Most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the Ground, not including GF's

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Few games come to mind being at them live.

2015 back to Belmore game. That night was electric.

2012 against Broncos. This game we fought back to win 20-12. Game in the balance, 14-12, Barba just lit up the field and scored the match sealer. Every game in that 2012 season was electric.

2012 prelim.

2014 semi against Manly.

A game against Parra in 2010 where Hodko kicked a field goal in GP to win in horrendous conditions.

The Broncos game in 2005 when the "bomb" went off. The noise when Sherwin scored the match sealer.
It’s funny regarding that “bomb”. In hindsight it was the bomb that ended our season. We never won a game after that Broncos game. Lost the next 5 or 6 in a row till the season finished.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 1 vs manly 2009, things were looking up, none of you pansies invaded the pitch for el masri's record.

I was there for one of the great Bulldogs tries as well, will never forget this one:

We put 60 on the rooters that day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s funny regarding that “bomb”. In hindsight it was the bomb that ended our season. We never won a game after that Broncos game. Lost the next 5 or 6 in a row till the season finished.
It was me and the boys that caught the little fucker. Got thanked by Malcom Noad with a signed jersey. Club got me to tell the story to Hadley on 2GB to shut him up.

The security were dragging him out slowly and the **** copped like 100 punches, kicks and a Bulldog mother slapping his face with her shoe lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hands down 1998 Final against Parramatta.
I was there with one other Dogs fan and 5 Parra fans.
They were giving it to us big time. What a comeback. What a feeling of satisfaction. The best game by far.
Hands down! Can you tell lol

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2003 30-0 against Melbourne in the semis is up there. I was about 9 or 10 and can still remember the "bring on the roosters" chant.

2014 semi against manly is the best iv been to though

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought I might start a thread regarding the best and most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the ground not including Grand Finals.

I've watched a few games over the years where I have been that ecstatic that I was actually overwhelmed with emotion and joy for hours after the game.

I know there have been many, but two games that come to my mind where:

1. Last round of 1991 at Belmore against the Sharks. We needed to win that game to force a midweek playoff against the Magpies in order to play finals footy. We hadn't played in the finals since 1988. Sharks were belting us 16-0, but a second half comeback by the dogs made sure we won the game 26-16. 26 unanswered points. Some of the most entertaining footy we put together and we had the likes of Ewan McGrady, Jonathan Davis, Terry Lamb who just turned it on. I'll never forget that game. We were dead and buried and gone for all money.

2. Round nine 2003 against the Roosters. The Utai Slam! We finished 2002 in last place due to being docked all our points for cheating the cap after leading the comp by a mile and heading for the minor premiership and likely premiership. Roosters won the comp and that round 9 game in 2003 was talked about all week in the media leading into the game. Both clubs knew it was war. The grudge match. It was the real premiers(us) v the fake premiers(them) and we needed to prove we were the real champs. What a game and what a feeling after woods.
I was sitting at the corner at Homebush. I started the ole ole ole chant and it sounded like half the ground was singing!! What a Friday night

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was there too. Had corporate box seats. Packed SFS Saturday night if I recall
I was in the army behind the posts.....bro, I've never had so many sweaty hugs and kisses from so many strangers lol

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kogarah 06 by far. Best output I've ever seen from a forward pack.
Back to belmore v Melbourne. We were on.
Manly semi with the field goal win in 14
All the finals series 04
Was Kogarah 06 Friday night? O’Meley, Mason, Asotasi and conic I recall bent their forwards backwards all night

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ogre destroying Gibbs. I picked first and last try scorers that night, 13+ margin and the next day got the team photo with the boys at belmore limited to 50 people framed on my wall
We absolutely lost our shit in the army even before the cuck hit the ground.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kogarah 06 by far. Best output I've ever seen from a forward pack.
Back to belmore v Melbourne. We were on.
Manly semi with the field goal win in 14
All the finals series 04
Was it Kogarah or Wollongong?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember being so pumped after the game. From memory, after that game, we weren’t in the 8, but were favourites for the premiership. I then remember the next week and watching them play Souths on a Sunday arvo. They played pathetic and got sone. Remember Makisni Richter? On the Friday night we were raving about this new kid. That game against Souths I don’t think he caught a ball all day. Worst ending to a season ever.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I remember being so pumped after the game. From memory, after that game, we weren’t in the 8, but were favourites for the premiership. I then remember the next week and watching them play Souths on a Sunday arvo. They played pathetic and got sone. Remember Makisni Richter? On the Friday night we were raving about this new kid. That game against Souths I don’t think he caught a ball all day. Worst ending to a season ever.
Wasn't he another "next SBW"?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also remembered the Good Friday, I think year 2016. We absolutely raped them in the first half. Up I think 32-0. Was nice revenge after the BS of Good Friday 2015.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh '98 V Parra is my #1.Comebacks don't get any better than that one(except if Polly's field goal attempt travelled another metre or maybe Dazza didnt rush the first conversion at 18-6).
Just quietly the week before against Newy also a big comeback was pretty great too.

1994 GF qualifier when we beat the Raiders by a point man did I give it to their supporters(very glad I wasn't there GF day however) :sweat:

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who remembers the haymakers being thrown in the crowd as Gibbs lays there asleep...