1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Moses mic'd up with Lichaa

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion Archive' started by Dogna88, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

Lichaa said we look alot sharper since Foran started ballwork with team. He said Foran was a freak. Very very exciting times ahead. Hopefully Foran Lichaa and Mbye form a gun long term combo for us. Klemmer Woods Jackson are signed long term also. We can bulid a team around these 6 core players. As all of them are about to enter the prime of there careers.

If our spine fires then look out. We could have success for a long period of time.

When I say success I mean winning the fucking comp in multiple years. Not just making top 4 and reaching grand finals. That isnt success. Winning the comp means success.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Megatron_dog

Megatron_dog Immortal

You forgot his show and go. He'll pull that out three to four times a game, even if there isn't anyone to pass to for the show lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

I agree that Frawley has major flaws in his game. But at the same time I have seen that pay has no favourites and will change things up and pick on merit. Shame he had no influence on this team he litrally walked in.

I think with a proper structure Frawley might surprise us. I even think with a better coach Reynolds would have been a better player too :p but that’s another story.

At the end of the day if for the first 21 years of your life you hit forwards, and you get the ball with space and under haslers sysyem the dummy half does lollipop passes to a flat footed forward who passes to another forward to passes to a half it would make Thurston look shit.

I think even lichaas passes will be more crisp and give us some width with our attack instead of us continuing to hit the middle.

One thing for sure I’m expecting us to make more meters with the ball in hand, more offloads and more points this year. Because we honestly cant score any less then we did this year even if we started the game with 10 players every week.

4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Immortal

There's no chance woods starts on the bench.
    Tolman will either play lock or from the bench.

5. D- voice

D- voice Forum Regular

Someone here is not listening...
    I said, I am predicting this lineup Not choosing !
    based on these facts
    Tolman ( like him or not ) is here and he is a full 80 minutes player, too slow to play lock and wouldn't offer much off the bench.
    Woods could make a major impact coming off the bench
    Klemmer is better suited at prop and the go forward since we lost Graham and Kasiano
    Jackson or Priest could become the more mobile locks that will be needed

6. Nabsolutely Fabulous

Nabsolutely Fabulous Immortal Gilded

Tolman is not an 80 minute forward at all lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CMP

CMP Kennel Enthusiast

I think 12 of the 17 pick themselves.

New coach new players. Attitude in the pre-season and trial form should decide the rest of the lineup.

At this stage for Round 1 - this would be my team.

1. Moses Mbye
    2. Brett Morris
    3. Josh Morris
    4. Will Hopoate
    5. Marcelo Montoya

6. Josh Cleeland (Matt Frawley / Lachlan Lewis)
    7. Kieran Foran
    8. David Klemmer
    9. Michael Lichaa
    10. Aaron Woods
    11. Josh Jackson

12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    13. Aiden Tolman (working hard in Defence. Minimal attack involvement. Help to reduce Lichaa's defensive workload)

14. Fa’amanu Brown (makes a perfect 14 utility)
    15. Francis Taulau
    16. Danny Fualalo / Clay Priest
    17. Adam Elliott / Rhyse Martin

• Like Like x 1
  8. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Great lineup just hope hazem can help mbyes goal kicking

9. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Or Halligan, since it's his actual job

• Like Like x 1
  10. albatross

albatross Forum Regular

Last year we played like shit and missed the finals. So we recruit an Australian starting front rower and you want to bench him for Tolman! We need Woods' quick play the balls from the start of games. Tolman offers nothing as a starting prop.

11. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Kennel Addict

Doesn’t offer anything from the bench so you think he deserves a start? Okay Des Hasler

12. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

Ivw changed my tune im willing to give this line up a go.

If you actually look at Frawleys pics in the preseason he looks super fit. His 24 next year I think. Andrew Johns always said it takes a half 50 odd games in 1st grade to find there feet. I know Frawley hasnt played anywhere near that yet, but with another full preseason under his belt plus the help of Foran next to him im willing to give Frawley a go.

Lets not forget he was in and out of the team on a weekly basis last season. Plus Des was the coach lol. No young half can develop under these circumstances and look good.

Hopefully with some good coaching and Foran as a mentor then Frawley might develop into a very good half.

Laugh as much as yous want but if you look at Frawleys body shape and the way he moves he actually reminds me of Darren Lockyer. If his half as good as Lockyer then we are cheering.

I know Lockyer played on the right side of the field in origin when he partnered Thurston, im guessing thats where Frawley will play. While leaving Foran on his natural left side.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

He will not be anywhere near half as good as Lockyer keep dreaming, his body shape and the way he plays is nothing like Lockyer lol

One is a short halfback the other is a lanky type fullback who had the skill to become a 5/8.

If anything abbey has the body shape and playing style of Lockyer..

14. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Yes but the club appointed hazem from now on

15. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

Frawley isnt short do your research.

16. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Addict Gilded

Frawley is bigger than you think. He wouldn't be far off 6 feet in the old currency and is pretty solid. He certainly is fit - like all the others.

• Like Like x 1
  17. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

I agree and think frawley will surprise alot of people ,remember this post for when he kills it during the season

18. Oatley Dog

While I am sure Pay would be comfortable shifting around some of the fringe players I really don't think (unless there is an injury) he will make major changes to the pack and backline generally. Lee is gone, Hoppa is in Mbye takes his spot. All of that adds up to one spot being available in the halves. Graham goes, Woods comes in. Starting pack doesn't change. Benchies? Yes there will be a bit of a shuffle there, but I think most of Pay's efforts will be between their ears during the off season, playing footy instead of strategy. As the season goes on he may make some more significant changes but I can't see tolman not starting and I wouldn't be surprised if Klem is either lock or on the bench so we continue to have firepower when Woodsey gets a spell.

19. Nabsolutely Fabulous

Nabsolutely Fabulous Immortal Gilded

So you want to bench the starting Australian frontrow...for Tolman? Lol okay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Oatley Dog

A couple of things. Klemm came off the bench for all but one of his Australian games so he is a benchie. More importantly though I said that I don't think Pay is going to tinker with the senior players very much. That's my observation. He's coming in and needs the support of the senior playing group to get the job done. Tolman is one of the most senior players in the team and was VC this year. So I think that Pay will either leave Tolman at 8 and Klemm at 13 or swap them around. The only other option that would make sense is to bench Klemm, keep Tolman at 8 and bring in another lock. I think that is the less likely option but more likely than benching Tolman. Time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.