Moses mbye we're does he fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's hard to motivate yourself for NSW Cup when you know you are good enough to be in first grade. Mbye should be first in the team if either Ennis, Hodkinson, Reynolds, Morris or Lafai miss a game.
Agreed, when state of origin is on im sure he will get his fg debut.. as Reynolds will definitely be playing for the blues..

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see him in #17 jersey off the bench as tolman, graham and finucane can all play big mins however i think he does need to bide his time in reserve grade and assert himself more there.
I think hes the type of guy that will shine in first grade with other stars around him but struggle in reserve grade. Thats just my opinion. The two trials he played he killed it as was surrounded by first graders plus our reseve grade side cannot hold onto the ball and have the worst completion rate in the comp!
I agree why are we the only team that refuses to promote young talent other clubs do and the juniors do well we never really have and either lose the best to other clubs or they get stuck waiting with no real hope as hasler will never change his team unless an injury occurs anyone in the FG team is a white koala until injured.

Happy we got Des but hate that side of things, Mbye would provide some much needed spark sooner the better

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
There seems to be an obsession on here sometimes for players to be picked on reputation rather than anything else. Our halves are on fire, so where does that leave Mbye? In nsw cup that's where. If his face looks like he was upset because he wanted to play that's good. It means hes hungry, but looking upset doesn't get you selection into first grade.
His time may come but it's not now

Last edited by a moderator:

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I agree why are we the only team that refuses to promote young talent other clubs do and the juniors do well we never really have and either lose the best to other clubs or they get stuck waiting with no real hope as hasler will never change his team unless an injury occurs anyone in the FG team is a white koala until injured.

Happy we got Des but hate that side of things, Mbye would provide some much needed spark sooner the better
You post makes no sense. Our halves are on fire at the moment and we have the best for/against in the comp. Why do we desperately need the spark of a rookie who is yet to put his stamp on a game in NSW cup? What benefit would that be?

So we don't promote younger players yet in the last few years we seen Reynolds, Lafai, Klemmer, Jackson and Finucane become regular first graders. How many do we need to put in the team? I mean does being good at NYC level automatically entitle you to play first grade? If players leave who cares? Would you honestly take Sezer over Reynolds? Only 10% of NYC players go on to play nrl. Of course some will move on.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Didnt agree with any part of your post. You appear to have NFI. A nuffie as it were.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to list the extensive number of players that have come through the ranks in recent years and are now established first graders but you boys have beaten me to it..

At least it's not the school holidays so we can't blame that for the influx of questionable minds.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As others have said.

A) Mbye is struggling in NSW Cup. You don't promote someone who is struggling.

B) Commas and full stops are wonderful things.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You post makes no sense. Our halves are on fire at the moment and we have the best for/against in the comp. Why do we desperately need the spark of a rookie who is yet to put his stamp on a game in NSW cup? What benefit would that be?

So we don't promote younger players yet in the last few years we seen Reynolds, Lafai, Klemmer, Jackson and Finucane become regular first graders. How many do we need to put in the team? I mean does being good at NYC level automatically entitle you to play first grade? If players leave who cares? Would you honestly take Sezer over Reynolds? Only 10% of NYC players go on to play nrl. Of course some will move on.
Spot ****ing on mate! :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was about to list the extensive number of players that have come through the ranks in recent years and are now established first graders but you boys have beaten me to it..

At least it's not the school holidays so we can't blame that for the influx of questionable minds.
Lol..you obviously haven't been to westfields this week!

Btw lol.. At your signature ..

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, so if you were coach of the Dogs, how would you include Mbye in the team. Play him off the bench, at who's expense? Who is going to replace and when? What role will he play? How many minutes will he play? How will it effect the forwards rotation?

He will eventually get a crack at first grade and he is signed on for 3 years (I think) so he is prepared to bide his time. No one wants another episode like JT, but as someone else said, 10% of NYC players go on to FG and only a small % of them are superstars.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well he needs to play nsw cup for a while like what barba did and mbye needs work on his body frame and improve his defensive game. his not ready...

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well he needs to play nsw cup for a while like what barba did and mbye needs work on his body frame and improve his defensive game. his not ready...
Mbye does have a good defensive game what I saw at the start of the year in the trials.
I know everything is working well at the moment and you dont change a winning formula, but if we were going to bring Mbye In id have him off the bench and drop Tim Brown.
Finucane and Eastwood can both play in the front row so id bring Mbye in with 20 mins to go in each half at lock with abit more spark when opposition is getting tired.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye does have a good defensive game what I saw at the start of the year in the trials.
I know everything is working well at the moment and you dont change a winning formula, but if we were going to bring Mbye In id have him off the bench and drop Tim Brown.
Finucane and Eastwood can both play in the front row so id bring Mbye in with 20 mins to go in each half at lock with abit more spark when opposition is getting tired.
I agree with this idea but not before he is ready. He has been struggling with form in NSW Cup. If he can improve then I would go with this strategy but that probably won't happen until next year if everyone stays fit.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can Mbye play on the wing. He is the fastest in our club and we do lack speed there??? Just a thought.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can Mbye play on the wing. He is the fastest in our club and we do lack speed there??? Just a thought.
He did play in the centres, I wouldn't say he is suited to the wing just due to his height (180cm still good though) compared to the 190-200cm blokes coming through. He is a tanky bloke to be honest aswell.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He did play in the centres, I wouldn't say he is suited to the wing just due to his height (180cm still good though) compared to the 190-200cm blokes coming through. He is a tanky bloke to be honest aswell.
roger tuivasa-sheck is listed as 178cm and he's a gun winger, don't see why we can trial that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.