Morris Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been sad seeing them play since the club announced they were going - both are champions

Both carved up again yesterday, both have still got it

The club made its decision, non cap related but still think its a mistake..

And it gives Pay a big job to do to find a whole new left side .. Crighton & Montoya dont fill me much with confidence..

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cap related or not, it is a massive hole to fill in 2019

Crichton, Montoya, Hoppa is a massive downgrade for that left edge, if it pans out that way, and no doubt that left edge will be bombarded next season just like our right edge was bombarded at the beginning of this year with the snails of foran, hoppa & montoya

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They've been in great form of late.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That was the best game they have ever had together at the club I wish we can somehow keep them

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have to try and make them back flip on there new deals. They killed it yesterday because we finally have a decent half to give them good space

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be great loss, but i think we needed to bite the bullet and move on. Their departure would create some cap space for us at least to make a play for a decent centre.

Malla

Reaction score
I honestly don’t think it’s a huge loss at all. They’re just role players doing their job and I am confident that whoever we plug in on that side will be able to get the job done the same if not better.

Lachlan Lewis is the reason why they’ve almost had a second lease on life...he’s been giving them early and crisp ball in space and his kicking game as been excellent.

Malla

Reaction score
It will be great loss, but i think we needed to bite the bullet and move on. Their departure would create some cap space for us at least to make a play for a decent centre.
Exactly. Combined they’re on about 1.5 mil. Not worth it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think it’s a huge loss at all. They’re just role players doing their job and I am confident that whoever we plug in on that side will be able to get the job done the same if not better.

Lachlan Lewis is the reason why they’ve almost had a second lease on life...he’s been giving them early and crisp ball in space and his kicking game as been excellent.

They are far from just 'role players'... they are the best defensive wing/centre combo in the comp and when games these days so often come down to 6 points or less, they are invaluable.. not to mention they are weapons in attack and bringing the ball out of our own end

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are far from just 'role players'... they are the best defensive wing/centre combo in the comp and when games these days so often come down to 6 points or less, they are invaluable.. not to mention they are weapons in attack and bringing the ball out of our own end
They were going to have to be replaced eventually, mose well do it now while we are rebuilding then do it in another two years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will deff be missed, no doubt about that!! They had an outstanding game yesterday as did everyone,best I’ve seen them play in a long time now theres more structure having a prince half.

But with the coin they are on I guess it’s a given what’s going to happen An is best for the clubs future moving forward..!!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were going to have to be replaced eventually, mose well do it now while we are rebuilding then do it in another two years.

Yea I know... it's a shame.. I'm just pointing out that it's very big shoes to fill

Malla

Reaction score
I’m talking 2018 not 2012 lol. Those days are gone bud. Nothing but role players now. Where were they at the start of the year when we needed them? Or last season for that matter?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m talking 2018 not 2012 lol. Those days are gone bud. Nothing but role players now. Where were they at the start of the year when we needed them? Or last season for that matter?
Put any good wing/centre in a team with 0 creativity in the spine and see how much you get out of them in attack.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I know... it's a shame.. I'm just pointing out that it's very big shoes to fill
I agree mate, but as much as I love the brothers I am more excited about the team as a whole and what the future holds. I am sure the replacements will do their job and also improve over time. It's just time now to part with the older guys under Dessie tenure and focus on the new era with fresh blood in the side.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My point exactly!!! Role players lol

They may not have been scoring the tries, but their defence and carries were still top of the league. Let's see them replaced with Hoppa and Montoya and you still call the Morris boys 'role players'.. dumbest shit I've heard. A 'role player' does not go above and beyond like they do

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all depends on price. They were both on big dollars and we’d probably want to start applying our long serving player allowance to Tolman or Klemmer and not JMoz.

Smith and Holland are proof that there is life in a new combination. I don’t know who will play on that left side though? I know Harper and Olive have both played left centre in NSW Cup.

Malla

Reaction score
They may not have been scoring the tries, but their defence and carries were still top of the league. Let's see them replaced with Hoppa and Montoya and you still call the Morris boys 'role players'.. dumbest shit I've heard. A 'role player' does not go above and beyond like they do
Lol you have absolutely no idea what I mean by role players do you? But go watch the first 20 rounds...that defence you speak of was non existent, they were ill disciplined and were sin binned for professional fouls twice from memory. Garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.