Most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the Ground, not including GF's

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was only 2 years old then, but my older brother who was 14 years old at the time went to Belmore with our adult cousins and they scored free tickets to the GF from the leagues club. They ended up walking back after the win from the SCG all the way back to Belmore(15-20km) walk Lol, they were too happy to feel tired from walking!
That’s a fantastic story mate I can’t believe they walked all the way back.
Everyone was definitely on a massive high as you said the atmosphere at the ground was incredible I’ll never forget it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Final in 1967 when we ended St George's 11 year reign by 1 point, 2 tries to 1 with the final score 12-11. We were never supposed to win that game, StGeorge were unbackable favourites. But the Berries had other ideas with Kevin Ryan as Captain Coach, the great Les Johns at fullback and Johnny Greaves in the centre. The only game I have ever been to where the crowed (60k official but more like 75k) sat in stunned silence for a few seconds after the whistle as the realisation dawned that St George were done, then it erupted. Scenes of St George supporters crying which was repeated by Chook's supporters in 2004. Fun fact, that Final actually had a larger crowd than the Grand Final the next weekend.

Always a Bulldog

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Anzac Day Massacre vs Souths

Andrew Farrar try in semi

Beating St George 0-38 at Kogarah
Beating Souths on Josh Jackson 250th game

2002 beating Brisbane at the Showground

Eric Grothe Snr and his famous try

Robbo knocking down the wall

I could go on

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For the young ones in here, if you can get your hands on any of the 95 finals games, they were gripping affairs, very tense. The GF against Manly was probably the most relaxing game, lol. The games against Saints, Brisbane, and Canberra are great to rewatch.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was another recent game, thinking 2021, could have been last game of the season or thereabouts vs South’s, we had nothing to play for but pride, were pencilled in for a flogging, South’s at full strength, a bunnies player got sin binned early and we raced out to 20-0 - South’s couldn’t peg it back but wins against top 4 teams with the team we had, basically Reggie’s caliber players, was quite remarkable. Same goes for wins we had against Sharkies at Shark park under Baz, effort shown was ridiculous, Cotric sprinting both sides of the field to make defensive plays and that infamous game versus chooks, we finally had a bunker decision go our way at the death - despite the video ref clearing an obstruction, play rolled on and a foot pinky saved us.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terry Lambs last game at Belmore . . . Both of them !! Both times against the Cowboys, both times we flogged them. The first time he played his last game there, was the first time i took my boy to the footy

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1998 Final vs Parramatta
1998 Semi final vs Newcastle

2004 Semi vs Penrith
2002 Vs Newcastle

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
2002 last game against the Broncos, I was only 12 years old but everyone storming the field and carrying the players on shoulders was an awesome sight!

2009 Round 1 vs Manly. Absolutely flogging rain, wind was blowing advertising boards everywhere. A massive against the odds win and Hazem breaking the points record

2012 prelim vs Souths - Crowd was huge and loud all night

2015 vs Storm at Belmore. Fucking hell the atmosphere the night.

dogsofwar23

New Pup
Reaction score
Most satisfying....Parra premi final 98 easy...the roar of the crowd will never be beaten for those last 30 mins.
Steve Folkes quoted.."it was the best comeback he's ever witnessed since last week against the Knights" lol

I also remember in a Winfield Cup match in 1992 at Belmore vs North Sydney, massive comeback by the dogs to win 36-28 after being down by over 20 pts. Not as epic but still a great effort at the time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2012 prelim final against South's was a great atmosphere.

2009 round 6 vs Parra was my first ever live Bulldogs game. I still remember Ennis playing down the short side to set up a try right in front of me, we won 48-18 and I was in awe the whole time. Great memory

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best I’ve been to include the last home game of ‘95 when we put 60 on the Cowboys. Was to be Baa’s last home game (before his ‘comeback’ in ‘96) so it was a full house and big atmosphere.

I didn’t get to the Parra final in 98 but I was at the Knights final the week before when we came back from 16-0 down to win. That was my eldest sons first doggies game.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First game of 2004 against the scummy eels. After the drama of the alleged rape scandal we came out firing smashing the eels. First half was like 36-0 or something.
Vividly remember this, sbw debut ?
I remember the telegraph that week saying no one will go thru the massive parramatta pack
They were red hot favs

We walked thru them

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
04 Grand Final - the end!

BUT because I’m not allowed to include that - 98 Slime game!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early 80s v parra
Dragons
Manly
We won them all
Belmore packed solid
Side highlight the dick that used to breakdance at half time with the cheer girls
And skull from St.George getting smashed by our crowd

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
98 preliminary final against Parramatta
Was one of the best days of my life.
I remember that day like it was yesterday