Official Mounties (NSW Cup) 2021

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll take a step back. The partnership has nothing to do with juniors. It is a cost cutting measure for the Dogs to run a NSW cup side. And I doubt it will last more than a year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok. I'll take a step back. The partnership has nothing to do with juniors. It is a cost cutting measure for the Dogs to run a NSW cup side. And I doubt it will last more than a year.
then that is bad vision from the club IMO. Align yourself with the best junior base

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
im in the parra district coaching etc, mounties are fucking woeful, 3 biggest clubs are wenty, cabra and hills bulls. Parra are now playing all their home games out of cabra, stupid decision from the dogs, no vision for juniors. We now have to poach and pay players as Mounties have nothing.
The whole decision stinks I can’t see how it benefits the Dogs at all. The NSW Cup side is going to be so disjointed with the amount of players coming and going each week. Mounties were desperate to stay in NSW Cup and the Dogs whored themselves out to take them in.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand clubs can pull juniors from anywhere, look at Manly. But Cabra has always been in the Parra district and that is their pathway. Yes, we stole Matt Doorey (and Klemmer) but that happens regardless of who we align with for NSW Cup.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The whole decision stinks I can’t see how it benefits the Dogs at all. The NSW Cup side is going to be so disjointed with the amount of players coming and going each week. Mounties were desperate to stay in NSW Cup and the Dogs whored themselves out to take them in.
yeh it had to be financial from their leagues club, we will get no juniors from there, mounties barely field one team in each division where the other clubs field several.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I understand clubs can pull juniors from anywhere, look at Manly. But Cabra has always been in the Parra district and that is their pathway. Yes, we stole Matt Doorey (and Klemmer) but that happens regardless of who we align with for NSW Cup.
yes we can poach one or two, but id rather a whole club of junior prospects coming through

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeh it had to be financial from their leagues club, we will get no juniors from there, mounties barely field one team in each division where the other clubs field several.
Now that Mounties and the dogs are allinged parents and their kids will be attracted to play there. Especially kids from the Campbelltown area which has a good base of juniors too.

Look at Manly having blacktown workers now, they have infiltrated the Penrith comp and have their eyes on the juniors out their. It's smart business if you ask me

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve just found out. Larkin from Westfield Sports. Has become a employee for west’s. Hence why slot juniors jumped over. Also West’s have set up a development team in conjunction with Keebra Park again. There trying to expand and finally look after the Campbeltown, Liverpool and Oran park area. So the combination of mountys instead cabbra who where offered a great deal from parra to come back. So financially and if our development works write could push kids to mountys. Hence looking to sign sharp and big frank is coaching position with Fairfield pats. So strategic wise and finance wise. Mountys now makes a lot sense

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that Mounties and the dogs are allinged parents and their kids will be attracted to play there. Especially kids from the Campbelltown area which has a good base of juniors too.

Look at Manly having blacktown workers now, they have infiltrated the Penrith comp and have their eyes on the juniors out their. It's smart business if you ask me
The Manly Blacktown workers venture has made a significant difference to the playing depth in Manlys junior sides.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve just found out. Larkin from Westfield Sports. Has become a employee for west’s. Hence why slot juniors jumped over. Also West’s have set up a development team in conjunction with Keebra Park again. There trying to expand and finally look after the Campbeltown, Liverpool and Oran park area. So the combination of mountys instead cabbra who where offered a great deal from parra to come back. So financially and if our development works write could push kids to mountys. Hence looking to sign sharp and big frank is coaching position with Fairfield pats. So strategic wise and finance wise. Mountys now makes a lot sense
that makes no sense at all.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea who Larkin is and i had heard pritchard was working with wests tigers.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
that makes no sense at all.
Trying to stop being pushed out of the corridor and still getting kids from Campbeltown, Oran park. And hand picking the good kids from parra. Gives us a opportunity

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trying to stop being pushed out of the corridor and still getting kids from Campbeltown, Oran park. And hand picking the good kids from parra. Gives us a opportunity
you have quoted larkin is working for the tigers, so we get no kids from that corridor, they all go to wests, you make no sense.
we have no pathway in that area, we have a pathway through the parra juniors and mounties are leggless, so no it is bad business decision.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you have quoted larkin is working for the tigers, so we get no kids from that corridor, they all go to wests, you make no sense.
we have no pathway in that area, we have a pathway through the parra juniors and mounties are leggless, so no it is bad business decision.
I appreciate you opionion. But I’ll agree to disagree on this one.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I appreciate you opionion. But I’ll agree to disagree on this one.
you obviously dont know the parra district and teams very well.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you obviously dont know the parra district and teams very well.
I’d suggest after reading you coach there not as well as you. It’s been a while since I last played or coached. I only try share what I hear I mean no disrespect to anyone.
finances. Position ie location however play a big part in survival. There have been lots power house junior clubs go belly up. Due to lack finances.
so in my opinion mountys arrangement seems to stabilise a junior development program. We have placed Potter on as coach. And it may take time to turn its playing stock into a cabbra or wenty. But it’s not impossible.
cheers

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are having a trial Saturday at StMarys. Going to try head out see how it goes
Yeah I know that, cheers, but the thread poses the question of when, and what time. Still have seen this question answered. Lol