Most annoying supporters in League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Which supporters do you find most annoying and why?

I personally cannot stand "The Burrow", for some reason I find all rabbit supporters annoying as ****

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Rorters - only support their team when they're winning. And now with SBW in their team they go on about him like he's a junior that built.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This year it would have to be rooster fans followed closely by souths fans.

Rooster fans used to hate SBW up till this season, now they all need knee pads.

Souths fans are acting like they already won the premiership.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Newcastle. It doesnt matter if they win the comp or win the spoon, always as dumb as dogshit.

Some supporters only seem bad when they are winning.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By a long, long way the most annoying club in the league are the Tigers – the whole outfit top to bottom is a complete fraud and a myth.

The Wests “merger” is a disgrace. It's an absolute joke the way that the Magpies have been treated. The hideous pro-Balmain bias that's prevalent in the game's administration and media is a joke. It's bad enough that they play 8 home games basically in the city (or very inner West) and only 4 games out west, The increasing marginalisation of the Magpie logo and gradual reversion back to Balmain only colours says everything about the attitude of the joint venture. This would be easier to stomach if it weren't for the fact that the Macarthur region is a way broader talent base than bloody Leichhardt and the fact that they're slowly strangling the Wests brand by pulling the supply of players to undermine one of the foundation clubs. To make matters worse, Balmain/Ryde Eastwood Leagues are basically penniless while Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown are just fine financially. To keep the joint venture going and the NSW Cup Magpies, these two Leagues clubs basically had to bankroll both, while getting none of the credit for the headline NRL act because it's all swathed in that hideous Orange. Balmain's old guard is basically sucking the junior ranks and the money from another club while throwing them the token bone of 4 games a year, and no finals games.

I'd like to see the Wests Leagues clubs threaten to pull the pin on the venture to force Balmain to give them a fairer deal. In terms of finances, the Pies are better set than the Tigers alone. In terms of junior talent base, they're better set. It's only a few influential supporters and a great name and heritage (no premierships 1969-1999, though!) which Balmain bring to the table. The pin will likely never be pulled, but I'd love to see the old Western Suburbs call their bluff until a better deal comes along for them.

The number of ex-Balmain players who push their bias in Rugby League media is horrible. Channel 9’s constant excitement over games at Leichhardt is sickening, especially when they don’t get nearly as pumped up about other suburban grounds. It’s a hole with nightmarish roads and parking around.

Every time a Wests junior comes through, the media love-in is always overboard. James Tedesco (a Campbelltown junior, of course) was almost hailed as the saviour of the sport before he even played a first grade game. His knee injury during his debut was handled with sufficient tragedy by Channel 9, you’d think someone had died. Tim Moltzen was appointed as a superstar before people slowly realised he wasn’t worth the hype coming out of old Balmain blowhards. Don’t get me started on Curtis Sironen, a guy you’d never have heard of if his name was Curtis Smith. All the excitement over seeing a guy that size play 5/8 is bogus – it’s only a bonus if he’s any good. Currently, he’s either a fat halves player or a mediocre forward who fancies he has a passing game (a la Fat Dave Taylor).

Ben Elias’s business dealings always appear to be on the brink of landing him in jail, yet his self-serving opinion keeps getting plenty of ink.

As much as I loathe much of the Tigers support, I almost feel sorry for them too. No other supporters read or hear as much hype or bias towards their own club. It must be tough when reality keeps contradicting what they are led to believe.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
well said mate, Fuck I hate it every year hearing how the Tigers are going to be a premiership force. I'm sure even their players are saying STFU to the media when it comes to hype.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any bandwagoners. You supprt your teams through the highs and lows. Just about everyone at my work knows which team I support.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It has to the st merge big red v lizards who have squezzed out the illawarra steelers as much as possible...
Illawarra dragonslayers sounds better hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Any bandwagoners. You supprt your teams through the highs and lows. Just about everyone at my work knows which team I support.
Anyone I have met knows I'm a Bulldog lol always manage to bring them up somehow lol

B

bulldogs_fan_69

roosters -> manly -> souths. always hated roosters fans..

i'd also say dragons if they didn't have hot female supporters

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters and Warriors. Both fair weather fan bases.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos fans are all shit *****

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
In order:

Dragons
Manly
Eels
Roosters
Knights
souFFS
Tigers
Sharks (Always the victims, its never their fault)

By a long, long way the most annoying club in the league are the Tigers – the whole outfit top to bottom is a complete fraud and a myth.

The Wests “merger” is a disgrace. It's an absolute joke the way that the Magpies have been treated. The hideous pro-Balmain bias that's prevalent in the game's administration and media is a joke. It's bad enough that they play 8 home games basically in the city (or very inner West) and only 4 games out west, The increasing marginalisation of the Magpie logo and gradual reversion back to Balmain only colours says everything about the attitude of the joint venture. This would be easier to stomach if it weren't for the fact that the Macarthur region is a way broader talent base than bloody Leichhardt and the fact that they're slowly strangling the Wests brand by pulling the supply of players to undermine one of the foundation clubs. To make matters worse, Balmain/Ryde Eastwood Leagues are basically penniless while Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown are just fine financially. To keep the joint venture going and the NSW Cup Magpies, these two Leagues clubs basically had to bankroll both, while getting none of the credit for the headline NRL act because it's all swathed in that hideous Orange. Balmain's old guard is basically sucking the junior ranks and the money from another club while throwing them the token bone of 4 games a year, and no finals games.

I'd like to see the Wests Leagues clubs threaten to pull the pin on the venture to force Balmain to give them a fairer deal. In terms of finances, the Pies are better set than the Tigers alone. In terms of junior talent base, they're better set. It's only a few influential supporters and a great name and heritage (no premierships 1969-1999, though!) which Balmain bring to the table. The pin will likely never be pulled, but I'd love to see the old Western Suburbs call their bluff until a better deal comes along for them.

The number of ex-Balmain players who push their bias in Rugby League media is horrible. Channel 9’s constant excitement over games at Leichhardt is sickening, especially when they don’t get nearly as pumped up about other suburban grounds. It’s a hole with nightmarish roads and parking around.

Every time a Wests junior comes through, the media love-in is always overboard. James Tedesco (a Campbelltown junior, of course) was almost hailed as the saviour of the sport before he even played a first grade game. His knee injury during his debut was handled with sufficient tragedy by Channel 9, you’d think someone had died. Tim Moltzen was appointed as a superstar before people slowly realised he wasn’t worth the hype coming out of old Balmain blowhards. Don’t get me started on Curtis Sironen, a guy you’d never have heard of if his name was Curtis Smith. All the excitement over seeing a guy that size play 5/8 is bogus – it’s only a bonus if he’s any good. Currently, he’s either a fat halves player or a mediocre forward who fancies he has a passing game (a la Fat Dave Taylor).

Ben Elias’s business dealings always appear to be on the brink of landing him in jail, yet his self-serving opinion keeps getting plenty of ink.

As much as I loathe much of the Tigers support, I almost feel sorry for them too. No other supporters read or hear as much hype or bias towards their own club. It must be tough when reality keeps contradicting what they are led to believe.
You can say the same thing about the Dragons and Steelers merger.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
broncos supporters for sure, every time we go to suncorp stadium on the way home in the train if the dogs have won its your a pack of rapists, your a team of cheats........... if the broncos win its always we won you lost bla bla bla

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can say the same thing about the Dragons and Steelers merger.
Dunno. While there is a slight Kogarah bias in the merger, it's nowhere near as bad as with Wests. Some of it was unavoidable, given the massive imbalance in their histories. This wasn't the case with the Tigers-Magpies who were the same age.

While the nickname, logo and shirt were all directly lifted from St George, at least the merged entity accepted a training base and headquarters in Wollongong. They also wear old Steelers colours as their change kit and at least play half their games in the Illawarra region. The feeder team, the Cutters, also plays out of Wollongong.

Wests Tigers have no excuse for screwing the Magpies. They basically play with Balmain's nickname in Balmain's colours (with a change kit that isn't even Western Suburbs colours). They're based in Concord, which is Balmain territory and play only 4 out of 12 games in Magpies territory. The slow strangulation of the Magpies as an NSW Cup entity while taking money from Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown to prop up Balmain as a feeder club last year was disgusting.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno. While there is a slight Kogarah bias in the merger, it's nowhere near as bad as with Wests. Some of it was unavoidable, given the massive imbalance in their histories. This wasn't the case with the Tigers-Magpies who were the same age.

While the nickname, logo and shirt were all directly lifted from St George, at least the merged entity accepted a training base and headquarters in Wollongong. They also wear old Steelers colours as their change kit and at least play half their games in the Illawarra region. The feeder team, the Cutters, also plays out of Wollongong.

Wests Tigers have no excuse for screwing the Magpies. They basically play with Balmain's nickname in Balmain's colours (with a change kit that isn't even Western Suburbs colours). They're based in Concord, which is Balmain territory and play only 4 out of 12 games in Magpies territory. The slow strangulation of the Magpies as an NSW Cup entity while taking money from Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown to prop up Balmain as a feeder club last year was disgusting.
Illawarra have been shafted slightly less than Wests I guess...

But even one of the main chants front St Merge fans is "St George (clap clap clap) St Geroge" etc.... also they are often referred to as the "Saints".

Status
Not open for further replies.