News Morgan Harper to fast to play

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sure he was excited because he was playing anywhere else but for us or Pay as coach and finally had a chance to play somewhere.

You and I know players aren't excited to play under Des or Madge etc.. It was all about opportunity. Anyway, good luck to him. I'm glad he's playing well and it made no sense why he wasn't given more games or at least kept til the end of the season. Because recruiting Lafai achieved nothing.
Do you think he stood out in lower grades and when he was given an opportunity in first grade? How long do you persist with someone showing nothing? Isn’t that what our coaches have been constantly criticised for doing?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm sure he was excited because he was playing anywhere else but for us or Pay as coach and finally had a chance to play somewhere.

You and I know players aren't excited to play under Des or Madge etc.. It was all about opportunity. Anyway, good luck to him. I'm glad he's playing well and it made no sense why he wasn't given more games or at least kept til the end of the season. Because recruiting Lafai achieved nothing.
Bro don't listen to these *****, full of absolute fucking shit because they're to busy sucking off their gronk mates at the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you think he stood out in lower grades and when he was given an opportunity in first grade? How long do you persist with someone showing nothing? Isn’t that what our coaches have been constantly criticised for doing?
There were no lower grades this season. And they did that with Holland and Montoya for three seasons so why not give Harper a run? He couldn't do worse than those two. One of the few games he had he dominated Katoni Staggs. He was never given a consistent run. He played like three games. Meanwhile Holland played 100 plus and Montoya over 50!

It's clear Pay hated him as he froze out many players in the squad in preference of plodders and his favourites.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There were no lower grades this season. And they did that with Holland and Montoya for three seasons so why not give Harper a run? He couldn't do worse than those two. One of the few games he had he dominated Katoni Staggs.

It's clear Pay hated him as he froze out many players in the squad in preference of plodders and his favourites.
He played the safe bets but also saw when we did have lower grades as well as what the players show at training. Not saying he did the right thing but Harper was no stand out and I won’t let an ok game or two blow my mind that he’s the one that got away

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the pre season trials closely and Harper clearly out shined Remis and last night he clearly dominated Remis. What the hell is this club doing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He played the safe bets but also saw when we did have lower grades as well as what the players show at training. Not saying he did the right thing but Harper was no stand out and I won’t let an ok game or two blow my mind that he’s the one that got away
Either way there was no justification to release him mid season. He could be playing for us right now. I think it's an indictment on the club and coaches inability to recognise and develop talent more than anything.

Let's just hope when Barrett takes over we finally see our talented youngsters reach their potential with us and not another club.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the way you say Anderson's plural. We all lnpw that Chris hs mothing to do with the club.....tongue in cheek.
if you mention the "v" word, by law you have to say what a wonderful job the Anderson's are doing.....according to some on here

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the pre season trials closely and Harper clearly out shined Remis and last night he clearly dominated Remis. What the hell is this club doing
Interesting. I distinctly remember him playing his way out of the 17 in those trials. He was definitely poor.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He told me he was keen to play for Des and with Tommy T & DCE. I’m not sure why he’d lie
Makes sense. Don’t blame him.
You wouldn’t find a single player that would choose a Hoppa/Meaney and Lewis combo over those two

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Either way there was no justification to release him mid season. He could be playing for us right now. I think it's an indictment on the club and coaches inability to recognise and develop talent more than anything.

Let's just hope when Barrett takes over we finally see our talented youngsters reach their potential with us and not another club.
We can re-visit this when he plays 50 games but when a player you don’t want is given an opportunity I don’t see a problem with letting them take that opportunity, particularly when they have a young family etc. Happy to agree to disagree

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I also keep hearing about this “domination of Kotoni Staggs” last year that people are now using to embellish the loss of Harper.

I just revisted the stats from that game;
Harper: 115 metres, 6 missed tackles, 0 line breaks, 0 tackle busts, 0 try’s, 2 penalties conceded.
Staggs: 175 metres, 3 missed tackles, 1 line break, 8 tackle busts, 2 try’s.

Let’s not let the truth get in the way of a good story boys.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can re-visit this when he plays 50 games but when a player you don’t want is given an opportunity I don’t see a problem with letting them take that opportunity, particularly when they have a young family etc. Happy to agree to disagree
All good. We will agree to disagree on this one. 2021 can't come soon enough!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay only cared about defence and there was also a game where he was on the bench and got 15minutes at the end of a flogging to prove himself.

Harper had a few games to prove himself but Lewis gets 30-40?
Pay was a dick.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another one we can add to the list of guys we've told can go elsewhere while simultaneously looking for that exact type of player to join us.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also keep hearing about this “domination of Kotoni Staggs” last year that people are now using to embellish the loss of Harper.

I just revisted the stats from that game;
Harper: 115 metres, 6 missed tackles, 0 line breaks, 0 tackle busts, 0 try’s, 2 penalties conceded.
Staggs: 175 metres, 3 missed tackles, 1 line break, 8 tackle busts, 2 try’s.

Let’s not let the truth get in the way of a good story boys.
I don’t think anyone is saying that Harper is a world beater. I personally find it frustrating that we played guys like Holland, Montoya and Remis for so long when Harper could have done a mildly better job. Pick of a bad bunch. Either way no major loss.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was under contract for the rest of the season so there was no reason to release him. I doubt he wanted to play for Des. He just wanted an opportunity.

He wanted to play for anyone else but Pay who kept him in Reserves for two seasons while incompetent park footballers played ahead of him.
Pretty sure Des brought him over from NZ so probably no surprise Des offered him a chance at Manly.