Moses Mbye was a natural riding Nitro Circus’ Travis Pastrana’s bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/e1ba2132f25c7156883a23971c090bdb

DES Hasler is sure to blow up when he sees this photo of star playmaker Moses Mbye hooning around on the back of bike.

Just 72 hours out from the Bulldogs’ clash against the Sydney Roosters, Mbye cheekily accepted an offer from Nitro Circus and stunt rider Travis Pastrana to take his two-wheeler for a quick spin.

Mbye looked like a natural as he showed off in front of a few of his Canterbury teammates at Allphones Arena.

But he might nothing less than a man-of-the-match performance for the Dogs across the road at ANZ Stadium on Sunday if he is any chance to get back into the coach’s good books.

“Des will be a bit shocked,’’ a smiling Mbye said.

Pastrana, the American who has jumped out of a plane without a parachute, and performed some of the most frightening stunt on two wheels, was even a little concerned when he heard stories about Hasler.

“He (Mbye) was good on the bike, but I was more fearing for my life because I’ve heard his coach is a tough guy,’’ Pastrana told The Daily Telegraph.

The memo from Hasler to the Dogs’ players before they took part in the Nitro Circus cross-promotion was to stay well away from bikes.

Moses Mbye taking Nitro Circus’ Travis Pastrana’s bike for a spin at Qudos Bank Arena.

Luckily for Mbye he has had no such problems executing Hasler’s plans on game day.

Mbye and Canterbury looked good last Sunday, albeit against a struggling Wests Tigers, but can start to build some momentum with a rare back-to-back win against the Sydney Roosters.

For proud Queenslander Mbye, he can also stand in the way of Blues’ No. 7 hopeful Mitchell Pearce by upstaging him on the same side of the field.

“It’s always good to come up against a quality player, me and Pearcey play on the same side, so it will be a good test,’’ Mbye said.

“I think there have been a few reports where he has said himself he’s not ready (for Origin) and hasn’t been back in the game a long time. But if he’s good enough he’ll be picked.

“I hope he has a really good performance, but I’m out there to win for our team.

“My own form has been sound at the moment. There’s always room for improvement. I’m communicating a lot better and taking control of the team, and that was the main thing I wanted to focus on this year.

“We’ve got an opportunity now to string some wins together, and if we can make it three or four wins, it would be nice to help us kickstart our season.’’

Moses Mbye takes a closer looks at Travis Pastrana’s bike.

While all eyes will be on Pearce, Mbye considers himself a fair way down the Maroon’s playmaking pecking order, with the likes of Daly Cherry-Evans, Ben Hunt and even Corey Norman all arguably ahead of him.

Meanwhile, Greg Eastwood confirmed the Dogs had offered him a two-year deal, which would keep him at Belmore until the end of 2018. The club are close to stitching up Eastwood, Mbye, David Klemmer and Josh Jackson to new deals.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that I ride my bike with no gear lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But he might nothing less than a man-of-the-match performance for the Dogs across the road at ANZ Stadium on Sunday if he is any chance to get back into the coach’s good books.
Doesn't anybody at The Daily Telegraph bother to check their grammar and sentences make sense before publishing anymore?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can Pastrana kick a league ball? New half?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Love Pastrana. 199 lives son.

Status
Not open for further replies.