Most Hyped Junior

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Curious to see who our most hyped junior is currently. Then we can kind of follow their progression this season and see what becomes.

I've read Giordan Patea's name alot over the last few years. Set to debut in 20's come round 1. Has been with us all through the lower grades and high performance units previously.

Massive human, 6'2 - 114kg prop/backrower.

Keighran and Okunbor are probably the most likely aswell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's not our junior anyore but the hypre around Will Kerr was massive.

His name was getting thrown around 3 or 4 years ago.

Simmonson and Wakeham are getting up there now aswell.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also I'd add Woolford considering some want him starting in NRL when he has only really played Under 20's. Has he even played a game in NSW Cup ?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will Kerr was easily but he's not here anymore. Other then that Wakeham seems highly touted but not seen much of him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's not our junior anyore but the hypre around Will Kerr was massive.

His name was getting thrown around 3 or 4 years ago.

Simmonson and Wakeham are getting up there now aswell.
Whats his game like, heard on another thread that his super talented.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How filthy must the club be about Will Kerr.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Patrick Templeman.... was the most overhyped ever.

Nehe Milner Skudder was one that was hyped and went on to success.

I'd say it has to go to a player who doesn't have accolades to back up their hype. So rule out Woolford and Miller.

I'd seen Kerr play last year and never got the hype. Dead average in my opinion. Lewis and Keighran both better.

Bergamin and Lachlan Lewis would be most hyped at the moment.

Simonssen maybe, but all I see is a fast player who misses a shitload of tackles.

Okonbour has dropped off the hype train a bit.

Patea haven't heard of till I saw updated team profiles.

Keighran is still young and has others ahead of him, and Tramontana would be up there if he didn't keep getting suspended.

Strickland maybe too, but I think he's earned his hype.

So on my opinion.. Lewis and Bergamin in NSW Cup.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kerr looked awesome in those last few Holden Cup games at the end of last year but unless he had a massive growth spurt his size was going to a massive problem.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brandon Wakeham is the most talented kid coming through the system hands down.
May be- he can be good BUT attitude during a game is so up and down - today against wests he did some great things and some of the dumbest stuff you could ever see - if anyone else saw the game against wests - did he seem to be disinterested and have to be revved up throughout the game?

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
May be- he can be good BUT attitude during a game is so up and down - today against wests he did some great things and some of the dumbest stuff you could ever see - if anyone else saw the game against wests - did he seem to be disinterested and have to be revved up throughout the game?
What game were you watching, because his defence on the right hand side was brilliant, he had great energy throughout the game. His kicking game was really good and he was the one trying to Rev the boys up. Yes when there was mistakes he was shaking his head in disappointment, he made one mistake towards the end of the game with a drop ball which I thought it was the hooker Talau's fault.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching the same game - I thought he did some really good things - the kick off and regain and his defence in particular. Maybe you were closer to the play and hear what was actually being said- all I could make out were calls for "Brandon". What did you think of the game - for me - the handling was particularly bad - when they held it they looked ok .
In Harold matts the no 13 played well.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes there was too much drop ball and Brandon was getting frustrated with errors, it's just the way he is expects better. But even the work Brandon was doing away from the ball was pleasing to see.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes there was too much drop ball and Brandon was getting frustrated with errors, it's just the way he is expects better. But even the work Brandon was doing away from the ball was pleasing to see.
Don't get me wrong I think he is a real quality player but iv seen a few games where he loses his head pretty easily - I need to remember its an 18yo comp - hopefully the attitude wil be worked on n matured without losing the aggression.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of time for Kurt Picken. Will follow his career, just needs to find a position and stick with it.