Most Retarded Eels fans ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
HERE are Michael and Angie Gott - the Brisbane-based Parramatta fanatics who have blown $1000 after the NRL scheduled Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt's farewell match on a Sunday night.

The Daily Telegraph reported yesterday that Hindmarsh's round-26 match against St George Illawarra will be played at 7pm on a Sunday - a horror timeslot for such a highly emotional game. The clash will also be the final game for teammate Luke Burt and Dragon Dean Young.

Michael and Angie paid $1000 to travel from Brisbane to Parramatta Stadium but will now be flying home from Sydney at kick-off time.

The couple spent $600 on return airfares with Virgin, booked two nights at the Parramatta Parkroyal for another $300 and bought match tickets for $30 each.

Unable to afford the $200 cost for changing airline tickets, Michael and Angie will still come to Sydney but miss the game.

"We'll be flying back when the game is on," Gott said. "It is unbelievable. We decided we would fly to Sydney to see two legends play their final game.

"We were unable to get time off work, so we booked a late flight back on Sunday. We figured, based on previous years, the game at worst would start at 6pm.

"The 7pm timeslot has totally ruined our plans, not to mention the wasted cost. As a protest, I'll go and watch an AFL game that weekend."

Parramatta fans flooded The Daily Telegraph offices yesterday via email, Twitter and blogs to vent their anger.

But some did admit the timeslot was the result of Parramatta's terrible season.

Most supporters were disappointed kids who will be unable to attend the game because it won't end until about 9pm on a night before a school day. There will also be a lap of honour.

A tweet from a fan, which Hindmarsh retweeted, read: "Sorry @NathanHiney my son's first NRL game was going to be your last. Won't happen at that time of day. #NRL#NORESPECT."

Other fans were equally frustrated.

Mattyeel wrote: "Absolute disgrace that Parra v Dragons game is at 7pm. More needs to be made of this, just not good enough from the NRL."

Colin Hewett blogged: "Disgusting snub for Hindy, Burt and Young with rd 26 game schedule. Would never have done this to past heroes like Locky and co."

Juzzoeel wrote: "Hindy/Burt farewell to be Sunday night ... NRL scheduling a disgrace. What's wrong with Saturday 3pm?"

And DB said: "Disgraceful. Kids will now miss the chance to farewell their heroes."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...hs-farewell-game/story-e6frexnr-1226447095946

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to judge their income, but seriously...

How the fck can they afford to fork out $1000 for a countless NRL game, yet cry poor saying they can't afford to reschedule for $200? What a load of ****!

They're either trying to get their story heard so they can milk the Eels to pay for their change of flights, or they are that fcking stupid!

And if they are that fcking stupid, they deserve to lose every cent.

Maybe they shouldn't have blown 150 bucks a night at a hotel. Parramatta has 4 star hotels for 40 bucks a night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not to judge their income, but seriously...

How the fck can they afford to fork out $1000 for a countless NRL game, yet cry poor saying they can't afford to reschedule for $200? What a load of ****!

They're either trying to get their story heard so they can milk the Eels to pay for their change of flights, or they are that fcking stupid!

And if they are that fcking stupid, they deserve to lose every cent.

Maybe they shouldn't have blown 150 bucks a night at a hotel. Parramatta has 4 star hotels for 40 bucks a night.
Or maybe they are on a tight budget and saved up accordingly based on what they were planning to do. They didn't know the time would change, so why expect them to save in a different manner? You can only say that stuff in hindsight.

I think you are just using this as a chance to bitch about Parra fans really.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Or maybe they are on a tight budget and saved up accordingly based on what they were planning to do. They didn't know the time would change, so why expect them to save in a different manner? You can only say that stuff in hindsight.

I think you are just using this as a chance to bitch about Parra fans really.
I highly doubt that. I still think they are trying to milk their club to pay for their change in flights. And fck yeah I'm using this opportunity to ***** about Parra fans! I don't deny my hate for them.

I think you just used this chance to reply to troll me tbh

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
either the daily telegraph made up the part about them not affording the ticket change or they just want to take the chance to whinge

its suspicious how the telegraph knew about this story

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
"As a protest, I'll go and watch an AFL game that weekend."

wtf ?!?!? What is there to protest ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Umm just checked and unless they are staying in the Presidential Suite at the Park Royal, it does NOT cost $300 ?!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
PS Glad he can afford a trip to the AFL, travel + Tickets + Drinks/Food etc

But he can't afford $200, what a goose

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I highly doubt that. I still think they are trying to milk their club to pay for their change in flights. And fck yeah I'm using this opportunity to ***** about Parra fans! I don't deny my hate for them.

I think you just used this chance to reply to troll me tbh
You might highly doubt that, but the fact is, you don't know for sure. So as much as you doubt it, you still don't know.

I'm not trying to troll you, I just think you are making the points you make because it's Parra fans. I hate Parra as much as the next man, but jeez I get sick of our fans slagging off other club's fans, especially for no provable reason. It's boring as ****.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would you book anything before knowing when the game is on?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might highly doubt that, but the fact is, you don't know for sure. So as much as you doubt it, you still don't know.

I'm not trying to troll you, I just think you are making the points you make because it's Parra fans. I hate Parra as much as the next man, but jeez I get sick of our fans slagging off other club's fans, especially for no provable reason. It's boring as ****.
Why do you always have to be the opposition? Just support your fellow dogs support. ffs in the sfs

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do you always have to be the opposition? Just support your fellow dogs support. ffs in the sfs
I'm not always the opposition. It's just that you only notice when I am the opposition.

No one cares about the guy who agrees with every post, that's why I am a god round here and no one gives two shits about Cheka.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does bring up some issues with the scheduling of the games... I am not for
locking in the whole season at the satrt of the year, but we should know at least
6 weeks in advance.....

Unfortunately most people just wear it...these guys are just seeking some attention...
better to send them a box of tissues instead.....

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
lol book goes opposite to Moe claiming he always goes the opposite by claiming he doesn't always go the opposite

quote me and call me pretty and I'll agree you don't always go the opposite :p

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol book goes opposite to Moe claiming he always goes the opposite by claiming he doesn't always go the opposite

quote me and call me pretty and I'll agree you don't always go the opposite :p
you are pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.