Most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the Ground, not including GF's

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who remembers being down 20-0 against the Northern Eagles in 2001 at Gosford. We ended up winning 32-30. Another great comeback. And the no look over the shoulder pass from El-Masri to Darren Smith. Cracker of a game! Gee I miss going up by 6’s when El Masri was kicking goals.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now this is bad enough for any 'Doggies fan as it's been to long for me to remember such a game but spare a thought if this question was posed to Eels fans on their site, especially the bit about "excluding Grand Finals". :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game we beat St George at Kogarah in the late 90's was pretty satisfying the game Barry Ward & Mundine had words lol

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Last game at Belmore” against the cows was epic

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My first live game was against Parra at Parra when Jamie Feeney charged down the ball with 7 or so minutes to go, regathered the ball and ran half the field to score a try. I was sick as a dog that day, shouldn't have gone to the game at all and spent half the time miserable nearly throwing up - but was one of the best first live experiences.

Last edited:

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
years ago against the Warriors, we were 24-0 down at half time.

I was in a box, free food and drink, i just got on the beers at half time to drown my sorrows.

and we ended up winning, there was hardly anyone at the game and i was going Bananas by the end.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the mid '90's we were building, like we are now, to a premiership force. Halligan came over from North Sydney and while not the best winger we've ever had, he was a good finisher but more importantly the best goal kicker I've ever seen. When we scored it was 98% of the time 6 points as he rarely missed and many of those final wins we had in the mid '90's were on his boot.

Jonathan Davies a Scottish Rugby Union convert was a great player for us for a short period. Whenever he got the ball good things happened as he was quick and another very good goal kicker for the 'Dogs.

One game that gave me great satisfaction back around the early '90's was against the Rorters at the old SFS. It was a close game but remember near half time one of the Roosters forwards looked certain to score and even had support to his inside, in Gary Freeman but thought he'd make the try line only to be cut down a few metres from the try line by a flying Darren Smith. As the half time siren sounded you could see the players heading to the sheds only for Freeman to give his team mate an almighty spray, it was beautiful to watch and both Jason and Darren Smith were great players for us but especially on this day they both were instrumental in us gaining the win over the Rorters.