Moses mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pritchard made way to our departing club to make room for the Bulldogs to re- sign him.
Heck-we even let go hodkinson prior.
Forward 2017
Reynolds gone!
Players getting agitated and unrest.

This guy and the club has fucked us long term.
This guy(was touted) as the next jt!

Why I blame the club-cause they sign him on a long term deal-the **** cannot be touched and nobody wants him cause he is so shit!

Can't kick goals, misses tackles(most lead into tries), 5th tackle options are woeful and all he does is put up bombs! So uninspirational!
Does not direct the team!

Long term deals ruin players and clubs(and I can understand why they went this way) but geezus
This guy ended up being our biggest lemon of our sour fruits.
Now we are trying to move our little pawns around to make a competitive side for 2018 cause they are all on back end contracts and locked in long term cause we were afraid we were going to see them jump to another club.bea ha ha ie Tolman and mbye Eastwood kasiano.

Our club is fucked!
The players we will be getting rid off-we will end up paying for it to play for another club.
No wonder we have salary cap issues!

Hasler- wake up u fuck! U fucked us!
Fuck ur pride! Fuck the game plan!
Ur statistics are boring the shit out of everyone. And now we can't get a decent squad because u invested in lemons!

Heck I even blame the media"oh - Hasler has take them to the finals every year - why get rid of him"

Fuck- all u have to do is win 1/2 ur game and ur in the semis-seriously
Nrl is truely a shit code!

Going back to my initial purpose of this topic- fuck u mbye u piece of shit!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I get a pain in my balls watching him.

I'm praying I don't have that pain for another 3 years.

Hopefully, somehow, he lives up to his potential!! Maybe in another position or outside Foran.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because he is a half!
No direction, no vision and yet is in a key position!
Exactly. We ALL know Hasler is to blame BUT these halves and players have to cop it too.

Mbye is fucking USELESS. I have said it before and I will say it now you put Cronk, Foran or ANY GOOD half in this system and we would be better. We still wouldn't win but they would do this shit style better than Mbye. He is fucking hopeless.

I give Frawley a pass, I don't rate him but he's young and a rookie so he gets a pass. Mbye has been in the system long enough, got way more try assists and lb assists last year and this year he just looks shit.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I say why blame him, he is a footballer that is playing out of position. Im as p*ssed as the next guy but if im an electrician and get made to redo the plumbing it aint gonna fuckin end well.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a real hard call to blame Mbye for all the Bulldogs problems but he certainly is part of the problem.

Mbye is another player who has come up through the Bulldogs U20s system. The most successful being Josh Jackson who is one of the best backorders in the NRL. Another is David Klemmer who sadly has only gone backwards at club level; for that I blame Hasler's selection and coaching which has turned one of the best front row prospects the Bulldogs have had into a plodder wearing no.13.

Mbye has definitely got talent, there's no doubt about that. But his talent is limited. He is a running back, who can only play on the left side of the ruck. He is certainly not a half back, come organiser who can control the Bulldogs playing style. Sure he got a $750K or $800K contract for a four year period but he didn't knock on Raelene's door when she was selling contracts and said "I'll have this one". It was all a master stroke by our master coach.

I've got no idea what if anything came out of the "players meeting" yesterday or if it actually took place. But what needs to happen is that the players all come to an honest acceptance of their ability and then man up and front Hasler and just get to the basics of who plays where and does what stuff. The only way the Bulldogs are going to avoid the train wreck (which IMO is due between now and round 18) is for the players and Hasler to leave the favouritism outside and focus on selecting the team based on performance and ability only.

That is the only way harmony will be restored and the players will want to play for the Bulldogs jersey.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not sure he is to blame. He is not a halfback. Put him where he can contribute at Fullback or hooker. He would be a decent player in those positions..

Its like putting Brett Morris at number 7 and then blaming him because he cant lead the team around. He's a winger!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But look at Michael ennis, everyone wanted his head when he was our captain.. He goes to sharks and is the best hooker in the comp, wins the comp too.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. We ALL know Hasler is to blame BUT these halves and players have to cop it too.

Mbye is fucking USELESS. I have said it before and I will say it now you put Cronk, Foran or ANY GOOD half in this system and we would be better. We still wouldn't win but they would do this shit style better than Mbye. He is fucking hopeless.

I give Frawley a pass, I don't rate him but he's young and a rookie so he gets a pass. Mbye has been in the system long enough, got way more try assists and lb assists last year and this year he just looks shit.
Isn't Frawley the same age as Mybe?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
But look at Michael ennis, everyone wanted his head when he was our captain.. He goes to sharks and is the best hooker in the comp, wins the comp too.
I never wanted Mick to leave.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You have to remember that the players are told to play the way they are playing. The coach has them playing like robots and doesn't allow any off the cuff or intuitive play. Frawley has the skills but Moses certainly does not, or has been told not to use them. Is he even coached? He has just gone downhill this season.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to remember that the players are told to play the way they are playing. The coach has them playing like robots and doesn't allow any off the cuff or intuitive play. Frawley has the skills but Moses certainly does not, or has been told not to use them. Is he even coached? He has just gone downhill this season.
I think if he was given the opportunity to play whats in front of him, he would be a different player. I stll dont think he's a half, but in at Centre or FB. BUt des a better job at Hooker.
Reynolds and Frawley in the halves.
Next year replace Reyonlds with Foran.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
I laugh when people say they hope Mbye lives up to his potential. What potential! He's never had potential! I have seen nothing at anytime that has shown me he is anything more than a NSW Cup player. The fear the club has/had is that if they let him go they could be letting go another JT but JT had potential. Mbye has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much truth there is it to it but I heard that after one of our games (I think it was when we first played roosters and had to reshuffle a whole bunch of players) Mbye told Des in front of all the players that he didn't want to play in the halves anymore.

If true, again the blame lies at hasler's feet.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye, even when in the 20s and the few NSW Cup games he played, was never a noted organising player - he is and has been a good runner of the ball. Frawley is neither. Have missed the last two NSW Cup games -anyone have any informed opinion of how Lewis is managing the team / defending. Noticed Keighran was named on the bench for the 20s last week - after two years pre season training with first grade!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much truth there is it to it but I heard that after one of our games (I think it was when we first played roosters and had to reshuffle a whole bunch of players) Mbye told Des in front of all the players that he didn't want to play in the halves anymore.

If true, again the blame lies at hasler's feet.
I recall Mbye saying that in the press. Something to the effect that he doesn't see himself as a half but he is prepared to do whatever the team needs him to do. Give the kid credit for trying to aim up in a position he really doesn't feel he is suited to.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye, even when in the 20s and the few NSW Cup games he played, was never a noted organising player - he is and has been a good runner of the ball. Frawley is neither. Have missed the last two NSW Cup games -anyone have any informed opinion of how Lewis is managing the team / defending. Noticed Keighran was named on the bench for the 20s last week - after two years pre season training with first grade!
Watched the second half on Sunday at ANZ. Lewis was playing 3 off the ruck for some reason and really not doing anything. Cleeland though at 6 (first time I've seen him) is like Matt Utai in shape and made a few good one on one tackles and generally looked much sharper than Lewis. The one that impressed me the most though was Garlick (12). Made a few good runs in behind the ruck, had a couple of offloads in him and was good in defence. Haven't seen him before but he is an Elliott type with some promise. Thought Saunders did much better than To'omaga at prop as well. Woolford went OK as well although the defence was slow and he was able to kick from DH a couple of times.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall Mbye saying that in the press. Something to the effect that he doesn't see himself as a half but he is prepared to do whatever the team needs him to do. Give the kid credit for trying to aim up in a position he really doesn't feel he is suited to.
Absolute bullshit.

When his contract was up for renewal Mbye made it clear that he wanted to lead the Bulldogs around the park and that he was after the 7 Maroons jersey once there crop retired.

Now the coward says he is not an organiser.

He played the club and is now reaping the rewards of a nice big healthy fat salary.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched the second half on Sunday at ANZ. Lewis was playing 3 off the ruck for some reason and really not doing anything. Cleeland though at 6 (first time I've seen him) is like Matt Utai in shape and made a few good one on one tackles and generally looked much sharper than Lewis. The one that impressed me the most though was Garlick (12). Made a few good runs in behind the ruck, had a couple of offloads in him and was good in defence. Haven't seen him before but he is an Elliott type with some promise. Thought Saunders did much better than To'omaga at prop as well. Woolford went OK as well although the defence was slow and he was able to kick from DH a couple of times.
Thanks - Early in the season Cleeland seemed sharp but his handling n defence was letting him down. Read on here that Woolford was "fat" - didn't seem that way to me - does have a "fat head" though - he seems a better dummy half than Garvey n Lichaa. Garlick has been around a while - mainly a half and dummy half - surprised he has been playing second row. At least the NSW Cup side have been ok the last three weeks - 2 draws and a win - earlier in the year they had some terrible lapses from individuals particularly in the backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.