, Greenberg appointed Hasler in full control,
Dib sacked Cleal and six more of Hasler's people then stripped Hasler from full control
Trusting and then re-signing Hasler was solely his mistake.
He should have done what the three bulldogs greats Turvey, Peponis and Ba advised him to do !!!
Green berg may have given Hasler full control, but he did not keep an eye on the situation on how things were progressing.
Mate Dib said at the AGM where he was ousted that they did make mistakes, I was there and heard it with my own ears, Dib should've realised much earlier what was happening with our juniors, and sacked Cleal much earlier, the signings of dead man walking Foran and Shella Woods were massive mistakes, the last 2 year contract he gave Hasler was another monumental blunder, ie. 4 BIG BIG mistakes.
It occurred to me after the event that Dib wanted to imitate Politis but was busy with his own business so he put all his trust in Hasler, and took his eye off the ball, it also appears as though the other members of his board may have been good business people but were only the yes men he wanted, except for Turvey of course.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh yeah of course haha. Same way Dib laid our foundations lol
He actually did and deserves credit for that but then fucked it all up giving Hasler all that power, miscalculating/guessing what the salary cap would be & neglecting our juniors

Reactions: ATT

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And with Foran exiting thankfully that chapter will close. I don’t consider Baz to have Beagle-itis, he just happened to earn a quid for a while at Crookvale and got the hell out of Dodge when he opened his eyes - even leaving his plastic chairs in that club - the Proctologist’s dream :-).
Lets hope so, my Jury is still out on Barrett but I look forward to him showing everyone that he is ready to bring us back on the field and with our Junior programs.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moore only coached 2.5 years before he was tossed for the Despot. Under Folkesy we likely would’ve won in 2002 if it wasn’t for the grubs then in the boardroom doing dodgy deals. 2006 was another missed opportunity. 1998 we fell in a heap in the second half of the GF...
All true mate except 1998. I was there and although we led at half time you just knew the shear class of the mob on the other side was going to get us unless they had a Bradbury..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He actually did and deserves credit for that but then fucked it all up giving Hasler all that power, miscalculating/guessing what the salary cap would be & neglecting our juniors
Don't forget re-signing Hasler shortly before sacking him and pretending that he was never re-signed even though he held a presser saying he was happy to re-sign Hasler.. the guy was a muppet of epic proportions.. don't forget he also appointed raelene..

When you add it all up , he did a lot more than you think..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't forget re-signing Hasler shortly before sacking him and pretending that he was never re-signed even though he held a presser saying he was happy to re-sign Hasler.. the guy was a muppet of epic proportions.. don't forget he also appointed raelene..

When you add it all up , he did a lot more than you think..
I was trying to be nice mate haha. Very true.
I hate the prick but he did some good, just a lot more fuck ups than achievements

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All true mate except 1998. I was there and although we led at half time you just knew the shear class of the mob on the other side was going to get us unless they had a Bradbury..
Facts Baz?
I quote Axel Foley: ‘You’ve changed, man’. :-).

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can say this without being racist... Lebs can't run anything, everything they touch turns to shit. Also have the world's worst case of tall poppy syndrome.

Other Lebos would agree with me.
And this petition calls for Anderson, Dunn and Ballesty to be removed. Is that a Leb agenda.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Agreed, and how many players came in via Cleal and Hasler that helped get us in the GF in 12 and 14? SheRex?

Instead we saw Cooke, Finucane, TapouEnnis and Idris all let go or leave under thier watch. Biggest mistake ever letting the Brookvale disease into our club.
Not to mention how many leaders we let go. Prichard , Ennis, Graham. Leadership wins Games not tactics.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If this is true, then we need to ask the question, Who takes over?

Someone new? If so who?

If it is Dib then no. We made that mistake once, better not make it again. Even Parra wasn't stupid enough to bring back Fitzgerald. Dib is gone for a reason.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious..
Fmd no need to continue this discussion..
Just proving my point: the club has underachieved for the last 30 years and should have more premierships.
It’s time to stop pretending like the club was doing so well before. The reality is we have to go back to the 80’s before we can really talk about when the club was living up to its potential

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. Also we'd been playing sudden death for weeks and were spent from that massive comeback against Parramatta (I was at that game... awesome).

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't comment on here much but I'm a long time Bulldogs fan. I HATE seeing this crap OVER & OVER AGAIN. I think Lynne is out of her depth & needs to go. I know she likes to throw her weight around & Iv'e been told she also tells other board members who they can & cant hire or suggest for certain roles but then hires & appoints who ever she likes. I don't want to see the entire board go, I cant make too much of a comment about Dunn but he does have some good business brains behind him. John Khourey (no relation to the other sleezbag Coorey) is a top bloke who loves this club & bleeds Blue & white, he has a lot of business brains & i believe would make fantastic Chairman or CEO. John has put so much time into the juniors & does so much for this club behind the senses. I for one would like to see John Khourey in a leadership position at our club.

dibbie83

Waterboy
Reaction score
Does anyone involved at the moment actually care about the club itself and its success. Right at the moment just seems about ego's and power.
John Khoury only he is staying away from the shit fight

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Just proving my point: the club has underachieved for the last 30 years and should have more premierships.
It’s time to stop pretending like the club was doing so well before. The reality is we have to go back to the 80’s before we can really talk about when the club was living up to its potential
2002 to 2006 we should have won a couple . 2012 to 2015 with the right coach prob won 1 but the game was changing but the coaching at the dogs didn't. Don't forget until last year no one win back to back. Melb has been a power club for 15 years and they didn't go back to back. Folksy did it with a super team, majority was developed or recruited prior to being a superstar. They become stars here. Anyway to compare des era and have it with the folksy era is wrong. We won a gf with folks made another 1, should have won 1 or 2 more not for circumstances but he had kids , we developed and recruited the right piece. And would always be there abouts. Apart from 2012 we we all know Hasler had fuck all to do with style and development he was a fail. 2014 was a fluke .