Opinion Morrin

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was great last year too.

His small but he runs like a fucking Lion and he gets super fast play the balls.

Boys it's not all about size!!!!!!
Come on! guys only say that because they have a small deck and girls say it out of pity! :tearsofjoy:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really like this kid. Ultra competitive. Must be in the genes because I used to play tag with his uncle and he was a beast.
apparently he wasn’t going that great in Reggie’s, which is why he was so far down the pecking order? But he has always performed at the top level. He belongs there.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Played better than he has in reserves but I really don't rate his defence. Can't be starting games for us until that is cleaned up.
I wouldn't start him, but definately have him off the bench.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No shit he does lol.. definitely needs to be in.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could say the same as topine he’s a hard runner and great defender yet can’t get a look in

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Posted the following in the "Gus On Twitter" Thread prior to the game.

-
Can't knock Morrin's on field attitude or application though, he won't die wondering.
Dare I say it, he has that true "Die For The Cause" Bulldog DNA - He Aint Scared.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL is changing, whilst big boppers will always have a place in the game, they must have good leg speed… not many around in that mould. Guys like Cotter are proving small blokes can have an impact as a middle, strength and low centre of gravity have their perks in our game

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Morrin should always be in the 17. Even at full strength I would pick him.
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Thompson
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. RFM
14. Reynolds
15. Morrin
16. TPJ
17. (Patolo, Pele, Sutton)
Not fussed about 17. Pele is explosive but he has very low endurance. Sutton a worker and nothing more. Patolo somwhere between Pele and Sutton, not as explosive as Pele, not as strong in defense or involvement as Sutton.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old thread but thought I would revive, this guy just has amazing energy. The only thing holding him back from being something really special is his size. he is less than 1.8 M and only 95 Kg. You put Morrin in a body like TPJ and T-REX you would have a superstar.

Having said all that CC seems to like playing smaller men in the middle, especially coming off the bench. I don't mind the idea of starting with 3 big middle forwards like last weekend, then around 20 minutes bring a prop off and have the lock move into the front row and someone like Morrin come on. He is mobile and has a good tackling technique and can provide that linkage with the halves too.