Most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the Ground, not including GF's

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought I might start a thread regarding the best and most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the ground not including Grand Finals.

I've watched a few games over the years where I have been that ecstatic that I was actually overwhelmed with emotion and joy for hours after the game.

I know there have been many, but two games that come to my mind where:

1. Last round of 1991 at Belmore against the Sharks. We needed to win that game to force a midweek playoff against the Magpies in order to play finals footy. We hadn't played in the finals since 1988. Sharks were belting us 16-0, but a second half comeback by the dogs made sure we won the game 26-16. 26 unanswered points. Some of the most entertaining footy we put together and we had the likes of Ewan McGrady, Jonathan Davis, Terry Lamb who just turned it on. I'll never forget that game. We were dead and buried and gone for all money.

2. Round nine 2003 against the Roosters. The Utai Slam! We finished 2002 in last place due to being docked all our points for cheating the cap after leading the comp by a mile and heading for the minor premiership and likely premiership. Roosters won the comp and that round 9 game in 2003 was talked about all week in the media leading into the game. Both clubs knew it was war. The grudge match. It was the real premiers(us) v the fake premiers(them) and we needed to prove we were the real champs. What a game and what a feeling after woods.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hands down 1998 Final against Parramatta.
Never before or again have I felt such a buzz in the crowd as when we started turning that one around, so many had given up and left the ground, then came scurrying back to their seats once they got in the car and turned the radio on.

Feel sorry for anyone who left early that day.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill take all the above...too many to choose from.

Best Action replay music after scoring tries...from late 1980s
Right on Track - Breakfast club.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last round against the cowboys 1995 at Belmore.

The back to Belmore game against the storm.
That cowboys game I was on the hill and couldn’t believe what was happening. Other teams destroyed teams like that but very rarely the Bulldogs. The only thing that goes against this game for me was I didn’t know any Cowboy’s fans. The maté ship and banter between supporters is half the fun.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finals week 1 2014 was a stand out along with manly the next week. Nobody gave us a chance against Melbourne on their home turf and we absolutely destroyed them. Classic underdog victory and what we thrive on

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The year Paul Carriage waas playing for Parra and with 9 minutes left we were behind by several tries. It was also a semi. We won that game in overtime but i jizzed my pants when Pollamounta took that field goal over 40 out with about 9 seconds on the clock. That was the most amped I have ever been watching a doggies game.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few games come to mind being at them live.

2015 back to Belmore game. That night was electric.

2012 against Broncos. This game we fought back to win 20-12. Game in the balance, 14-12, Barba just lit up the field and scored the match sealer. Every game in that 2012 season was electric.

2012 prelim.

2014 semi against Manly.

A game against Parra in 2010 where Hodko kicked a field goal in GP to win in horrendous conditions.

The Broncos game in 2005 when the "bomb" went off. The noise when Sherwin scored the match sealer.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First game of 2004 against the scummy eels. After the drama of the alleged rape scandal we came out firing smashing the eels. First half was like 36-0 or something.
Ended up being 48-18 didn't it?